• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Checkout the video this guy just posted on the 2009 Philly :o

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread....2148&page=5

The real specs should be 2.0mm thick, 37.00 mm diametre, weight 31.1030

This coin comes in at 36.96mm diametre, 1.68mm thick and 31.10 weight

Could you tell the difference without measuring it ??

It might still all be a wind up, but still very interesting

Im pleasantly suprised how well gold is holding up durring these summer months. I have been away for some time due to moving house and I lost my internet connection, so I have not been able to keep up with things. I hope everyone is OK.

Hello :D

I don't get much time to post these days.

Also my internet reception is a bit iffy from behind this US bond fallout shelter :lol:

$USD : 78.96 today... Wen Jiabao going NUTS ?

Oh my God! :blink:

------------------------------------------------------

China to deploy foreign reserves

By Jamil Anderlini in Beijing

Published: July 21 2009 19:09

Beijing will use its foreign exchange reserves, the largest in the world, to support and accelerate overseas expansion and acquisitions by Chinese companies, Wen Jiabao, the country’s premier, said in comments published on Tuesday.

“We should hasten the implementation of our ‘going out’ strategy and combine the utilisation of foreign exchange reserves with the ‘going out’ of our enterprises,” he told Chinese diplomats late on Monday.

The “going out” strategy is a slogan for encouraging investment and acquisitions abroad, particularly by big state-owned industrial groups such as PetroChina, Chinalco, China Telecom and Bank of China.

Qu Hongbin, chief China economist at HSBC, said: “This is the first time we have heard an official articulation of this policy ... to directly support corporations to buy offshore assets.”

China’s outbound non-financial direct investment rose to $40.7bn last year from just $143m in 2002.

Mr Wen did not elaborate on how much of the $2,132bn of reserves would be channelled to Chinese enterprises but Mr Qu said this was part of a strategy to reduce its reliance on the US dollar as a reserve currency.

“This is reserve diversification in a broader sense. Instead of accumulating foreign exchange reserves and short-term financial assets, the government wants the nation to accumulate more long-term corporate real assets.”

State-owned groups, particularly in the oil and natural resources sectors, have stepped up their hunt for overseas companies and assets on sale because of the global crisis.

China Investment Corp, the $200bn sovereign wealth fund, has been buying stakes in overseas resources companies and has taken a 1.1 per cent stake in Diageo, the British distiller.

In an interview published in state-controlled media, the chairman of China Development Bank said Chinese outbound investment would accelerate but should focus on resource-rich developing economies.

“Everyone is saying we should go to the western markets to scoop up [underpriced assets],” said Chen Yuan. “I think we should not go to America’s Wall Street, but should look more to places with natural and energy resources.”

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b576ec86-761e-11...144feabdc0.html

Im pleasantly suprised how well gold is holding up durring these summer months. I have been away for some time due to moving house and I lost my internet connection, so I have not been able to keep up with things. I hope everyone is OK.

Welcome back!

Thanks for all the responses on my reddish maple. I'm not sure a camera would be able to see the colour difference, but it is the whole coin colour, not spots. In fact, rather than 'reddish' I would say it looks more golden than the others. I will try to post a pic tonight if I can get one showing the colour difference. As I said, having measured it and weighed it, I'm pretty sure it's no fake.

While you’ve been away: CID have started selling silver Britannia’s and you missed a good offer on silver phillies

Checkout the video this guy just posted on the 2009 Philly :o

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread....2148&page=5

The real specs should be 2.0mm thick, 37.00 mm diametre, weight 31.1030

This coin comes in at 36.96mm diametre, 1.68mm thick and 31.10 weight

Could you tell the difference without measuring it ??

It might still all be a wind up, but still very interesting

How can the fake coin be thinner that the real coin? The fake must have platinum in it (?)

Interesting notes from Richard Russell

GDX bouncing off rising trendline, any possible rise a precursor to metal itself?

Gold above it's rising 50 DMA.

50 DMA is above the 200DMA.

my comment:

Bonds: DOWN

Stocks: UP

Gold: UP

->>>>>>>inflation?

how about inflation scare? :rolleyes:

Or even just plain confusion con-flation.

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread....2148&page=6

I think the 2009 fake Philly story was a windup. The great Scorpio over there has closed the thread. It was turning into a bit of a slanging match. You can all sleep well tonight :lol:

Regarding the off coloured maple, its not unusual to have bullion coins of the same type being a slightly different shade. If it measures up ( thickness , diametre and weight ) ok then its real.

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread....2148&page=6

I think the 2009 fake Philly story was a windup. The great Scorpio over there has closed the thread. It was turning into a bit of a slanging match. You can all sleep well tonight :lol:

Regarding the off coloured maple, its not unusual to have bullion coins of the same type being a slightly different shade. If it measures up ( thickness , diametre and weight ) ok then its real.

Thanks, I thought as much; it measures up and the photos I took are here, in case interested:

SV100490-small.jpg

SV100489-small.jpg

nothing wrong with that maple.

that phil thread was weird on kitco.

A new thread has now opened, talking about the theoritical ways of " under carating " coins. Official Gold coin specification vs theoretical weight . Very interesting

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=393089

Original closed thread http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=392148

The maple looks fine :) Just stop fondling your coins :lol:

Bubble Bursting Warning Target $600?

"equilibrium" price for gold of about $611. Now it's about $930 so by that logic, now it's about 50% too high, and market-long-waves says that if that was a bubble, and it pops, the trough could be 34% below the peak (1-1/(1.5), which would get it down to about $400 at the bottom.

I know all the "technical" people are saying that gold is stable and there is a possibility of a big jump at some point. I don't see that, I smell a bubble.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article12165.html

that phil thread was weird on kitco.

According to the guy's measured dimensions (thickness less than normal) and its weight (very close to normal) it would have had a density greater than gold. And yet he claimed it was 22 carat on the basis of an acid test.

It did not make sense that it was a counterfeit coin.

I know all the "technical" people are saying that gold is stable and there is a possibility of a big jump at some point. I don't see that, I smell a bubble.

By Andrew Butter

Andrew Butter is managing partner of ABMC, an investment advisory firm, based in Dubai ( hbutter@eim.ae ), that he setup in 1999, and is has been involved advising on large scale real estate investments, mainly in Dubai.

:lol:

Just a quick post to let you guys know that I am going on my hols (Florida) and won't be posting while away!

Gold is still doing what it always does!

Hopefully when I get back (in 10 days or so) it should have broken $960...

like a lot of people here i listen to financialsense.com. mainly because it has the odd gem every now and then that makes one think.

anyhoo did anyone else catch Nick Barisheff on the first hour (18.07.09) this week at about 54 minutes in?

of the 150 thousand tonnes of gold in existance (a figure we are all, i'm sure, familar with), he reckons the split in thousands of tonnes are as follows:-

93 religious artefacts :blink:

30 held by central banks

25 held privately

anyone ever come across these figures before? to me his figure of 93 is astounding! :o

in fact

"it's amazing!" :P

like a lot of people here i listen to financialsense.com. mainly because it has the odd gem every now and then that makes one think.

anyhoo did anyone else catch Nick Barisheff on the first hour (18.07.09) this week at about 54 minutes in?

of the 150 thousand tonnes of gold in existance (a figure we are all, i'm sure, familar with), he reckons the split in thousands of tonnes are as follows:-

30 held by central banks

25 held privately

anyone ever come across these figures before? to me his figure of 93 is astounding! :o

in fact

I heard that too and was amazed. It's pretty bullish. Some of the equilibrium prices floating out there could be much higher.

30 held by central banks

25 held privately

in fact

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....st&p=116555

From the Puetz "Crash Window" thread - the last one was mind-blowingly accurate :

====================

Under the Puetz Window theory, this is what you look for:

The Market will be at a ( Turning ) high point on the First Full Moon following a Solar Eclipse when that Full Moon is also a Lunar Eclipse. From this Full Moon / Lunar Eclipse peak a ( Trend change will begin ) Down Trend will begin and it will end 6 Days BEFORE to 3 days AFTER a Full Moon that is within 6 weeks of the Solar eclipse.

That suggests some sort of Peak on the Lunar eclipse day (Aug. 6th), and then a crash into a day which is 23 - 31 days later, that is: the first week in September.

This chart should cover the period involved:

Aug/Sep.2009 Puetz "Crash window" / SPY chart ... update

1248335555068489200.gif

I also went back to look at the previous one :

Feb/Mar 2009 Puetz "Crash window" / SPY chart ... w/o notations

1248336635017567700.gif

From the Goldstock thread...

BTW, GOLDSTOCK.co.uk is NOW LIVE with the new look

- - - Any one using it regularly ??

Chris Carolan has an interesting cyclical model for Gold

gold-d-021209-450x227.gif

compare: