Jeez, that is scary. I have just deleted my address from their site. Let me/us know if there is a resolution to this: I will have to suspend dealings until there is an explanation and a fix.

Shame: the sales are ON :)

following my panicked email, got a call from one of their directors at 9pm last night telling me they were investigating and will let me know how it happened....in the meantime, they've pulled the on-screen proof of ID / address facility for everyone.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Not really that special...

Panda 1/4 Ounce, different years / ver. Jgg. (SPECIAL)

Weight: 7.78 Gramm

Purity: 999 / 1000

Buy Price: £146.27

SELL NETTO PRICE: £151.16

SELL BRUTTO PRICE (incl. VAT): £151.16

Limit for this item is 3 items per user per 48 hours

Rather dissappointing I was hoping for a Brits BOGOF. :rolleyes:

following my panicked email, got a call from one of their directors at 9pm last night telling me they were investigating and will let me know how it happened....in the meantime, they've pulled the on-screen proof of ID / address facility for everyone.

Good that they took more or less immediate action (with a few hourse delay, of course). :rolleyes:

Holding in London might be considered a plus side if you wanted to collect from their vault. (obviously easier if live in UK) That option might appeal if concerned over collapse of internet service or you could fly to Zurich.

You would have to hold 1000oz to get a LBMA bar which makes Ag a more likely candidate than Au.(unless you are very wealthy) You would, of course, have to pay VAT on Ag by taking delivery in UK.

You can, I believe, switch between vaults at a cost. I have held Ag and Au in both London and Zurich on basis of above to spread risk and peace of mind.

Re. GM and taking possession...

Gold - Can take possession of gold LBMA bars (@400oz) from either Zurich or London VIAMAT vaults after arrangement with GM.

Silver - You can only take a minimum possession of a pallet of bars (30x@1000oz LBMA) from Zurich. You can arrange a representative of GM to meet you there(?) and pick up smaller amounts from the London vault - but at quite a large fee which would be significant if just wanting a few bars. 30+ bars and would be no rep' fee.

Delivery by secure courier can be arranged via GM - expensive. ($250 refundable fee on request - so they don't faff about doing admin for people just thinking about it) Restrictions on delivery address.

VAT on silver will be charged relative to country you collect in.

This info from last year - might have changed. They had to figure some of it out due to my questioning them about it all.

Good that they took more or less immediate action (with a few hourse delay, of course). :rolleyes:

well I can still see my order history and address (even after I asked for history to be removed). Whilst I accept the possibility of someone else getting access is low (it happened to SotT!), it is somewhat of a black-swan if it were to happen.

I am not using them till they delete my order history. Call me paranoid.

:(

Not really that special...

Panda 1/4 Ounce, different years / ver. Jgg. (SPECIAL)

Weight: 7.78 Gramm

Purity: 999 / 1000

Buy Price: £146.27

SELL NETTO PRICE: £151.16

SELL BRUTTO PRICE (incl. VAT): £151.16

Limit for this item is 3 items per user per 48 hours

They are below spot price for gold. £145.42 a 1/4 or £581.68 an ounce. Not the easiest to sell due to worries about Chinese fakes, but Im going to get 3 and some silver Philliwhatevers....

It seems that I should hurry making up my mind. :lol:

You used to be indecisive but now not so sure? After all that silver you just splashed out on how can you justify those quete little teddy coins in pure gold? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Buy them for the Mrs Goldfinger and you cant go wrong!

Was watching Bloomberg Thu evening and saw this report with Brian Hicks of US Global speaking with Matt (talking head) Miller about gold, gold stocks and inflation:

Link to article - video link broken!

The conversation went:

Matt (to Brian) - "are you not concerned that governments, organisations like the IMF tend to manipulate the price of gold?"

and then again later.....

Matt - "the government does and has manipulated the price of gold"

I had to rewind several times to make sure my ears weren't playing tricks!!

U.S. Global's Hicks Recommends Gold, Mining Stocks

Shame the video link is broken, check back and they may fix it, or don't they want us to see that bit!! :lol:

SafeBetter

You used to be indecisive but now not so sure? After all that silver you just splashed out on how can you justify those quete little teddy coins in pure gold? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Buy them for the Mrs Goldfinger and you cant go wrong!

:) I spent all this month's spare cash already (not just on PMs, but I even got some gold too). But this offer IS good: below spot and for no good reason turdling seems sturdy as well.

Have... to... resist... :lol:

well I can still see my order history and address (even after I asked for history to be removed). Whilst I accept the possibility of someone else getting access is low (it happened to SotT!), it is somewhat of a black-swan if it were to happen.

I am not using them till they delete my order history. Call me paranoid.

:(

I've also asked them to delete all my transaction history. They've just phoned again to say their IT have been through all accounts and mine was the only error (hmmmm?)

Shame really as I was happy with their service until yesterday.

I've also asked them to delete all my transaction history. They've just phoned again to say their IT have been through all accounts and mine was the only error (hmmmm?)

Shame really as I was happy with their service until yesterday.

Thanks for getting them to address the problem. Let us know if you get any more news.

I was a bit worried last night but left my account alone.

:) I spent all this month's spare cash already (not just on PMs, but I even got some gold too). But this offer IS good: below spot and for no good reason turdling seems sturdy as well.

Have... to... resist... :lol:

Looks like they are sold out now.

also ordered 3 - couldn't resist really at such a good price - lets hope gold stops falling!

If you have shipping costs on top is this such a good deal?

But I suppose getting a fractional for below spot is pretty good. I generally avoid fractionals because of the higher premiums per ounce.

If you have shipping costs on top is this such a good deal?

But I suppose getting a fractional for below spot is pretty good. I generally avoid fractionals because of the higher premiums per ounce.

its only £12 shipping, only an extra £4 on top of the price for each coin - i think thats pretty good considering they are pandas, which usually have a higher premium than most coins, and they are fractionals, which also usually command a high premium - and they look nice!

of course if the price of gold continues to drop it may not seem like a good deal but hey, you pays your money you takes your chance.

its only £12 shipping, only an extra £4 on top of the price for each coin - i think thats pretty good considering they are pandas, which usually have a higher premium than most coins, and they are fractionals, which also usually command a high premium - and they look nice!

of course if the price of gold continues to drop it may not seem like a good deal but hey, you pays your money you takes your chance.

I added to the order and that reduced the P&P to £7. Where ever you buy theres always P&P unless the order is over £2200ish. You may be right that prices will fall further next week but thats the chance you take. I'd be suprised if you could get a 1/4 OZ for less than £145.

A heads-up on the Northwest Territorial Mint

http://www.atg.wa.gov/pressrelease.aspx?id=18988

Hmm... that's over a year old, and the state eventually settled in Northwest Territorial Mint's favor.

There's a story about it on Coin Link...

As part of the agreement, Northwest Territorial Mint agreed to clarify the language of its web site to more clearly state its delivery policies — policies that remain substantially unchanged from those which have been in place since the company went into business in 1984.

Assistant Attorney General Paula Selis said that “this Consent Decree should not reflect adversely on Defendant’s business practices.” (Page 2, lines 17&18 of the Decree).

What they tell you when you call them now is that if they don't ship by the date they promise is that they'll offer to buy you out at the current buy price (which could mean a profit in dollars even if you haven't yet received your silver), or they'll give you the choice of continuing to wait.

For crying out loud, they've been around since 1984. I don't think they're going anywhere. In fact, I think I just read where they're continuing to hire people to meet the demand.

In any event, I've never had anything I order not arrive.

Hi All. Just got back to my 'puta after being away for the last week, and wanted to post some ramblings...

Whilst away, I had no idea what had happened to the price, and imagined anything from USD 850 - 940. Having now found it to be in the lower half of this range, and from the chart pattern plus sentiment, I suspect we'll see a big drop next week or two - down to USD 800. Over next few months, I even suspect we may see USD 700 (or even lower).

Longer term however (several years), I have never been more sure that we've got inflation and stagnation in the pipeline. I don't think there will be a new global reserve currency, or gold backing for any currency, until the dollar basically starts to collapse - perhaps 10 years from now. The world will refuse to accept the USA is bankrupt until they are forced to accept this reality by very painful economic evidence (inflationary based, and more disruptive than anything we've seen these last 2 years). Only then will the failure of fiat currencies be evident in the price of gold.

So after selling up at start of March, I'm now quite happy to sit back, save some new fiat, and wait for the chance to buy back in to the market in 3-6 months time.

Looks like they are sold out now.

Yepp. Darn it. And this now that I just found some cash in the matress. :rolleyes:

So after selling up at start of March, I'm now quite happy to sit back, save some new fiat, and wait for the chance to buy back in to the market in 3-6 months time.

Could work, or could not. If Iran or Pakistan finally blow up, all bets are off.

...So after selling up at start of March, I'm now quite happy to sit back, save some new fiat, and wait for the chance to buy back in to the market in 3-6 months time.

Could work, or could not. If Iran or Pakistan finally blow up, all bets are off.

Agreed - black swans could occur, but...

- If I do get in dirt cheap it will work wonderfully

- If I don't get a chance to get in at all, I've already doubled my significant original investment, so I'll not be shedding any tears

If I were still holding, and didn't need the money, I'd probably just sit tight and be pi55ed off if/while the fall to USD 700 occurs, and happy as Larry as it rises again during the next decade. Unlike stocks, it will not fall to zero!