• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I only have a litte, so not sure. Might wait to see how it goes for a few days. Hoping the pound increases over the course of the day after a dip as it has been doing the past few days. Cheers for the help Pixel8r. Any other info/opinions are very welcome.

The best time to buy is around 4.00 pm UK time, which is the UK Gold PM Fix.

Not sure what you mean. It's Sterling that plunges, gold is just doing fine. So, you exchanged something fine for something that is in a freefall and just paper anyway. I wouldn't call this "taking a profit." I would call this "making a financially disastrous decision." Oh,well.

Thanks Goldfinger. Read my earlier contributions on the thread. Obviously I'm kicking myself about taking profits on this occasion so you don't need to add your boot.... I readily admit it was a mistake on this occasion. However I've been galled on recent spikes not to have taken profits and bought back in lower - like Roman's Holiday (I think) who is seeking to trade up his number of ozs. Anyway, at least my core holding is intact at BV where I'm not tempted to trade.

Just my luck, I finally unlock my last significant bits of turdling & gold rockets.

Thxs to you cgnao I'm 60% in gold & happily drinking Chivas rather than Grants, but would you hold off purchasing more right now & wait for a smackdown? -- With euros maybe, but with Sterling I scare easily.

I would wait to see what happens next week.

In the past few days gold has spiked up to record new highs in GBP and EUR. If you look at the history, when it does this it generally undergoes a correction retracing much, if not all, of the rapid new-high spike.

The BV chart says £645 at the mo'. I think a correction to something like £610 is quite likely.

I would would wait and if it corrects you need to decide whether you want to spend all your Sterling in one go or average in over a certain time period.

Using BV you can divide your cash into several lots and set up bids at a series of prices trying to catch any useful downtrend. So, just as an example, if next week it's at £630, one way to catch better prices is to divide your cash into, say, 10 lots and set up a series of bids at, say,

625, 622, 619, 616, 613, 610, 607, 614, 611, 608 (10 lots at 3-pound intervals)

or whatever range you think is likely. In that example if it drops to, say, £613 but no further, and if you finally decide that it is unlikely to go lower you could cancel the unfilled bids and spend the remaining cash.

Or else you could average in over a period of maybe one week to a few weeks.

Just my opinion, of course. My having said this, it probably won't make a good correction now. :unsure:

The only thing we can be certain of is uncertainty. The short term is near on impossible to gauge, but we all know what is going to happen in the medium to long term. I would recommend tossing a coin to decide what to do.

Just my opinion, of course. My having said this, it probably won't make a good correction now. :unsure:

Total morons over there, they are still slagging Cgnao off, those idiots who lost in BTL and are sitting 50% in negative equity, and those in cash earning 1 per cent a year in a currency that has lost almost 50% in 1 year v the dollar. deserve evrything they get, it's the J6P folks I feel sorry for, they don't stand a chance with Cyclops in charge, they will lose everything.

Yep, if Brown likes it or owns it, it's sure to fail. He neither likes nor owns gold - that should tell people everything they need to know about where to invest for the future.