• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

The pound is collapsing. It is having an Icelandic renaissance.

parity before the year is out

guess we will be the first of the G20 for our currency to be worth zero

house prices wont fall as we dont have high unemployment as in the 1990's - its a lagging indicator you muppets

people are going to have to go back to paying for things with real savings rather than borrowed money and thats going to be painful for an economy reliant on consumers going further and further into debt

things can only get better, can only get better

Unemployment increases by 137,000

A redundant Welsh worker at the Budelpack factory tells his story

The number of people out of work in the UK rose by 137,000 to 1.86 million in the three months to October - the highest level since 1997.

This took the unemployment rate up to 6% from 5.8% previously, the Office for National Statistics said

People claiming Jobseeker's Allowance in November rose 75,700 to 1.07 million - the largest rise since March 1991.

Several companies have announced big job cuts as the economic downturn begins to hit hard

A good point. Maybe I should bail out of gold when I hit the limit. That'll show them, the devaluing SOBs.

;)

You only pay CGT if you realise the profit in paper terms.

You don't hae to sell it all, do you?

Also, consider if you physically hold the gold and you bought it, then you can claim you gifted it and the perosn who received it (I think) only pay CGT on the price as it was when bought.. There are always ways around liabilities, I'm sure!

Also, consider if you physically hold the gold and you bought it, then you can claim you gifted it and the perosn who received it (I think) only pay CGT on the price as it was when bought.. There are always ways around liabilities, I'm sure!

Or wait until there is brand new gold currency, then no CGT at all, since the amount of gold you own has not increased :lol:

I think you'll get caught with the gifting bit unless you are married or in a civil partnership.

But good point that I don't have to sell it all.

I believe there is also some annual thing called bed and breakfasting that you can do around the 5th April.

Is this just dollar weakness? 'cos when I checked the POG in NZ dollars and Korean won [my purchasing currencies] it hasn't moved. But then oil down. :huh:

Looks like the dollar is on the slide... which should attract more dollars to gold.. which should then lead to higher POG in all currencies.

Whats the story with POG?? Is this just dollar weakness? 'cos when I checked the POG in NZ dollars and Korean won [my purchasing currencies] it hasn't moved.

Looks like the dollar is on the slide... which should attract more dollars.. which should show higher POG in other currencies.

But then oil down. :huh:

Gold is up more than 16 NZD (correct at time of posting)

http://www.goldprice.org/gold-price.html

gold1donzdep8.png

EDIT: Are you looking at a longer timescale?

Anyone know what the CGT situation is with GoldMoney? Assuming we need to declare it on Self-Assessment.

Yes that is the case. I think you are allowed £9200 profit per year, then you pay 20% on anything over that.

gold1donzdep8.png

Cheers for that.

News flash! OPEC has just cut by 4.2 million barrels a day!!!! Wow... talk about overkill.. I think the market was expecting a "massive" 2 million cut.

gold1donzdep8.png

Cheers for that.

News flash! OPEC has just cut by 4.2 million barrels a day!!!! Wow... talk about overkill.. I think the market was expecting a "massive" 2 million cut.