• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

HPC should be closed down IMO.

:lol:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...0&start=780

+2

I have not read any of this thread, but this is a good post.

Sibley should be de trollified, FP should be issued appologies where necessary and the GOLD thread should be reinstated and Goldfinger and CGNAO should be sent emails begging for their return.

I have just rfecieved a pm from you on hpc.

I assume it's you :rolleyes:

do you still need the hpc gold thread link ? I ask as I am sitting downstairs & this will involve me going upstairs onto my other lappy, as it's on my favs on that one...... :D

edited - god, I need to get out today & get some work done, & off this fooken lappy. :unsure: :unsure:

'Twas me.

Thanks I found it. It was actually the poll I started yesterday I was looking for. The Mods moved it and put it in a forlorn sub forum headed 'About housepricecrash.co.uk'. It just took me a while to find it.

If Gold breaks the top of this ascending triangle and shoots up, I'll join you..

EDIT and just then , the IMF says no change to plans to sell 400 Tonnes of gold.. hmm.. what excellent timing.

http://www.mineweb.net/mineweb/view/minewe...8&sn=Detail

I thought they did NOT need to sell their gold. You trying to upset my party? :P

They are lying anyway, cried wolf too many times.

:lol:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...0&start=780

Sibley should be de trollified, FP should be issued appologies where necessary and the GOLD thread should be reinstated and Goldfinger and CGNAO should be sent emails begging for their return.

I might post on a reinstated gold thread on housepricemuppets.co.uk if there was a guarantee of no censorship. The first thing I would do is tell people to have a look at GEI every now and then. :lol:

Seriously, this BS game played by the IMF p***es me off. Reminding the world you're going to sell 400Tonnes of gold you don't have in most-likely private sale to China JUST at the 6 1/2 month high (to the second, practically... !)

PRECIOUS-Gold rises to 6-1/2 mth high on investment demand

11 Feb 2009 - 20:55

* Bullion reaches highest level since July 2008

* U.S. bank rescue plan disappoints

* SPDR ETF holdings rise to fresh record

(Recasts, updates with quotes, closing prices, adds NEW YORK to dateline)

By Frank Tang and Jan Harvey NEW YORK/LONDON, Feb 11 (Reuters) - Gold jumped 3 percent to a 6-1/2 month high on Wednesday as risk aversion prompted investors to buy gold and bullion-backed exchange-traded funds as a safe haven.

Caesar Bryan, portfolio manager of the $350-million GAMCO Gold Fund, said the rally was a "catch-up" move from the previous session when disappointing investors sold stocks after the U.S. government unveiled a massive U.S. bank rescue plan.

"There has been a step-up in investment demand as evidenced by the GLD," said Bryan, referring to the world's largest gold ETF SPDR Gold Trust , which has since the beginning of the year jumped about 115 tonnes to 895 tonnes as of Feb. 10.

Spot gold was at $939.75 an ounce at 3:15 p.m. EST (2015 GMT), up 2.8 percent from the last trade $914.15 late on Tuesday.

Spot bullion prices pushed through tough resistance at just above $930, spiking to a peak of $953.30 in ultra thin volume after the London trading session ended.

U.S. gold for April delivery settled up $30.30, or 3.3 percent, at $944.50 an ounce on the COMEX division of the New York Mercantile Exchange.

"There was a lot of disappointment behind the package, either because the measures weren't concrete enough or because they thought they hadn't tackled the root cause of the problem," said BNP Paribas analyst Michael Widmer.

"A lot of investors reassessed the risk in the market, and as risk aversion increased, it helped prices." The United States on Tuesday rolled out a revamped bank rescue plan that may cost more than $2 trillion. Stocks slid by the most in two months after the plan was unveiled, while gold climbed 2 percent as investors sought safety. [iD:nLB416912]

CMC Markets strategist Ashraf Laidi said doubts about the U.S. plan to shore up banks and the economy had led to fears of an escalation of debt issuance.

"This combination of further debt escalation with a lack of any economic result is further fortifying gold's ascent," he said.

In official gold sector news, the International Monetary Fund said it does not intend to alter plans to sell just over 400 tonnes of gold to fund changes to its financing base

Hey all, Ive got a few questions regarding holding PM's.

If there was going to be confiscation of PM's as in the 1930's and you held pm's in the UK.

What would be your options ? How would confiscation be administered ?

http://www.fgmr.com/confiscation.htm

After the confiscation announcement, only 3.9 million ounces of gold coin - approximately 21.9% of the gold coin then in circulation - were turned in. Subsequently, the government no longer reported this statistic as it assumed, according to Friedman and Schwartz, that these gold coins were "lost, destroyed, exported without record, or…in numismatic collections". After analyzing in some detail each possibility noted in the government's contention that ostensibly explained why all these gold coins remained outstanding after the confiscation, Friedman and Schwartz go on to say: "We therefore concluded that in Jan. 1934 the bulk of the [13.9 million ounces] was retained illegally in private hands."

A 7min video about people panning for gold to survive in Zimbabwe. 0.1 gram for a loaf of bread.

Zimbabwe - gold for bread

MDC activist Sam Chakaipa returns to his village in rural Zimbabwe to find his friends and neighbours starving to death, reduced to panning gold powder from the rivers to exchange for food at an exorbitant rate

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2009...starvation-food

(From a GHPC thread)

Hey all, Ive got a few questions regarding holding PM's.

If there was going to be confiscation of PM's as in the 1930's and you held pm's in the UK.

What would be your options ? How would confiscation be administered ?

There would not be a confiscation. In the worst case, there would be a forced sale to government at current prices, in which case you would buy a tangible asset (like a house, silver or oil) if inflation was not under control by the time.

I do not think it will happen. I think one day a little bit of these trillions will be used by the central banks to buy gold. The price will double, and then double again, and they have reached two goals: their gold assets are revalued at realistic levels so that they are not bankrupt anymore, and they have more of those assets because of their purchase.

I do not think it will happen. I think one day a little bit of these trillions will be used by the central banks to buy gold. The price will double, and then double again, and they have reached two goals: their gold assets are revalued at realistic levels so that they are not bankrupt anymore, and they have more of those assets because of their purchase.

I definitely think gold is going to figure somewhere in a solution. Personally, I had the idea that gold would be reliquished by debtors nations and its price revalued upwards - as a way to deal with sovereign debt.

There would not be a confiscation. In the worst case, there would be a forced sale to government at current prices, in which case you would buy a tangible asset (like a house, silver or oil) if inflation was not under control by the time.

Yes, I agree. There might be forced sale if there was return to gold standard and the government wanted to gold and everyone was stashing it. But would you be interested in holding gold if we were back on gold standard?

EDIT and just then , the IMF says no change to plans to sell 400 Tonnes of gold.. hmm.. what excellent timing.

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showpost.ph...postcount=25338

GATA: So are you going to sell your Gold then?

IMF: No.

GATA: Why not?

IMF: We don't need to because we can lend to these broke nations.

GATA: But weren't you going to sell it because you were short of funds?

IMF: No, we are not, and have never been short of funds.

GATA: Well why were you going to sell it then?

IMF: Because Gold is a useless relic of a bygone age.

GATA: Then why not sell it now?

IMF: Because we need it as a financial insurance.

GATA: So why were you going to sell it last year during the crisis?

IMF: No, were were never going to sell our Gold.

GATA: OK then... So how much do you have anyway?

IMF: Oh, about 400 tons.

GATA: Can we see it?

GATA: Can we then at least see some proof you actually have this Gold?

GATA: Why not?

IMF: It's a secret.

GATA: What's a secret?

IMF: Not telling.