I see the HPCmuppets are trying to suppress gold chit chat - again - but they can't.

They claim a few internet posters on their house price bull discussions, as they are all bulls in bears clothing really, are ramping up the price of a world wide commodity like gold on their site.

Delusional.

These muppets will be piling into the housing market and catching the falling knife as one might say, then regretting the day they silenced the only voices of reason that were around them.

The thread was 'moved' after 6 hours. An hour after it was 'moved' I still couldn't find it.

FTR 75% of voters in the poll voted for increased tolerance towards gold threads on the main forum.

Mods no doubt will ignore that which is a pity as there are some very good posters there with alternative points of view.

Speaking of alternative pov, where did magpie go?

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

The thread was 'moved' after 6 hours. An hour after it was 'moved' I still couldn't find it.

FTR 75% of voters in the poll voted for increased tolerance towards gold threads on the main forum.

Mods no doubt will ignore that which is a pity as there are some very good posters there with alternative points of view.

Speaking of alternative pov, where did magpie go?

To be fair to the mods, the poll is biased against people wanting to vote ‘NO’ because the second question does not allow a ‘NO’ option

There are so many new Gold threads appearing on HPC, which one of you is trying to wind them up?

I think its newer members not knowing about the previous gold thread disputes and taking an interest in gold now that things are getting more worrying. Also, since the main discussion has been changed to house prices and the economy, why cant gold be discussed there? Its clearly part of the economy. Some say its just an investment but then some say that about houses.

I think its newer members not knowing about the previous gold thread disputes and taking an interest in gold now that things are getting more worrying. Also, since the main discussion has been changed to house prices and the economy, why cant gold be discussed there? Its clearly part of the economy. Some say its just an investment but then some say that about houses.

I agree, a non threatening re-introduction of gold threads on the main board is healthy imo.

Not me guv. :mellow:

I have just rfecieved a pm from you on hpc.

I assume it's you :rolleyes:

do you still need the hpc gold thread link ? I ask as I am sitting downstairs & this will involve me going upstairs onto my other lappy, as it's on my favs on that one...... :D

edited - god, I need to get out today & get some work done, & off this fooken lappy. :unsure: :unsure:

Gold is short too...

From January 6 to February 3, the three banks added 27,367 contracts or 34% to their net short positioning as gold rose $37.09 or 4.3% from $864.16 to $901.25. That is about an 8:1 ratio, meaning the banks strongly expect lower gold prices.

http://www.stockhouse.com/Columnists/2009/...-silver--Got-Go

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$GOL...&a=59967262

Whereas Reuters reports:

U.S. bank Morgan Stanley (MS.N: Quote, Profile, Research) raised its 2009 gold price forecast

http://uk.reuters.com/article/marketsNewsU...L45819820090121

HPC should be closed down IMO.

I know what you mean. If it wasn't for the reasonably sane Edinburgh board I wouldn't even bother.

The main forum is pretty depressing.

If I wanted to watch hundreds of people obstinantly shout ill-informed opinions at each other with their fingers in their ears, I'd watch Prime Ministers Questions...

I have just rfecieved a pm from you on hpc.

I assume it's you :rolleyes:

do you still need the hpc gold thread link ? I ask as I am sitting downstairs & this will involve me going upstairs onto my other lappy, as it's on my favs on that one...... :D

edited - god, I need to get out today & get some work done, & off this fooken lappy. :unsure: :unsure:

HPC is a website for property suckers in the UK. Nearly everyone that posts there wants house price inflation - it just has a higher proportion of those that missed out on the increase in prices the during the early 2000s. In the end they will be the first to jump in when they perceive prices are going up again and they will be hit the most. Whenever I hear the term "dream" house it makes me want to puke. People who dream of houses are insane and need therapy.

HPC is a website for property suckers in the UK. Nearly everyone that posts there wants house price inflation - it just has a higher proportion of those that missed out on the increase in prices the during the early 2000s. In the end they will be the first to jump in when they perceive prices are going up again and they will be hit the most. Whenever I hear the term "dream" house it makes me want to puke. People who dream of houses are insane and need therapy.

They are mostly people who feel angry for missing out. Sad really.

They are mostly people who feel angry for missing out. Sad really.

Yes, and they will be the ones who will be punished the most. Because of their pining for property and waiting it out they will endure the full wrath of the house price crash, as they will be catching the falling knife. I have news for them the crash in the UK has not started yet.

On topic, gold's not too shabby this morning, it must be all the billions TRILLIONS they are going to print.

Yes, and they will be the ones who will be punished the most. Because of their pining for property and waiting it out they will endure the full wrath of the house price crash, as they will be catching the falling knife. I have news for them the crash in the UK has not started yet.

On topic, gold's not too shabby this morning, it must be all the billions TRILLIONS they are going to print.

$942 isn't bad at all.