I thought they buy their physical through exchanges and take delivery? So if they use Comex, they can't be sure they get the real stuff?

GoldMoney uses the London Bullion Market in Europe (?)

I'm not sure what they do for their US customers.

Edit after post below

We buy gold and silver in the London and Zurich markets and we are daily replenishing this inventory, which we resell to our customers. All bars we purchase meet the standards of the London Bullion Market Association. There is no minimum or maximum transaction for our customers.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I thought they buy their physical through exchanges and take delivery? So if they use Comex, they can't be sure they get the real stuff?

Goldmoney buy physical bullion from the spot markets. The article posted refers specifically to the FUTURES market.

Good news people!

Gold has "arrived" and is finally going mainstream. Have been listening to CNBC tonight and every break they are running an ad for "thegoldbug.com". Gold is finally respectable. :rolleyes:

Expect the general public to become more aware of gold as an investment vehicle and institutional investors starting to move in. This would have to build for a year or two before we see the beginning of any manic phase.

http://thegoldbug.com/

New GoldStock-beta website !

I have just finished a Beta version mock-up of the new GS website

xxxh.gif

Please have a look :: http://goldstock.co.uk/gsnew.htm

I have included loads of charts that should be interesting to many GEI posters.

COMMENTS are most welcome please

Good work!

It’s nice to have all that info on one page.

Have to say I’m impressed with the effort you put into your online presence!

xxxh.gif

xxxh.gif

thats a lot of useful info there Drbubb, its gonna take me a while to look through it and figure out what it all means! :)

Beta- GS-site : http://tinyurl.com/goldstock

thats a lot of useful info there Drbubb, its gonna take me a while to look through it and figure out what it all means! :)

Concentrate on the charts - You can get a quick overview in a glance or two what's happening around the Markets.

I will probably change the stock charts at the bottom and am looking for suggestions of which stock charts to cover.

Right now, I track all the Gold etfs, and that's not necessary, since they all key off

The Major Gold regional etfs: GLD, GBS.L, and HK:2840

Beta- GS-site : http://tinyurl.com/goldstock

Concentrate on the charts - You can get a quick overview in a glance or two what's happening around the Markets.

I will probably change the stock charts at the bottom and am looking for suggestions of which stock charts to cover.

Right now, I track all the Gold etfs, and that's not necessary, since they all key off

The Major Gold regional etfs: GLD, GBS.L, and HK:2840

First time I have looked - looks OK

A nice chart of Gold & Silver in GBP would be appreciated - is never that easy to find these for some reason

+ I note on the website you have a Forums link and the following mentioned:

Kitco : G'Pot : F'Sense

I generally think of forums as discussion forums like www.greenenergyinvestors.com (missing) from the link - didnt know F'Sense had a forum ? (link doesnt work anyway)

Something here smells bad to me..

CME to run OTC London gold forward clearing service

15 Jul 2009 - 21:59

NEW YORK, July 15 (Reuters) - CME Group Inc said it

will offer clearing services for over-the-counter (OTC) London

gold forwards, as the largest U.S. commodities exchange aimed

at expanding its gold trading operation.

The clearing services will start on Aug. 23 for trade date

of Aug. 24, Chicago-based CME Group said in a statement dated

Tuesday.

CME said that the new service was a direct response to

customers' need to manage counterparty credit exposure.

The company said the contracts will be made available for

clearing on COMEX through the CME ClearPort platform.

In June, CME Chief Executive Craig Donohue told Reuters in

an interview that the company had a lot of potential to foray

into gold trading business in the London market.

While London's over-the-counter spot bullion market still

has the highest market share in terms of global gold trading,

COMEX futures have been gaining importance as a benchmark among

bullion traders in Asia. COMEX volume has been picking up since

it went 24 hours in late 2006.

Oh damn, I have other things to do, and that looks like a must read :rolleyes:

I've read only the first 15 pages but it seems like a good overview. However, nothing really new to those here who follow gold closely. Plenty of up-to-date charts and histograms. Probably a good overview for those new to gold.

It shows how gold is generally in the long-term not correlated with other asset classes or even GDP, so it performs very well as a hedge against other asset classes.

Long-term bullish. They anticipate USD 2300 gold in today's dollars (using the 1980 peak, inflation adjusted) in the coming years.

I noticed that their discussion of gold in deflations considered only the Great Depression. Gold has a much longer track record of performing well in deflations and many who have not studied gold seriously are unaware of that important historical fact.

As I like to say, gold is a hard currency, the hardest of currencies. So it's no surprise that it performs well in deflationary periods.

Good to have all this in one place - just a few comments (these aren't meant to be criticisms!)

- The fixed width design, although giving you control over how the page lays out, requires scrolling left/right (and I'm using a relatively high resolution setting)

- The screen is incredibly busy

- As mentioned, Gold/Silver in GBP would be great. Is it a lot of effort to have a duplicate page will all prices in sterling (or have a drop down menu at the top for common currencies on key charts)?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKLNE56F01...ndChannel=11595

Gold to shine as dollar ails

LONDON (Reuters) - Gold prices are set for solid gains this year and next, with the $1,000 mark in sight, as potential inflationary concerns and a softer dollar outlook prompt analysts to ramp up forecasts, a Reuters survey showed.

The poll of 48 analysts and traders showed that expectations for gold prices this year have risen 7.8 percent to a median $930 from $862.50 in a similar survey carried out in January, when fears over the economic outlook were at their height.

I haven't seen this posted:

itulip's Eric Janszen gets a bit upset with a gold bashing article:

Long, but worthy read IMO.

Link

Catching a gold basher

It’s as if the writers of these articles intend to make gold out to be a terrible investment so that investors will be inclined to buy more of the financial products that the Wall Street Journal sells for Wall Street—stocks, bonds, and real estate. Let’s set the record straight.

One is “lured” into buying gold while real estate, stock, and bond purchases result only from a rigorous and unbiased education in personal finance by a disinterested financial media. If you believe that, then you may also buy the notion that gold “disappoints” while stocks reward, even though as an asset class stocks have consistently disappointed investors since 1998.

Jim Willie makes me nervous.......again

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article12088.html

I'd go 99% gold rather than the 33% gold, dollar, euro, but there is no mention of all that paper gold & its distortion capability.

Why is that I wonder?? :rolleyes:

Jim Willie makes me nervous.......again

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article12088.html

I'd go 99% gold rather than the 33% gold, dollar, euro, but there is no mention of all that paper gold & its distortion capability.

Why is that I wonder?? :rolleyes:

A credit contraction and continued deflation will, perhaps perversely, strengthen the dollar in the short/medium term. Though I prefer to think of it as a cruel justice as a debtor nation is made to feel the squeeze.

Willie's rants read like the sermons of a moralist; the US dollar ought [bangs the table] to become worthless. This is not going to happen anytime soon.