• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I guess that's what happens when you print lots of money.

Fed pumps $1.2tn into US economy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7951493.stm

Will any of this limitless printing be used to suppress gold?

That is what is always nagging at the back of my mind, I have never disputed the role gold should play and bought into that a while ago (although not earlier enough to accumulate at the lows).

If you haven't, I highly recommend this book:

GuideToInvestinginGoldandSilverByMi.jpg

As Mike Maloney says on page 48:

Yes, gold did what it has always done. In a move that saw it rise more than 24x (2,328%) from its Bretton Woods price of $34/oz, it revalued itself and accounted for all the paper dollars that had been printed since the last time it revalued itself, in Jan of 1934.

He lists all the times in history when this has occurred.

Yes, gold did what it has always done. In a move that saw it rise more than 24x (2,328%) from its Bretton Woods price of $34/oz, it revalued itself and accounted for all the paper dollars that had been printed since the last time it revalued itself, in Jan of 1934.

is that what jim sinclair did in the 70's and predicted $900 (nearly got there)

when Done now it is above $10,000 (moving target given the FED)

Thanks I'll check it out. The manipulation has really spooked me in the past and I guess once bitten twice shy. As stated I am completely in the gold camp as being the only real currency but we are in uncharted territory and the spike in the 80's was clearly a learning point for those in charge. I am still of the view they will have one more attempt to knock it down, well I was today and when it fell below 900 I thought it was happening then bam. Now looks like it could go either way, and if it was not for the threat of a smack down (A lot less evident since the Election passed!) my bet of course would be up.

Edited

Anyone know the best place to buy this, I usually use the book depository and they don't stock it.

Thanks I'll check it out. The manipulation has really spooked me in the past and I guess once bitten twice shy. As stated I am completely in the gold camp as being the only real currency but we are in uncharted territory and the spike in the 80's was clearly a learning point for those in charge. I am still of the view they will have one more attempt to knock it down, well I was today and when it fell below 900 I thought it was happening then bam. Now looks like it could go either way, and if it was not for the threat of a smack down (A lot less evident since the Election passed!) my bet of course would be up.

Edited

Anyone know the best place to buy this, I usually use the book depository and they don't stock it.

not used them though

http://aphrohead.com/Product.aspx?pid=16202330

and

http://www.amazon.com/Rich-Dads-Advisors-I...l/dp/0446510998

Edited

Tesco have it for something like £9 !!!!

I checked the other day for a friend in the UK.

is that what jim sinclair did in the 70's and predicted $900 (nearly got there)

when Done now it is above $10,000 (moving target given the FED)

There appear to be many different methods, Jim did it on US debt.

IMO it doesn't matter too much which way you do it, you still get a big number, and there is always likely to be a manic phase at the end with a spike and drop back.

The other one to get if you can, is "The Future of Money" by Bernard Lietaer. You'll have to go to the library.

I'm promoting this white paper everywhere I can:

White Paper on All the Options for Managing a Systemic Bank Crisis by Bernard Lietaer

Center for Sustainable Resources, University of California at Berkeley

http://www.lietaer.com/images/White_Paper_...rises_final.pdf

It is a MUST READ.

Hopefully lots of people attempting to trade gold today will have learned a valuable lesson.

Some will have been wiped out.

I dont understand what you are trying to say here, you need both buyers and sellers to make a market.

Wiped out?

Mish:

Bretton Woods II is on its last legs and cannot possibly survive. The only thing we do not know is the timeframe. The global monetary system could collapse next month, next year, or central bankers might manage to keep it together for another five years.

Meanwhile the Grand Experiment Continues. And as central bankers worldwide continue their coordinated competitive currency debasement silliness, one beneficiary is likely to be gold.

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com...-continues.html

Grrrrrrrr, checked POG this afternoon and thought great we are well on our way to my buy target of $850, then BAMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the way back up to $930 :angry:

Not really changed much in £ terms tho, still around that £652 mark ( missed the £638 fix this morning tho ) :unsure:

So where is the price going to settle now that the news is out there ?????? Are we going to see a Gold sell off tomorrow as eveyone jumps back into stock ??????

Come on Cartel, when are the summer dips going to start :lol:

From the "Dash" link, just below the Logo:

==========

"Possible low in Gold on 3-18 near Gold-$380 - but I am still a skeptic."

My GLD chart worked pretty well in identifying a possible low yesterday,

but I was too busy to trade on it

bign.gif

As Tom Obrien said, there was heavy volume on the new low in GLD, so

"we are going back down there."

I think this was a news driven jump, in a market that has not yet fully corrected.

There's a good chance it will drift back down IMO. Especially if stocks stay strong

and attract money away from precious metals.

Reinflating the housing bubble, are we? 'SLEEPLESS' NIGHTS IN BEIJING?

The meat of the Fed’s statement follows with emphasis added:

“In these circumstances, the Federal Reserve will employ all available tools to promote economic recovery and to preserve price stability. The Committee will maintain the target range for the federal funds rate at 0 to 1/4 percent and anticipates that economic conditions are likely to warrant exceptionally low levels of the federal funds rate for an extended period. To provide greater support to mortgage lending and housing markets, the Committee decided today to increase the size of the Federal Reserve’s balance sheet further by purchasing up to an additional $750 billion of agency mortgage-backed securities, bringing its total purchases of these securities to up to $1.25 trillion this year, and to increase its purchases of agency debt this year by up to $100 billion to a total of up to $200 billion. Moreover, to help improve conditions in private credit markets, the Committee decided to purchase up to $300 billion of longer-term Treasury securities over the next six months. The Federal Reserve has launched the Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility to facilitate the extension of credit to households and small businesses and anticipates that the range of eligible collateral for this facility is likely to be expanded to include other financial assets.”

I guess that's what happens when you print lots of money.

Fed pumps $1.2tn into US economy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7951493.stm

Will any of this limitless printing be used to suppress gold?

That is what is always nagging at the back of my mind, I have never disputed the role gold should play and bought into that a while ago (although not earlier enough to accumulate at the lows).

To quote the article: 'The Fed said it would employ "all available tools" to promote economic recovery.'

I had imagined that all the available tools had already been employed by the Fed! There are obviously more tools in the world than I had imagined... :lol:

From the "Dash" link, just below the Logo:

==========

"Possible low in Gold on 3-18 near Gold-$380 - but I am still a skeptic."

I they much hope not :lol:

I picked that book up in the Spring 2008 and found it enlightening and deeply informative in explaining key concepts like the history of fiat currencies, the John Law printing factory, fractional reserve banking, American indebtedness and his list of possible scenarios to play out.

Definately a good read.

To quote the article: 'The Fed said it would employ "all available tools" to promote economic recovery.'

I had imagined that all the available tools had already been employed by the Fed! There are obviously more tools in the world than I had imagined... :lol:

the fed employs the "Tools"

and that is the problem