Makes me wonder...

What are the best search terms? I can put them into GEI's keywords

"Gold thread" "Gold chat" ...? what else?

Gold investment discussion, i think lots of people will " google gold investments over the next couple of years, that should put you at the top of the search engine.

goldie

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Just came back from a party. People start approaching me more and more chatting about collapsing banks, house prices and the rise of gold.

The message is getting out more and more. Today was very interesting for me, because I observed such a high interest in these topics from people who seemed to be a little more passive before.

Just came back from a party. People start approaching me more and more chatting about collapsing banks, house prices and the rise of gold.

The message is getting out more and more. Today was very interesting for me, because I observed such a high interest in these topics from people who seemed to be a little more passive before.

Great day for a party, i hope you endeared them all with the rise of gold. :lol:

It's funny about people talking about the collapse of banks/house prices, about September a guy i know was wanting to buy a council flat in a sh*thole of an estate at about 145k( estates agents call them apartments here)and i started ranting about the coming recession,and banks collapsing, and that houses will fall 50% or more over the next few years and i got the feeling he thought i was a doom merchant, i wonder did he take that advice i give him??

Most people i talk to know it is going to be bad, but a few property investors i talked to reckon it will be ok after this summer,

it was like talking to John Nadler Kitco's gold analyst that gold was going to the moon, no point :lol:

There is really only one GEI,

but the way you enter this website can make a difference

You may have trouble logging in or registering, if you enter through:

www.GlobalEdgeInvestors.com

Try entering, and signing in through:

http://www.GreenEnergyInvestors.com

YOU MAY FIND that works better

It seems the Times has jumped on the bandwagon trying to predict which bank is gonna to go kapput next. It won't be long before the masses start to demand their lolly back so they can hide it under their mattress.

Greenspan was right, there is only one safe haven, and this is Gold.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle3556815.ece

Yesterday, traders began to look anxiously at the robustness of Lehman Brothers, which, although bigger than Bear, is small compared with JPMorgan Chase, Morgan Stanley and Citigroup.

I would have thought all this bailing out Bear Sterns via JP Morgan and brokered by the fed etc ,and bush going on tv today as well as the nervous looking Bernake ,really gold should have went up a lot further up like $1050 at the very least. :lol:

This is warning to all those domiciled in the UK or have UK financial interests. Those with heart conditions please sit down before opening link as news like this could cause you to go into pulmonary arrest.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtm...5/cnbear315.xml

British lenders such as Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Bingley are already struggling with high funding costs and the knock-on effect from Bear could lead to further liquidity problems, analysts said. A&L has already put the cost of the credit crunch on its funding at £150m. Mark Thomas, an analyst at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, said: "Clearly international banks are not happy lending to each other and this event will crystallise that caution. Liquidity will get worse." Liquidity problems caused the crisis at Northern Rock, but analysts stopped short of suggesting Bear's problems would lead to a repeat.

The DOW is moving into a very dangerous zone IMO.

i think i get it: a key support level has been broken.

but can you say more?

Before the credit crunch I would search the internet looking for bad financial news to support my gold position - articles were few. Today I find myself searching the internet for some positive article to counter all the bad financial news - articles are non-existent. We're about the enter another phase of the credit crunch. This is the phase when folk start the question everything they are told from the media and government. Today CNBC reported that the CPI figures had dropped - every reporter on CNBC wanted to know where the fed did their grocery shopping and filled up their cars with petrol. The lies and spin are ridiculed by everyone. This is a new phase.

Most people i talk to know it is going to be bad, but a few property investors i talked to reckon it will be ok after this summer,

it was like talking to John Nadler Kitco's gold analyst that gold was going to the moon, no point :lol:

They are complacent fools

OK, as a celebration of this day, a little montage for you.

I hope you like it.

And a big thank you to DrBubb for having us all here.

GoldUS_080315_1000_celeb.gif

Comrades In Golden Arms (CIGA) - May we travel safely and happily together.

Brilliance!

(The MOST IRONIC POST ever, from a GHPC thread ):

QUOTE (Time to raise the rents. @ Mar 15 2008, 12:20 AM)

Ah yes, the luxury of having been right means time and money to do as one pleases.

On the other hand, the pain of having been wrong means endless toil to repay ones mistakes. I personally don't know how you bears find the time to post so relentlessly, like the undead - standing firm at all costs. Oh yes, it's because half the time is stolen from your employers......

UNQUOTE

LOL

This could be one of the most ironic posts ever- on this -the most ironic thread for it:

TITLE : "Now gold is hit hard : Don't panic DrBubb..."

- And the above TTRTR items was posted just as Gold surpassed $1,000 !!

Very well done, TTTTK!! (Time To Toss The Keys)

You are "fiddling while Rome burns'. Better get out and sell those massively

overvalued properties before they slide even further towards their real values

Talking about Rome Jim Puplava (financialsense.com) is studying the Roman Empire and it's demise I have a feeling he will be pulling out some similarities to the dolllar and present time over the next few weeks.

i think i get it: a key support level has been broken.

but can you say more?

Yes, that's basically what I think. Just my opinion, but I think what was major support for a while (12,000) will now turn into major resistance. But for that to be confirmed, I would like to see a more pronounced move below 12,000, say, to 11,500, a level you have mentioned before. After that, I would expect people to sell into anything close to 12,000.

Talking about Rome Jim Puplava (financialsense.com) is studying the Roman Empire and it's demise I have a feeling he will be pulling out some similarities to the dolllar and present time over the next few weeks.

haha.

Okay, maybe I should have said: TTRTR is "fiddling while Home burns"

What are the best search terms? I can put them into GEI's keywords

"Gold thread" "Gold chat" ...? what else?

Gold investment discussion, i think lots of people will " google gold investments over the next couple of years,

that should put you at the top of the search engine.

goldie

"gold freewheeling" has GEI as the top link now/

But I will try re-titling this thread as you have suggested

Is a margin of £25 on a Krugerrand when selling a good price - normal? This place - dealer - in B'ham is buying for that - £25 below spot.

Probably about right .......5% of 493 afternoon fix = £24.65

You can shop around but you always have to weigh up the cost of travelling to find a better deal.

You could sell on ebay for spot+ but take into account your ebay/paypal costs if you go down that route.

Is a margin of £25 on a Krugerrand when selling a good price - normal? This place - dealer - in B'ham is buying for that - £25 below spot.

Coininvest have the following prices quoted

Krugerrand 1 Ounce 2008 31.10 Gramm BUY £497.62 SELL £524.43

I dont know how you actually go about selling to them tho and this price is also for a 2008 coin and not random year.

Are the journo's at the Dominion Post (national newspaper in NZ) reading the Gold Thread?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominionpost/4440072a6479.html

The economy is being hit by a perfect storm that will probably blow it into recession, the Bank of New Zealand warns.

"We are becoming increasingly convinced that the New Zealand economy is heading for recession," BNZ economist Stephen Toplis says. "In fact, it may already be there."