There is no doubt in my mind that gold will go much, much higher. The nominal price of gold will possibly go beyond our wildest imaginations anyway. From that perspective, this is a sad day because I can afford less gold at these prices with my present income. FFS, only two years ago I could save double the amount of gold every month.

This is a bit how I feel. I started buying gold in 2000 (yes, 2000, when the price was dirt cheap). I wish now I'd taken out a massive loan and bought a shed load with it. Would have trebled the money by now.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

But it's the end-of-the-world party! Not good. I have a bad feeling atm.

Same here - I'm glad I've got gold, but the current movements are scary.

This is a bit how I feel. I started buying gold in 2000 (yes, 2000, when the price was dirt cheap). I wish now I'd taken out a massive loan and bought a shed load with it. Would have trebled the money by now.

I also wish I'd bought more in the past, though not with a loan :lol:, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Trying to identify good points to buy more over the coming months is what I'm trying to work out at the moment.

Trying to identify good points to buy more over the coming months is what I'm trying to work out at the moment.

Somehow I doubt you are unique with that one :)

Now which pundit was saying before Xmas that the spring will be poor for gold? - Hands up who wants to take that risk?

Here is some of my analysis for gold using point and figure charts...

3094ftx.jpg

I see gold on a knife edge at the moment - if the ppt are broken then it will keep on going up past $1000.

If the ppt are still functioning then I see them smacking us down with all their might. We should get support around 865 though, any lower than this then the sales will be on for me!

Gold discussion over on HPC

Gold Bashers On Hpc., Why so negative here on HPC?

Not moved instantly from the main forum by the mods, is this a bullish signal for pm?

been following it & posted once on it.

I noticed that it hasn't dissappeared, this to me shows that they now know it is THE investment to hold, BUt can't bring themsleves around to saying it.

cheers Headmelter.

I am going to have a sift through it for old times sake. :D

See if you can find the moment I saw the light, I seem to remember it had a strange effect. ;)

Everyone on the gold thread was partying and I was standing at the back of the chapel like Jake.

Then I saw the light... :P :P

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P1KZKZs-2YM&...feature=related

post-1656-1232830980_thumb.jpg

Gold discussion over on HPC

Gold Bashers On Hpc., Why so negative here on HPC?

Not moved instantly from the main forum by the mods, is this a bullish signal for pm?

I asked the mods to leave it on the main board for a reasonable time to encourage sensible debate.

An interesting thread for gauging sentiment towards gold among the internet intelligentsia. :)

In the UK there is going to come a point where the pound doesn't fall any further against the dollar and there is going to come a point where gold hits it's seasonal peak and moves into the doldrums until August - I think theses points are approaching fast. Anyone buying gold for the first time at this high price could get hit by three factors in the coming weeks:

1) Falling inflation for 2009 as unemployment rockets and consumers cut back leading to falling gold prices generally

2) Strengthening pound in the longterm and a rebound rally in the short term

3) Buying when the seasonal market has peaked

I think the big move will soon be over - look at the chart, nothing goes on like that forever...... I think it will peak soon and then move sideways or down for the rest of the year.

I agree that the gold price spike in Sterling can't go on forever (it would be unnatural). One should not buy in such a period really. Much better to buy on dips or in sideway periods (which we had over many many months). However, this is psychologically difficult for some people.

Regarding the deflation bit, I disagree. I fear a supply shock and price shock at the same time. So, inflation might come back big time. If not, take it as an opportunity and buy gold on the cheap should the price dip substantially, because the fundamentals are in place and it's only a matter of time for them to rule.

An interesting thread for gauging sentiment towards gold among the internet intelligentsia. :)

Stupid boy, it's deflation, cash is king. Trust me, I'm a bank manager!

post-2171-1232850924_thumb.jpg

(Oh, and I'm not intelligentsia. I'm an ex-warehouse worker... So maybe I should shut-up! :lol: )

Stupid boy, it's deflation, cash is king. Trust me, I'm a bank manager!

post-2171-1232850924_thumb.jpg

(Oh, and I'm not intelligentsia. I'm an ex-warehouse worker... So maybe I should shut-up! :lol: )

Errr... cor blimey... read my signature... I see deflation everywhere you silly sod. :P

[btw i was using "intelligentsia" ironically. Did not see the need to "interrogate" it]