To all UK GEI members - have your lunch infront of the computer screen today - $1000 is coming very soon.

Gold better blast through $1000 decisively, or else we got a massive double-top in $US with a huge negative divergence on our hands.. That will be one hell of a party invite to all the gold shorters lurking in the background.. Still, whatever gets me more gold cheaper with my fiat paper can only be a good thing in the long run! ;)

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Gold doesn't look bearish to me. Gold setting off to take out $1000 for the weekend?

I feel like I did march 08 - checking the pog every 30 seconds 986.10

Although by now I should know better 985.80

And the $£ rate has such a big effect on how much gold is worth to me 986.30 £689.72

I am not going to look - oh i pressed refresh again 991.10 woosh!

Slow day at work 990.50 -

OK that is it assault on $1000 cancelled for today - 990.10.

I going for lunch soon so I will stop torturing myself - 988.58

Its just i think i would be more joyful if I knew it was over $1000 - 988.40

Right off to lunch - 990.20, will someone with some money just buy some more right now please!

I feel like I did march 08 - checking the pog every 30 seconds 986.10

Although by now I should know better 985.80

And the $£ rate has such a big effect on how much gold is worth to me 986.30 £689.72

I am not going to look - oh i pressed refresh again 991.10 woosh!

Slow day at work 990.50 -

OK that is it assault on $1000 cancelled for today - 990.10.

I going for lunch soon so I will stop torturing myself - 988.58

Its just i think i would be more joyful if I knew it was over $1000 - 988.40

Right off to lunch - 990.20, will someone with some money just buy some more right now please!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

991.60 :P

Times like this ive been relying on the widget from Kitco, (kcast) that sits in your system tray, bottom right hand corner and updates with the latest price,

Although its pretty distracting to have on the whole time, especially last autumn. :angry:

Popcorn ready, sitting back enjoying lunch.

Anyone care to imagine how much this will be costing those who have gone short gold.

992.70 :P

What time do the american markets open again? I forget.

I think the US stock markters open 9:30 - EST which is 2:30pm in good old blighty

But I think the New York Nymex gold starts at 1:30pm?

You thinking that if it doesn't get to $1000 by the US opening it will not happen?

EDIT: From the nymex web site http://www.nymex.com/GC_spec.aspx

Comex Gold

Trading Hours (All times are New York time)

Open outcry trading is conducted from 8:20 AM until 1:30 PM.

Electronic trading is conducted via the CME Globex® trading platform from 6:00 PM Sundays through 5:15 PM Fridays, Eastern Time, with a 45-minute break each day between 5:15 PM and 6:00 PM.

from http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2009/02/20...5/a-gold-watch/

A gold watch

Posted by Paul Murphy on Feb 20 12:45.

We’ve got this new widget that allows us to embed charts that update dynamically. And what better excuse to try it out than the prospect on Friday that the price of gold might tick back up through $1000?

Gold did in fact hit £1,002 in March last year, before retracing its steps to $710, but the latest conglomeration of bad news has encouraged fans of the yellow metal to make all sorts of predicts on the upside…

Prices from Reuters, via Wall Street On Demand, typically delayed by 15 mins.

This entry was posted by Paul Murphy on Friday, February 20th, 2009 at 12:45 and is filed under Commodities. Tagged with gold.

from http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2009/02/20...5/a-gold-watch/

A gold watch

Posted by Paul Murphy on Feb 20 12:45.

We’ve got this new widget that allows us to embed charts that update dynamically. And what better excuse to try it out than the prospect on Friday that the price of gold might tick back up through $1000?

Gold did in fact hit £1,002 in March last year, before retracing its steps to $710, but the latest conglomeration of bad news has encouraged fans of the yellow metal to make all sorts of predicts on the upside…

Prices from Reuters, via Wall Street On Demand, typically delayed by 15 mins.

This entry was posted by Paul Murphy on Friday, February 20th, 2009 at 12:45 and is filed under Commodities. Tagged with gold.

If only...

Not too shabby.

The last days of sub 1000 are here.

The naysayers that claim gold is in a bubble have no clue and are freeking doomed.

The only bubble I can see with my canine eyes is fiat money being created left right and center, while claims on that fiat, goods and services, being evaporated.

PS I have a lit a candle for SAAB. It was always junk.

I think the US stock markters open 9:30 - EST which is 2:30pm in good old blighty

But I think the New York Nymex gold starts at 1:30pm?

You thinking that if it doesn't get to $1000 by the US opening it will not happen?

EDIT: From the nymex web site http://www.nymex.com/GC_spec.aspx

Comex Gold

Trading Hours (All times are New York time)

Open outcry trading is conducted from 8:20 AM until 1:30 PM.

Electronic trading is conducted via the CME Globex® trading platform from 6:00 PM Sundays through 5:15 PM Fridays, Eastern Time, with a 45-minute break each day between 5:15 PM and 6:00 PM.

Thankyou dst for that comprehensive answer. No I'm not thinkinking that. I don't see anything but apalling news day after day and am gobsmacked at the lagg in POG to be honest. I can't deny I am not anticipating anything other than a rocket surge in the upward direction! But when - I just know.

Will it be the smackdown ??? :unsure::unsure:

Whatever they do can't hide the fact they are now printing more money than people can count.

Most people don't even know how many zeros a trillion has. We are all freeking doomed- some more doomed than others.

Another smackdown is another buying opp.

Will it be the smackdown ??? :unsure::unsure:

Doubt it. If they could've smacked it, they would have done so long before we got so close to a grand, methinks. Having said that, there could be a few sell stops out there given the psychological figure and after what happened last March.