• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Accidentally bought a sleuth of `panda` bears from CID. Oops.

How many is a sleuth?

What do you think about the pandas? I like them as a coin and if china is set to become more powerful in time, then could they become more desirable? In the past, anything with made in china on it would be considered crap. The thing I worry about the pandas, is the fear of other buyers that they are fakes when I come to sell them. Krugerrands are the most sellable on ebay along with brittanias, which are rarer.

I have some silver pandas, 1/4 gold pandas and I'm after some ounce gold pandas.

Just a few... :)

I generally stick to British legal tender to avoid CGT, but I buy the odd coin or two I like. I don't worry too much about fake coins, to get it perfectly correct in terms of aesthetics and weight is quite difficult and the margin would be low, thus not cost effective.

The problem is pandas are so pretty. I have to say, if you like pandas buy a 1/t oz US buffalo they are equally as nice, much nicer than a 1/t oz dollar.

How many is a sleuth?

What do you think about the pandas? I like them as a coin and if china is set to become more powerful in time, then could they become more desirable? In the past, anything with made in china on it would be considered crap. The thing I worry about the pandas, is the fear of other buyers that they are fakes when I come to sell them. Krugerrands are the most sellable on ebay along with brittanias, which are rarer.

I have some silver pandas, 1/4 gold pandas and I'm after some ounce gold pandas.

don't mess with the mighty

That would be the OAP Quo.

This is the mighty Quo

Mustn't forget Alan Lancaster. Quo were so much better in the 1970s but Im glad they are still strumming.

One for the banks. Roll over (the trillions) Lay Down (the tax payer)

I used to listen to SQ when I was 12 (just a few years ago!) I still think "Pictures of Matchstick Men" is as quality track, a small nod to the The Small Faces and the 303. Sorry a wee bit off topic!

I saw them at Milton keynes in about 1985 on their farewell tour. The cover to 12 gold bars II is a photo from the gig. I was only 14 and traveled up from Worthing by myself on the train and slept rough. I like thier old stuff best, but I'm more MOR nowadays.

What's the general feeling on direction over the next 3-4 weeks? My gut feel was that we'd see an aggressive climb this week, particularly in GBP, but the £ just seems to be getting stronger at the moment.

I think the general short term trend will be to fall to $850. If no support there, then we could fall further to $750 by July. These are the fibonacci support levels that I have used.

Of course, as a gold bull I only want it to go up, but I don't think we will see $1000 gold until April 2010. I hope I'm wrong but that is what my tea leaves say...

n2zm36.jpg

I would never trade my gold on this though. I see this as an opportunity to save up for the October sales!

WTF !!!!!!!! 227 kilo's :o:o Not sure if I believe this story :lol:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20090430/tod-n...-b-f62056d.html

NY jeweler steals gold bullion -- bit by bit

Talk about lining your purse...Reports Thursday said that for six years a woman used a purse with a false bottom to steal tiny amounts of gold from the New York jewelry manufacturer where she was a vault manager. By the time she was caught, reported the Daily News and New York Post, she'd amassed 500 pounds (227 kilos), equivalent to almost 31 gold bars.

She needed a suitcase and a couple dozen buckets to return the loot to her employers, the newspapers reported.

The woman, aged 50, faces 25 years in prison if convicted, the Post said.

Gold looking bullish even though pulling back to $850 as volume is light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7WX63tWRnI

I'm still bullish on gold for the months ahead and am interested to see if gold has a push to 890-900 this afternoon.

I still think the world banking system is in a 'right state' and believe that confidence in the financial system will continue to deteriorate. Therefore, I think this year may be untypical of normal years and lack (or at least see less of ) a doldrums period.

I can also see more and more QE occuring in the UK, as no-one is going to but all these government bonds at current return rates, and the emergence of high UK inflation as a consequence.

Brace yourselves for...

Not quite the way Cgnao would put it :)

(& he would mean the opposite of course).

Now why didn't I sell all of it like you bigT, instead of half.

A foot in both camps does not feel good, even though it is supposed to be the safe route

Brace yourselves for...

...phew!

I was suspecting there'd be a 2nd day of US smackdown, as the US markets openned.

If gold keeps refusing to go below the 880s these next several weeks I'll start to, maybe, think its not going to 750

You still think golds going down from here? I have a gut feeling it will unless there is some news that panics the market. You bought a house yet?

No - but been looking. People are still asking for prices they would ahve got 1-2 years ago. Reality will have to dawn on them in time, so I think we've got another years of price falls (at least) ...so not rushing into buying.

Not quite the way Cgnao would put it :)

(& he would mean the opposite of course).

Now why didn't I sell all of it like you bigT, instead of half.

A foot in both camps does not feel good, even though it is supposed to be the safe route

I miss ziggy. Does anyone know where he is?

No - but been looking. People are still asking for prices they would ahve got 1-2 years ago. Reality will have to dawn on them in time, so I think we've got another years of price falls (at least) ...so not rushing into buying.

Where you looking Bit bit T?

Just been talking to a woman who now lives in Oz but is back in the UK to sell her house and get free medical treatment. She complained about the stress of selling her house, which she doesn't want or use and is paid for. She is 61.

"Have you not had any offers?"

"Yes, buy a hundred grand under what it really worth, well, was a couple of years ago. I mean where am I going to make up that hundred grand at my age?"

Pause.....

"I thought you said it was paid for and you live in Oz?"

"Yes."

"Well how much have you got it up for?"

"479"

Longer pause!.......

Doctor again: "Look, you don't come from a rich family, isn't 379 grand to spend at 61 more than you could have hoped for in your wildest dreams when you first got married?"

" Yes but it's not fair. They have to get the housing market going again. If it's not sold by November I'm renting it out. Sod it"

Nick

Just been talking to a woman who now lives in Oz but is back in the UK to sell her house and get free medical treatment. She complained about the stress of selling her house, which she doesn't want or use and is paid for. She is 61.

"Yes, buy a hundred grand under what it really worth, well, was a couple of years ago. I mean where am I going to make up that hundred grand at my age?"

Pause.....

"Yes."

"479"

Longer pause!.......

Doctor again: "Look, you don't come from a rich family, isn't 379 grand to spend at 61 more than you could have hoped for in your wildest dreams when you first got married?"

" Yes but it's not fair. They have to get the housing market going again. If it's not sold by November I'm renting it out. Sod it"

Nick

I'll rent it off her-for£500 a month. Sod it....

Pause.....

"Yes."

"479"

Longer pause!.......

Nick

Isn't 61 a bit young to start going senile?

Pause.....

"Yes."

"479"

Longer pause!.......

Nick

LOL :-)

Sad thing is, this is EXACTLY how people are approaching their house sales