777 keeps flashing up on my screen, is it a sign :lol:

It must have something to do with this :lol:

MAGIC SEVEN

7 is the Holy number. There are 7 days in creation, 7 days in the week, 7 phases of the moon, every 7th year was sabbatical, and 7 times 7 years was the jubilee. There are 7 ages in the life of man, 7 divisions in the Lord's Prayer, 7 bibles, 7 churches of Asia, 7 Graces, 7 Deadly Sins, 7 Senses, 7 Sorrows of the Virgin, 7 Virtues, 7 joys of the Virgin, 7 Precious Things of the Buddhas, 7 Sleepers of Ephesus, 7 Lamps of Architecture. The apostles chose 7 deacons, Enoch, who was translated, was 7th from Adam; Jesus Christ was the 77th in a direct line. The vision of Daniel was 70 weeks; and the elders of Israel were 70. There were also 7 heavens, 7 planets, 7 stars, 7 wise men, 7 champions of Christendom, 7 notes in music, 7 primary colors, 7 sacraments of the Catholic Church, and 7 wonders of the world (see below). 7 gateways were traversed by Inanna, the most important goddess of the Sumerian pantheon, during her descent into the underworld. The 7th son was considered endowed with pre-eminent wisdom; and the 7th son of a 7th son is still thought to possess the power of healing diseases spontaneously.

The 7 wonders of the ancient world are:

- Great Pyramid of Giza,

- Hanging Gardens of Babylon,

- Temple of Artemis at Ephesus,

- Statue of Zeus at Olympia,

- Mausoleum of Maussollos at Halicarnassus,

- Colossus of Rhodes,

- Lighthouse of Alexandria.

The 'Seven Blunders of the World' according to Mahatma Gandhi are:

- Wealth without work,

- Pleasure without conscience,

- Knowledge without character,

- Commerce without morality,

- Science without humanity,

- Worship without sacrifice,

- Politics without principle

EDIT..........................................

For the pious, seven is a sacred number. For gamblers, it is lucky.

It is said that God created the World in seven days. Muslims circle the Ka'bah in Mecca seven times. Hindus observe seven chakras.

The Seven Deadly Sins are a source of human downfall, while the Seven Wonders of the World are a source of inspiration.

For couples eager to take the plunge into marital bliss, it is hoped that sealing their love on the seventh day of the seventh month of the seventh year of this century will have lasting and fortuitous blessings.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Is anyone following the rumoured default on the comex? I found a link to the daily delivery report, but at this point in time I can't make much sense of it, having never followed it before and not knowing what figures are to be expected. Maybe someone here could help? ;)

Daily Delivery of Gold

Gold delivery apparently is the first column.

Is anyone following the rumoured default on the comex? I found a link to the daily delivery report, but at this point in time I can't make much sense of it, having never followed it before and not knowing what figures are to be expected. Maybe someone here could help? ;)

Daily Delivery of Gold

Welcome Foobar,

There is a Gold Comex Default thread

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....ic=5195&hl=

I don't think so. You missed out reading this will waste 7 minutes of your life.

It must have something to do with this :lol:

MAGIC SEVEN

7 is the Holy number. There are 7 days in creation, 7 days in the week, 7 phases of the moon, every 7th year was sabbatical, and 7 times 7 years was the jubilee. There are 7 ages in the life of man, 7 divisions in the Lord's Prayer, 7 bibles, 7 churches of Asia, 7 Graces, 7 Deadly Sins, 7 Senses, 7 Sorrows of the Virgin, 7 Virtues, 7 joys of the Virgin, 7 Precious Things of the Buddhas, 7 Sleepers of Ephesus, 7 Lamps of Architecture. The apostles chose 7 deacons, Enoch, who was translated, was 7th from Adam; Jesus Christ was the 77th in a direct line. The vision of Daniel was 70 weeks; and the elders of Israel were 70. There were also 7 heavens, 7 planets, 7 stars, 7 wise men, 7 champions of Christendom, 7 notes in music, 7 primary colors, 7 sacraments of the Catholic Church, and 7 wonders of the world (see below). 7 gateways were traversed by Inanna, the most important goddess of the Sumerian pantheon, during her descent into the underworld. The 7th son was considered endowed with pre-eminent wisdom; and the 7th son of a 7th son is still thought to possess the power of healing diseases spontaneously.

The 7 wonders of the ancient world are:

- Great Pyramid of Giza,

- Hanging Gardens of Babylon,

- Temple of Artemis at Ephesus,

- Statue of Zeus at Olympia,

- Mausoleum of Maussollos at Halicarnassus,

- Colossus of Rhodes,

- Lighthouse of Alexandria.

The 'Seven Blunders of the World' according to Mahatma Gandhi are:

- Wealth without work,

- Pleasure without conscience,

- Knowledge without character,

- Commerce without morality,

- Science without humanity,

- Worship without sacrifice,

- Politics without principle

EDIT..........................................

For the pious, seven is a sacred number. For gamblers, it is lucky.

It is said that God created the World in seven days. Muslims circle the Ka'bah in Mecca seven times. Hindus observe seven chakras.

The Seven Deadly Sins are a source of human downfall, while the Seven Wonders of the World are a source of inspiration.

For couples eager to take the plunge into marital bliss, it is hoped that sealing their love on the seventh day of the seventh month of the seventh year of this century will have lasting and fortuitous blessings.

Daily Delivery of Gold

Taken from Trader Dan's comments re. Comex: http://jsmineset.com/index.php/2008/12/01/...-trader-dan-20/

...Today we had another 2,566 deliveries that were taken, or stopped, against the December gold contract. That brings the monthly total to 11,166 ounces in just two days worth of deliveries. The entire month of October had only 11,554 to give you an idea how heavy the buying of the actual metal has been so far. Once again the stopper of size has been Bank of Nova Scotia. We are off to a very good start but cannot relax.

New thread time - hurrah. :lol:

For the record I can see some major declines in pretty much everything (including gold) as we run up to Christmas.

Not that it really matters, you just can't get an ounce of gold for love nor money these days.

It might be worth putting in some stink bids on miners just before the markets close for the holidays though. And there's always the prospect of an end of year tax sell off to create a few bargains. Happy hunting.

If one were to base a decision on this guys ramblings well, good luck.

He is totally anti-Panama, years of negative propganda and is real bitter about something...

However, researching this case there appears to be a monumental FU in their judicial system for it to get as far as it has.

On good authority for now, Panama will not open up...

The Canadian expat involved had the assets of his private foundation sequestered on the alleged charge that he had slandered HSBC in Panama City on yahoo forums. A private foundation has a separate legal identity from the person who sets it up (or is supposed to have) and of course should be completely private. The defendant claims (rightly so IMO)not to be acting on behalf of his foundation when posting on the internet under his own name. Even if he was to be found guilty of the charges there should be no connection to the foundation. This poor guy has not had access to his assets for a long time awaiting a trial date.

So my conclusion is it's probably not a safe jurisdiction for asset protection.

New thread time - hurrah. :lol:

For the record I can see some major declines in pretty much everything (including gold) as we run up to Christmas.

Not that it really matters, you just can't get an ounce of gold for love nor money these days.

It might be worth putting in some stink bids on miners just before the markets close for the holidays though. And there's always the prospect of an end of year tax sell off to create a few bargains. Happy hunting.

Here are my stink bids, which I adjusted after today - GFI @$5.35, SSRI @ $6.75 and SLW @ $2.65. Too high? :P

:lol:

However, you never know what an impending market holiday can throw up. Waiting a few weeks may bring some stunning bargains.

That's true. Retail is going to go bankrupt left and right. More liquidation from hedgefunds and institutions? Think we'll hit new HUI lows? I kinda thought late Oct was our low.

:lol:

However, you never know what an impending market holiday can throw up. Waiting a few weeks may bring some stunning bargains.

Yep, have to agree. I think we will see new lows in everything soon. For my holidays I am off to New Zealand in a few weeks time. I have six weeks there so thought I might try my hand at gold panning just for the hell of it. If I don't find anything, I will buy some mining companies. :lol: