• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I sold all my gold at $948 and my silver at $13.22. Am I crazy? No, I made a superb profit, partly due to the collapse of the pound and I need to buy a house however... I'm going to get back into silver if it goes much lower because I think silver represents significant value and has huge potential as a long term hold (10 years +), much better than gold IMO.

As a side point I think we may be near the end of this correction phase in the PMs as I think Martin Armstrong's turn date will co-incide with a turn down in the EMs, turn up in the PMs

Watching isn't quite so tense now though, it's more for fun!

As a side point I was thinking about buying Palladium last November, boy do I wish I'd gone ahead with that!

With the full knowledge that it's arbitrary, I have been thinking that I'd start to buy more silver when it dropped below £8.

You have your £8 silver right now!

I wasn't sure whether it would get down that far. I wonder how low this correction will go. I've been waiting on further correction.

The gold price in euros keeps coming back to 666. :ph34r:

Anyone noticed that 1 oz Brits's are sold out ?

Is there any advantage / disadvantage price wise, in buying the new 1 oz Britannia's when they arrive ?

I assume you're talking about CoinInvestDirect.

I emailed them last month asking when they would get more Britannias. She said they expect the next delivery in late April. But she said that they had 5 one-ounce Britannias although not listed on the website. I bought one. You could could email or phone them to ask.

If you are in the UK Britannias and sovereigns have the advantage that they are not subject to capital gains tax.

Britannias are not the cheapest at CID. I think the cheapest one-ouncers are the Nuggets.

Yep, just bought some! :)

Still have dry powder just in case... ;)

Same here. I've bought a couple of small installments in the last week, but I'm holding back with most of the cash hoping to get further corrections this spring and summer.

I assume you're talking about CoinInvestDirect.

I emailed them last month asking when they would get more Britannias. She said they expect the next delivery in late April. But she said that they had 5 one-ounce Britannias although not listed on the website. I bought one. You could could email or phone them to ask.

If you are in the UK Britannias and sovereigns have the advantage that they are not subject to capital gains tax.

Britannias are not the cheapest at CID. I think the cheapest one-ouncers are the Nuggets.

Yep, sorry was talking about CID. May email them soon.

I intended to purchase some due to capital gains tax.. but also wondered how this tax was implemented on non uk bullion (Sorry havent seen this discussed anywhere).

Any difference in goldmoney holdings between Zurich and London? What do people plump for?

I was checking out their site, as I will be opeing my account this weekend. They have 11380 accounts with 600 or so billion dollars of gold/silver/currency in. Works out about 50 thousand dollars per account.

Dear Customer,

Once again we would like to draw your attention to a special offer on our website http://www.coininvestdirect.com

[www.coininvestdirect.com].

As of 9am, Saturday morning, 18.4.2009, we will be offering a 1/4oz gold coin at a very attractive fixed price! As on previous offers we reserved a certain quantity for this special. Therefore, better be an "early bird"!

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Just a observation but is the last 3 weeks

ATS Bullion sent out a news letter regarding Brits being in stock and you better hurry before they are all gone.

Goldline has dropped its premiums

And today CID sends out a special offer email on 1/4 oz's

We are entering the " Sell in May and go away " time of the year.

Spot has been trending down for a little while.

It looks to me like these guys are trying to thin the stock a bit at the current slightly higher price before the summers lull starts.

Just a observation but is the last 3 weeks

ATS Bullion sent out a news letter regarding Brits being in stock and you better hurry before they are all gone.

Goldline has dropped its premiums

And today CID sends out a special offer email on 1/4 oz's

We are entering the " Sell in May and go away " time of the year.

Spot has been trending down for a little while.

It looks to me like these guys are trying to thin the stock a bit at the current slightly higher price before the summers lull starts.

Good observation. Or could it just be that the market is becoming more competitive?

***WARNING*** to all CID users

they've added extra features (dashboard etc.) that shows account activity, ID info etc.

just got a call from a bloke I dont know from adam who says he's got all MY account info on his login !! WTF?!!

Sounds like they've fucked up big style, I wonder who else has got all my details??????

are they open Saturdays?, I need to kick some ass :angry:

The feature comes in quite handy. But if they really screwed up your account you should get at least 1oz silver for free! :)

lol, I'm holding out for at least 10 ounces if we're talking compensation. Just written a stinking email, will await their response. At least the guy had the decency to phone me up and let me know, just hope he was the only one.... :unsure:

Any difference in goldmoney holdings between Zurich and London? What do people plump for?

I was checking out their site, as I will be opeing my account this weekend. They have 11380 accounts with 600 or so billion dollars of gold/silver/currency in. Works out about 50 thousand dollars per account.

The last I saw they cost exactly the same. I prefer Zurich.

I think you meant to write 600 million dollars?

I haven't bought gold at all this year, but I'm looking at this dip and am thinking of a small speculative punt on some miners again. It's not the time of year for it and a stocks sell-off will probably clobber it.... but...

I was looking at This

Looking at it tonight I can see is that it had roughly a 2.5% spread today (it's thinly traded). But I could probably just about live with that.

ETF's arent my normal style but it seems a good way of getting exposure to some of the large producers. Most of them look like unhedged HUI constituents.

Someone tell me the catch.

Went for London and gold. :(

Probably no point in changing over for now. Will get my silver in Zurich for sure. Just waiting for dips below 8 pounds.

Holding in London might be considered a plus side if you wanted to collect from their vault. (obviously easier if live in UK) That option might appeal if concerned over collapse of internet service or you could fly to Zurich.

You would have to hold 1000oz to get a LBMA bar which makes Ag a more likely candidate than Au.(unless you are very wealthy) You would, of course, have to pay VAT on Ag by taking delivery in UK.

You can, I believe, switch between vaults at a cost. I have held Ag and Au in both London and Zurich on basis of above to spread risk and peace of mind.

***WARNING*** to all CID users

they've added extra features (dashboard etc.) that shows account activity, ID info etc.

just got a call from a bloke I dont know from adam who says he's got all MY account info on his login !! WTF?!!

Sounds like they've fucked up big style, I wonder who else has got all my details??????

are they open Saturdays?, I need to kick some ass :angry:

Jeez, that is scary. I have just deleted my address from their site. Let me/us know if there is a resolution to this: I will have to suspend dealings until there is an explanation and a fix.

Shame: the sales are ON :)

Jeez, that is scary. I have just deleted my address from their site. Let me/us know if there is a resolution to this: I will have to suspend dealings until there is an explanation and a fix.

Shame: the sales are ON :)

Its a bit dodgy having a list of all the stuff I bought and my address. They got a special offer on tommorow for a 1/4 oz gold coin. Might even be nearer spot!

Not really that special...

Panda 1/4 Ounce, different years / ver. Jgg. (SPECIAL)

Weight: 7.78 Gramm

Purity: 999 / 1000

Buy Price: £146.27

SELL NETTO PRICE: £151.16

SELL BRUTTO PRICE (incl. VAT): £151.16

Limit for this item is 3 items per user per 48 hours