Edit to add, Fook me, just checked my GM account and it is off the scale, well 2k up in about 3 weeks? Crazy.

I thought you liked to keep your details secret? What about GCHQ :blink:

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Congrats! I averaged in on silver at 13'ish +++, maybe 14 cos I bought some at 19, waiting for silver to catch up - however my gold is doing very nicely now, can't complain.

GO GOLD! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit to add, Fook me, just checked my GM account and it is off the scale, well 2k up in about 3 weeks? Crazy.

Your lack of precision (in bold) shows how relaxed you are about this - and rightly so!!!! :)

http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?hl=e...a=N&tab=wv#

Ooh superman where are you now

When everythings gone wrong somehow

The men of steel, the men of power

Are losing control by the hour.

This is the time

This is the place

So we look for the future

But theres not much gold to go round

Tell me why, this is a land of confusion.

Interesting video on this version. Not the original Genesis version that I was listening to on the hifi, that seems so appropriate to where we are in 2009! Originals been removed from utube for copyright reasons

Today's price rise was impressive, and IT HELD its top!

A very good sign!!!

Don't rejoice, you fool.

The international monetary and banking system is blowing up.

Any gold you hold will only be useful if you manage to hold on to it and survive until the dust settles.

I can guarantee the world will look a very different and hostile place then.

Don't rejoice, you fool.

Any gold you hold will only be useful if you manage to hold on to it and survive until the dust settles.

Thanks for bringing us back down to earth.

Darn! I had to keep £5k in reserve for a few months because a friend might have needed help. So it was put to good use but it won't now get me that 250g bar I had my eye on, in fact we Brits can't get a 250g bar without the retailer having to report our purchase to HMG

Don't rejoice, you fool.

Are you a friend of John Titor?

Don't rejoice, you fool.

Aha - cgnao is Mr T

...But please don't get insulting, just because we don't all share your 'completely' doom laden view of the future.

It is a good day when the honest value of gold starts to be realised. And if you are right and there is major disaster ahead, then a rising gold price will mean those of us holding gold will at least be able to exchange it for a fair value of some other asset (even if that has to be food and weapons!!)

I bought one 22nd Jan '08 and it was £3,636.86 back then. It's listed as £5,417.37 on CID just now.

Darn! I had to keep £5k in reserve for a few months because a friend might have needed help. So it was put to good use but it won't now get me that 250g bar I had my eye on, in fact we Brits can't get a 250g bar without the retailer having to report our purchase to HMG

Don't rejoice, you fool.

I know what you mean. It makes me laugh when people talk about their "gains".

There is no doubt in my mind that gold will go much, much higher. The nominal price of gold will possibly go beyond our wildest imaginations anyway. From that perspective, this is a sad day because I can afford less gold at these prices with my present income. FFS, only two years ago I could save double the amount of gold every month.

The gains are more easily reported in terms of collapsing currencies but there is still a significant gain if you want to convert the gold to energy, shelter, food etc or if you want to buy a unit of gold today with a unit of your own labour (compared with protecting yourself last year). I doubt anyone's pay rise matched the rise in gold this year :unsure:

Same here, all we are doing is insulating ourselves and our savings - the gains are just confirmation that our national currency (I am in the UK) and potentially society as we know it may be disappearing down the toilet. I hope it doesn't turn quite as nasty as CG sees it but either way this is not really a champagne event. I'm just so grateful to be on this side of the fence.

£640 per ounce. Nice new record thanks mainly to the pound crashing.

Same in the NZ dollar. In the weaker currencies, POG will hold onto their gains as those currencies continue to depreciate. In the few remaining strong currencies POG will continue to be volatile. Sadly, my family and friends own a weak and weakening currency and from their perspective gold is starting to look awfully expensive. I tell them not to think of gold as expensive but their currency as worth-less.

I don't understand what the problem is, it's a small ray of sunshine in a very dark sky. There's nothing wrong with being happy you made the right decision.

I agree. Every dark cloud has a silver lining. Im happy I made the right decision and glad I listened to the members that were on HPC on the gold thread, cgnao, goldfinger, pluto, narco and others. I thank you guys. Combined with the falls in house prices and gains in GBP gold I've about doubled my str fund, and im confident that theres a long way to go yet.

Talking of Narco, where are you dude? Did you sell your gold m8?

Sorry to stop the music while the party is in full swing guys and gals, but take a look at this 2009 Gold Forcast article by Nadeem Walayat of Market Oracle which was posted yesterday.

http://marketoracle.co.uk/Article8409.html

OK, he got the short term bit very wrong

The MACD indicator has proved accurate so far in gauging gold price trend, current MACD suggests that there is more downside in the immediate future which targets a revisit to $800

But he warns of a high in March followed by a major dip by mid-summer.

The picture being painted by the above analysis is that of gold strength going into March that looks set to see gold break above resistance of $936, to target $960, however this strength will soon evaporate with gold again targeting a decline back below the breakout point to trade back below $850 by mid 2009.

Gold Forecast - March 2009 Targeting 960 high - 80% Confidence; Mid 2009 targeting a $820 Low - 75% Confidence

There is no doubt in my mind that gold will go much, much higher. The nominal price of gold will possibly go beyond our wildest imaginations anyway. From that perspective, this is a sad day because I can afford less gold at these prices with my present income. FFS, only two years ago I could save double the amount of gold every month.

Yer, I'm a bit gutted in this regard. I got £4500 to go in but I was not happy about paying £18,000 a KG, but I wish I had now.