• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Not according to "mish"

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Msv6-EFX0Rc

I got a 10% off voucher from paypal to a max of £100, so im going to get a Krugerrand or something. Loads went last night but I muffed up my bidding strategy and got out bid on £710 when others went for £700. :( Theres not much on today either :( Still I got until the 12th feb. I also applied for one of those £119 sovereigns.

Anyone know how to get discount vouchers for ebay?

I want one of those! Free money!

I did get a 15% off voucher from ebay just before Christmas though. I bought 2KG of Silver using it.

Wonder when ebay will wise up?

I want one of those! Free money!

I did get a 15% off voucher from ebay just before Christmas though. I bought 2KG of Silver using it.

Wonder when ebay will wise up?

They doing it to force sellers to use paypal because thats what the buyers want (when they got vouchers) Consequences- increased final price of gold n silver

Great advice by Kappy over at GIM

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread....66&page=629

[Originally Posted by prophet]

.....losing faith in gold stocks

When they get cheap and you're losing faith, sell your shares. When they get more expensive and your confidence returns, buy shares. Keep repeating this cycle over and over. Thanks.

:lol: :lol:

They doing it to force sellers to use paypal because thats what the buyers want (when they got vouchers) Consequences- increased final price of gold n silver

ebay/paypal make about 3-4% on paypal. ebay now also force all normal listings to offer paypal anyway.

Increased prices may be more prevalent now as the 10% discounts seems more widespread (a colleageue at work was talking about receiving the discount today). The discounts may push prices up a bit, but I didn't see this previously when I bought at around the same price as CID was offering (minus £100 discount :D ). The current completed listings don't seem disproportianately higher than the last couple of days.

got physical?

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...S%20&st=cse

AUDIT AFTER GOLD DEALER’S SUICIDE SUGGESTS CUSTOMERS LOST MILLIONS

By ROBERT J. COLE

Published: October 5, 1983

Some $60 million worth of gold, silver and platinum sold to thousands of individuals and then supposedly stored in Rocky Mountain vaults may never have existed, an investigation suggested yesterday.

The possibility emerged in an audit conducted by the accounting firm of Touche Ross & Company in connection with the suicide last Wednesday of Alan David Saxon, 39-year-old chairman of Bullion Reserve of North America, a gold dealer with offices in Los Angeles, Dallas and Hong Kong.

Bullion Reserve has 30,000 to 35,000 customers. If the missing assets cannot be found, most of their investments may be lost.

Vaults Near Salt Lake City

Lawyers for the company said the audit showed that a depository, owned by Perpetual Storage Inc. of Salt Lake City and buried 200 feet in a nearby mountain range, contained only about $900,000 in bullion and coins. Another $140,000 to $150,000 worth of coins were found at Brinks Inc. of Los Angeles, another Bullion Reserve storage center.

The discovery, made over the weekend, prompted Bullion Reserve to file a bankruptcy petition Monday in Los Angeles, seeking court protection from its creditors

I am a little freaked out! I would not consider my self superstitious, but last night, a book which was vertical like all the other books on the shelf fell out of it's position and made a loud bang as it fell to a horizontal position. I have a total of about 10 yards of bookshelf mostly filled with scientific and classical literature. The book that fell out was

"The Pot of Gold" by Plautus (~250 B.C.)

It starts:

In case you don't know who I am, let me briefly introduce myself. I am the guardian spirit of this house - that house from which I have just come. I have been in charge of this house now for a great many years; I have looked after it for the present owner, and his father and his grandfather.. It was the grandfather who put into my care, a long time ago, with great secrecy and with many sacred oaths, a large sum of money. He had buried it.....

That first sentence uttterly blew me away!

OT, I know! (sorry!)

I am a little freaked out! I would not consider my self superstitious, but last night, a book which was vertical like all the other books on the shelf fell out of it's position and made a loud bang as it fell to a horizontal position. I have a total of about 10 yards of bookshelf mostly filled with scientific and classical literature. The book that fell out was

It starts:

In case you don't know who I am, let me briefly introduce myself. I am the guardian spirit of this house - that house from which I have just come. I have been in charge of this house now for a great many years; I have looked after it for the present owner, and his father and his grandfather.. It was the grandfather who put into my care, a long time ago, with great secrecy and with many sacred oaths, a large sum of money. He had buried it.....

OT, I know! (sorry!)

:blink:

with great secrecy and with many sacred oaths, a large sum of money. He had buried it.....

Sounds like there might be a stash buried under your feet that will make your coins look like small change. Thats what would trouble me!

Yes, I can see myself now the crazy guy who collapsed his 100+ year old home digging around underneath for a pot of gold he never found.. crazy old ****!!

Maybe I should buy a metal detector. Always wanted one anyway. Look out everyone!

Yes, I can see myself now the crazy guy who collapsed his 100+ year old home digging around underneath for a pot of gold he never found.. crazy old ****!!

Maybe I should buy a metal detector. Always wanted one anyway. Look out everyone!

As Swampy says, theres no such thing as coincidence, follow the white rabbit.

The problem is that randomness and free will are the same, and people are generally not able to understand this.

In that sense, everything is coincidence and everything is intentional at the same time. As I said, people generally can not grasp this.

Anyway, let's focus on gold.

It's a little early for April Fools isn't it? :P The only way I'll believe you is if you find a stash!

Just out of interest the text you mention below "In case you don't know..." is this the text of the book or is this hand written?

BTW - I had a delivery this morning and the 2009 Britannias are very nice!

It starts:

OT, I know! (sorry!)

It's a little early for April Fools isn't it? :P The only way I'll believe you is if you find a stash!

Just out of interest the text you mention below "In case you don't know..." is this the text of the book or is this hand written?

BTW - I had a delivery this morning and the 2009 Britannias are very nice!

I see that CID have them in stock. Have you got a picture of them or a linky picture?

Anyway, let's focus on gold.

Agreed. If you need some helpers to dig your house up Chris, I'll help and I got some heavy breakers too.

--------------------------------------------------

Dooh, dooh, dooh and dooooooooohhhhh!!!!

I missed a bargain, and I could have got £100 off as well. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=016

UBS raises its gold price forcast to average of $1000 an ounce. http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/8341703

LONDON, Feb 4 (Reuters) - UBS lifted its 2009 average gold price forecast to $1,000 an ounce from a previous price view of $700, citing expected strong safe-haven demand.

The Swiss bank said it expected investment demand for the precious metal to double in 2009 compared to 2007.

It said gold had held its ground early in the year despite its usual drivers -- the dollar, oil prices and inflation -- all moving against it.

"Normally we would have expected this set of circumstances to trigger steep declines in the gold price, but the metal has remained firm in dollar terms and strong in some of the other major currencies," it said.

UBS said it sees safe-haven demand for the metal tailing off next year, but raised its 2010 gold forecast to $900 an ounce from $700.

It also hiked its silver price forecasts, to $14.75 from $8.40 in 2009 and to $12.80 from $8.95 in 2010, saying it expected it to track gold.

UBS raised its 2009 platinum forecast more modestly, to $1,050 in 2009 from $900. For 2010, it left its price view unchanged at $1,100 an ounce.

"We believe safe haven investment demand for gold will drag platinum higher over the next 12 months," it said.

(Reporting by Jan Harvey; Editing by William Hardy)

I have a Goldmoney account but am now baulking at the cost involved of buying digital gold.

Looks like to buy between £6k - £60k worth I have to pay approx 4.2% (fees and spread combined) or approx 3.7% if I pay in Usd.

Typically how much over spot would you pay to buy physical bars?

I have a Goldmoney account but am now baulking at the cost involved of buying digital gold.

Looks like to buy between £6k - £60k worth I have to pay approx 4.2% (fees and spread combined) or approx 3.7% if I pay in Usd.

Typically how much over spot would you pay to buy physical bars?

Coin invest charge £20300 when the spot is £20000. Thats +1.5% spot.