I see coininvestdirect are shifting some of their spreads again. :angry:

Eagles back over £700 even tho paper price is down. At one point this afternoon, random date eagles where more expensive than 2009.

It might work out cheaper to go ATS or Bairds in person.

Another thing I have noticed, in the past couple of years whenever ATS sends out a newsletter ( which is hardly ever more than once every 6 months ), guaranteed the price will drop a few days later. They must have a good feeling on where the market is going :unsure:

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

At one point this afternoon, random date eagles where more expensive than 2009.

I noticed that last week and was surprised. I think it was the other way around before (2009 more expensive).

Silver Britannias are now not listed on the website.

I just received my first (and probably last) 1 kg silver coin. A silver Koala: what a big coin! It'll make a nice paperweight.

I say last because of the premium.

? On CID they were the cheapest option when I bought recently (cheaper than any other 1oz coin or a 1kg bar).

Yes, but I prefer to buy at GM which is much cheaper for investment purposes.

I have a selection of different silver coins just because they are nice to look at. Sometimes I wonder whether aesthetically I prefer some of the silver coins over gold coins!

But interesting that the 1 kg coin is cheaper than a 1 kg bar.

The 1 kg coin is pretty thick. With that much silver you could make a decent sized plate or dish.

I think we've already hit the tradeable bounce at $874 (just above the 200dma). I missed the trade and won't enter now, if we break through $870 gold could be in a lot of trouble and I don't see much support below. I also can't help but feel we're going to see one of those monster 'fishing lines' at some point.

Sentiment is not good - and at the moment sentiment is everything.

$864 - ouch. This looks like it could keep going - damn G20 spinnerz.

? On CID they were the cheapest option when I bought recently (cheaper than any other 1oz coin or a 1kg bar).

They are the cheapest, but over £700 for an eagle is 20% over spot. That's pretty hard to justify when the gold price is this high.

add to the list above:

resistance turned to support from may 08

Can someone explain the technicalities why the gold and silver prices on KITCO drop sharply at the same time? The two markets are independent arn't they?

I can see a confluence of support at 845 give or take 5 or so from a purely technical perspective.

previous resistance (Nov 07 & Aug 08)

50% fib retracement (Oct 08 low > Feb 09 high)

200 sma support

Guess we will find out soon enough... :)

Yea i'd go with that. I have buy orders in at 845. This could take a run up to 927-933 (23.6) of the same move after that but also the 61.8 of the most recent move down from 965. i have sells in at 914 (50%) This might correspond to a pullback in the indices too, but they are closed for 3 days over the next week so i'm not expecting much fireworks though

...not really :unsure:

I'm looking at the forex market, which can't so easily be 'painted' as gold and silver.

IMO the EURUS$ is a good indicator of sentiment. Going down.

I did this a few days ago. It's the NZ$JPY, but illustrates my thinking on timing & direction. Down means JPY, US$, Gold, Silver up, GBP/EUR/NZ$ down.

I allowed for a turn within a few days, and another much later. Then projected down to give date ranges for the next peak in JPY and Gold & Silver.

NZJPY_daily_090405b.gif

So my best guess it that gold just bottomed, and the next peak with be on June 8th. Not sure of the time to the second :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is just another one of those low moments that makes me doubt my stash, but from experience... I have had this feeling a few times

only to see gold price rocket. Perhaps I should buy a few more ounces while at this price.

Deep down, I can feel gold is a very good choice, at least for my surplus cash, but I get a bit sea sick riding these volatile waves.

I just found out a friend sold part of his precious, he was gold bug/hoarder... bigger gold bug than I and he started buying in bulk back when gold was dirt cheap... a long time ago, although back then I had no spare cash to dip my toe in the pool. His gains are huger than I thought, and I don't blame him for selling some, he is able to buy a very nice property mortgage free now. Without gold, he would not have made such a gain! Blimey. I guess part of the reason he is selling, is because he is afraid of gold price peaking right now.

Can someone explain the technicalities why the gold and silver prices on KITCO drop sharply at the same time? The two markets are independent arn't they?

Good question. My guess is that:

- both are similarly susceptible to dollar fluctuation

- both have a very similar market sentiment at a given point in time

Happy to learn from others with a fuller answer......

2years-1-1.gif

We could perhaps see a third "bowl" here [i like to think of them as grins]. Connecting the previous bowls into a "superbowl" we could see gold go a bit lower. Good news is the superbowl will be on the upside once this low is reached.

interesting. i don't know quite why, but i find that graph compelling. looks like 750 ish will be a fantastic entry point, if this pattern plays out.

interesting. i don't know quite why, but i find that graph compelling. looks like 750 ish will be a fantastic entry point, if this pattern plays out.

Why 750 ish?

Looks like a reverse head and shoulders to me, with the rhs hitting a low at 845 (also a fib retracement).

2years-1-1.gif

We could perhaps see a third "bowl" here [i like to think of them as grins]. Connecting the previous bowls into a "superbowl" we could see gold go a bit lower. Good news is the superbowl will be on the upside once this low is reached.

If the right-hand bowl completes a fairly symmetrical, inverted head-and-shoulders formation (we already have one shoulder, the head and part of the second shoulder), might the bottom of that third bowl be at about USD 850 like the first shoulder?

If so we would not be far from the bottom now.

I'm hoping for an even stronger correction for me to buy into.

This is just another one of those low moments that makes me doubt my stash, but from experience... I have had this feeling a few times

only to see gold price rocket. Perhaps I should buy a few more ounces while at this price.

Deep down, I can feel gold is a very good choice, at least for my surplus cash, but I get a bit sea sick riding these volatile waves.

I prefer to think that owning gold has revealed to me the volatile value of fiat currency, especially these days.

An ounce of gold is now worth the same as it ever was!

Why 750 ish?

Looks like a reverse head and shoulders to me, with the rhs hitting a low at 845 (also a fib retracement).

maybe i'm a wally - but i still see it from the pattern displayed as being 750ish i.e. the next basin of the mini bowl within the greater bowl*

but - i bought some sovs there the other day anyway B)

*GOMs gonna fry me for that sentence B)

If the right-hand bowl completes a fairly symmetrical, inverted head-and-shoulders formation (we already have one shoulder, the head and part of the second shoulder), might the bottom of that third bowl be at about USD 850 like the first shoulder?

If so we would not be far from the bottom now.

I'm hoping for an even stronger correction for me to buy into.

Good point. Perhaps, a good place to start buying. Depends of course on your own personal risk analysis and risk appetite, that is, how much of your worth is already in gold and how much is sill exposed to economic meltdown. :) I am in no great rush to buy as am already pretty much bunkered down.