Dan Norcini on JSmineset.com has had a bit to say about the IMF gold $450 article.

In closing, may I request that those of you who seem to relish sending me emails with links to articles bashing gold and to predictions about IMF gold dumps and $450 gold prices please cease doing so. What do you really expect me to say to such articles anyway? This is a gold-friendly web site because of all the reasons outlined so many times over the last few years. If you really believe those other articles then may I kindly suggest that you simply become a dedicated gold bear and sell all your gold and buy Treasuries. Gold is a time-tested store of value and insurance against the depredations of Central Bankers and spend-thrift politicians. That is why people buy it. If you trust paper securities right now and distrust gold, then that is your prerogative. At this point in time, I do not. At some point in the future I hope to be able to do once again. All the articles that some of you send my way are not going to change my convictions about this so stop wasting your time and mine – please!

Thank you!

Trader Dan Norcini

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Really not too sure about this... Are they really likely to sell their gold when they need it most? I finally managed to sell my house again, we move out on Thursday (complete Friday) and to be honest if gold hits these kind of lows I will sink the lot in to it.

If it happened would anyone's faith waver?

Great sage or feeling the squeeze?

Meanwhile, silver in backwardization (1 month)?

Really not too sure about this... Are they really likely to sell their gold when they need it most? I finally managed to sell my house again, we move out on Thursday (complete Friday) and to be honest if gold hits these kind of lows I will sink the lot in to it.

Good luck with the move.

If it happened I'd be pawning everything, including the family, to buy gold :lol:

Congrats on the house sale. :)

I'm buying silver (already have Au) and it's at a historically low ratio to gold.

If the gold price were to collapse to $450 I'd go in for more gold, and maybe reallocate silver depending on the ratio.

I want to maximize my ounces.

Yes, call me a bug but I like precious metal better than paper. This is the K-winter and only the first snows have fallen - in fact this winter seems to be late coming. All the better for the late prepared. Better late than never.

Not sure where I heard this recently:

"Those in the know are ashen faced. They are watching the tide going out, and they know what is coming".

I think it was on Radio Live here.

Ah, I remember, yesterday morning in the car.

And so they should be. If I were one of the 'elite' I would be buying gold while I still can. Once the General Public realise they have been conned good and proper they will rip the 'elite' a new a**e hole.

Thank you, it was quite a rally in silver. I've just sold half of what I purchased this morning and have set a stop at the $10 mark for the rest. Paper profits admittedly, but it all adds to the slush fund for mining equities and physical gold.

I just can't shake the feeling that we're going down before Xmas, though, so I'm staying careful (I certainly wouldn't rule out a sub-$7 silver abberation).

So, I *didn't* sell mine and yesterday was kicking myself reading your post whilst looking at the sub $9.80 price.

We're back at $10.20ish now. Very tempting to pull the trigger and look for another dip.

(BTW, we're talking PEANUTS here, I will make about enough profit to fill my car up with fuel on the way home from work tonight :rolleyes: )

So, I *didn't* sell mine and yesterday was kicking myself reading your post whilst looking at the sub $9.80 price.

We're back at $10.20ish now. Very tempting to pull the trigger and look for another dip.

(BTW, we're talking PEANUTS here, I will make about enough profit to fill my car up with fuel on the way home from work tonight :rolleyes: )

I think all this talk of trading is missing the point of people holding Gold & Silver, as insurance to financial crisis. Why sell when we are just starting to pull out of the correction?

This financial crisis is escalating and the reasons for moving currency to gold & silver are getting stronger by the day. Having lived through the last six months people holding gold & silver are starting to lose faith in their reasons for buying it in the first place.

I think we are just at the start of wave 3 of this bull, which should be around x 5. Have you read the recent article by Alf Field, if not have a look;

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Field/dec022008.html

Dont' sell for a "peanuts' profit, keep the faith and it will turn into a champagne profit soon. :lol:

Here's a quote from the end of the article mentioned.

"Why quit writing these reports? I have noticed from the emails that I receive that many people are using these reports to guide their trading activities in gold. I have had no objection to this in the past, but feel that it would be foolish to trade gold in the circumstances of the Big Kahuna crisis that we are living though at the moment. It has become a question of individual financial survival in an environment where things are happening more rapidly and with increasing violence. I feel very strongly that it is time to quietly hold onto one’s gold insurance and not attempt to trade it. I do not wish to provide interim levels that may cause people to be encouraged to trade their gold to skim a few extra fiat dollars or other currencies, but lose their gold as a result."

My prediction

I am predicting a major turn within about 1 week.

I think the US$ will start to drop against the EUR.

When this happens I think things are going to look VERY different.

US$ down, Yen up, and gold and silver will be going up up up.

The tanks are full, and the ignition switch is ready to be pressed.

See:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....ost&p=82401

for my detailed explanation.

Of course I could be wrong. But I am starting to get "that feeling".

My prediction

I am predicting a major turn within about 1 week.

I think the US$ will start to drop against the EUR.

When this happens I think things are going to look VERY different.

US$ down, Yen up, and gold and silver will be going up up up.

The tanks are full, and the ignition switch is ready to be pressed.

See:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....ost&p=82401

for my detailed explanation.

Of course I could be wrong. But I am starting to get "that feeling".

Interesting you say that! This very evening I said to my boss (the missus!) something along the lines of "mark my words - something changed today! The dollar has topped out. Oil, silver and gold have started an upswing. People are finally seeing through all the wasted money in the US and UK fiscal stimuli, given the way they are being applied"

Damn glad I doubled up my OILB shares last Friday :-)