• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Guys - looking at recent price activity of gold and silver, I am incredibly impressed at the resilience shown at these levels, especially since we've seen dollar strengthening and deflation warnings everywhere you turn.

I really start to think we're at a key upward turning (rocket) point in the price of PMs.

Additionally, bond markets and some commentators are now just starting to consider inflation risks again. So if even just a little evidence of further economic weakness appears (e.g., worse than expected earnings reports and bank problems), and/or some evidence for inflation returning becomes apparent in the next few weeks/months, we really could be - right now - on the launchpad for the moon!

....I feel it in me bones!!!

Guys - looking at recent price activity of gold and silver, I am incredibly impressed at the resilience shown at these levels, especially since we've seen dollar strengthening and deflation warnings everywhere you turn.

I really start to think we're at a key upward turning (rocket) point in the price of PMs.

Additionally, bond markets and some commentators are now just starting to consider inflation risks again. So if even just a little evidence of further economic weakness appears (e.g., worse than expected earnings reports and bank problems), and/or some evidence for inflation returning becomes apparent in the next few weeks/months, we really could be - right now - on the launchpad for the moon!

I agree, there is also the moving averages starting to make a golden cross, which is a good sign that things are about to take off.

This guy has a different take on the same view:

Gold is Dead and Neitzsche had Nothing to do with it

if he's wrong I'll be very happy. If not then POG could re-align with the $ - which would make me unhappy (but a buyer nonetheless).

if he's wrong I'll be very happy. If not then POG could re-align with the $ - which would make me unhappy (but a buyer nonetheless).

Reading to the end, his argument is fully predicated on "the dollar may yet spike to new highs!?"

Well

a. I doubt it - the recent spike was all about repattriation of dllars, and that can only happen once

b. even if there is a small further spike upwards, the word 'spike' says it all a spike is a short term, abbarrent jump up followed by a correction back down. I'm a long term holder, waiting for the higher prices that will come in next few years, so a transient spike is irrelevant anyway.

I've been too busy to look at anything this week, but it certainly seems to me like Sterling is rallying based on the falling Euro given they didn't cut the Euro rates. This £ rally will be shortlived IMO, I can't envisage the spot rate falling below £600/t oz now. What was cgnao's prediction, £720/t oz by March? I really wouldn't be surprised.

I guess `not as bad news` is the new `good news`. The markets seem to be clinging to anything that might offer a glimmer of hope by their finger tips.

I guess bad news is good news again in the UK. IR's down and gold down...

Fundamentals will out, the fundamentals with gold are good now and short term trading in the stuff is for idiots or those much cleverer than I could ever be.

I was asked tonight what is my exit strategy with gold - I said you don't sell your insurance policy.

Is that right?

My view. You hold 5 to 10% of your liquid portfolio in gold as insurance. That you never sell.

You then look at the long-term cycles, and increase/decrease the amount of gold on top of that. So for periods you may be in real estate or stocks, at others in cash and gold. Like when the entire financial system is at risk :lol:

What a dumb tltle.

Doesn't he know gold is the economic equivalent of "god"; that there is a reality outside of the bubble worlds we create for ourselves. :rolleyes:

Reading now.

In my view it is quite simple to explain why the US dollar and gold may now no longer be in a direct inverse relation. They are now both competing for safe haven status in a deflationary environment. From this perspective you would expect to see POG to remain volatile and move sideways within a range [perhaps a little higher than the range we have seen]. Perfect trading opportunity imo... with only a smaller percentage of your position mind and obviously with the aim of taking profits in increased ounces.

After graduating from Harvard University in 1989

I'd be embarrassed to put my name to that article. It just confirms you can't be taught common sense.

Been mulling this over a little.. bear with me.

What about a Goldmoney Debit card? Usable in metal or national currencies which goldmoney allows; simply transfers metal (Ag/Au) or cash (from cash balances or metal sales into currency) to the seller from the buyer.

I'd use it, especially if I was abroad - forex people are such parasites. How about others? Maybe easier to use than goldgram payments because you could do it whilst shopping etc. Retailers might catch on?

Could we suggest it to James Turk?

EDITL you could have a GOLD and a SILVER card to debit in goldgrams or silver ounces!! :lol: (PLAT~IN~UM for the real big spenders!)

Been mulling this over a little.. bear with me.

What about a Goldmoney Debit card? Usable in metal or national currencies which goldmoney allows; simply transfers metal (Ag/Au) or cash (from cash balances or metal sales into currency) to the seller from the buyer.

I'd use it, especially if I was abroad - forex people are such parasites. How about others? Maybe easier to use than goldgram payments because you could do it whilst shopping etc. Retailers might catch on?

Could we suggest it to James Turk?

EDITL you could have a GOLD and a SILVER card to debit in goldgrams or silver ounces!! :lol: (PLAT~IN~UM for the real big spenders!)

Of course, it would be the next logical step. But extremely expensive. Also, many people would need a bullion account.

Has anyone heard of an auction website called swoopo? The last 5gm gold(Degussa feingold 999.99) bar sold for £7.21 apparently. There must be a catch, there is always a catch!!!

I think its a reverse auction. Lots of people paid to bid but didnt win. Very addictive.

Welcome to Swoopo, home of some of the most exciting auctions on the internet. Our auctions work a little bit differently - once you’ve got the hang of them, we think you’ll love them.

There’s a few key things that are different from other auctions you might have used online:

Bidding on our auctions starts at just 10p, with no reserve prices.

The price only goes up by 10p with each bid placed.

If a bid gets placed in the final moments, we extend the auction by up to 20 seconds.

We charge 50p for each bid placed, even if it’s not a winning bid. (Doing this allows us to offer the winners such great deals)

More gold positive news

LONDON (Reuters) - Gold prices are set to jump towards $1,000 an ounce and probably beyond to new records as droves of investors fearing financial instability and surging inflation pile into the precious metal.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/businessNews...lBrandChannel=0

i dont like reading these articles in the mainstream

- not yet anyway