• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

same faces huh?

just wanted to point to my last view on gold:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....mp;#entry124159

regards to everybody

man you must have deep pockets, last time I was reading your posts you were shorting crude around the $45 range

edit - http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....3164&st=340

nothing personal ker - we all make wrong calls, but an ounce of humility would be nice in you admitting as much given the amount of posts you gave calling oil, and to a lesser extent gold and silver the wrong way

What pop up in commodities? Oil down 4.5% today, below 70 for the first time since whenever. Gas down, heating oil down, copper down 3.5%. Cotton and lumber were up.

Confusingly, the g:s ratio is below 64 now after rising above 68 in the last week. Isn't this fall supposed to signify inflation(ary expectations)? Some here switched to gold at 66. Are you still expecting a move upwards?

same faces huh?

Quick etiquette tip for you Ker its pretty bad form to herald your "come back" with a snippy retort which suggests that while we have all been milling around doing f&ck all in your absence. Poor show.

Anyhoo I'll go ahead and bite... you think gold has seen a mania phase?! :blink:

Joe public knows next to nothing about gold except adverts on TV wanting to buy the stuff off them.

The mania comes when Joe public is buying NOT selling.

Quick etiquette tip for you Ker its pretty bad form to herald your "come back" with a snippy retort which suggests that while we have all been milling around doing f&ck all in your absence. Poor show.

Anyhoo I'll go ahead and bite... you think gold has seen a mania phase?! :blink:

Joe public knows next to nothing about gold except adverts on TV wanting to buy the stuff off them.

The mania comes when Joe public is buying NOT selling.

And while i am biting... you think Gold is going to 500USD and the gold silver ratio will widen to 100+

You do realise this means sub 5USD per oz silver :blink:

It costs most producers more than that just to get the stuff out the ground

Mines would close at that level and above ground stocks such as they are would disappear very quickly.

In short sub 5USD silver aint gonna happen.

And while i am biting... you think Gold is going to 500USD and the gold silver ratio will widen to 100+

Mines would close at that level and above ground stocks such as they are would disappear very quickly.

I agree with your sentiments but I am not sure you were wise to 'rise' to the foolish talk of Ker. It is human nature to seek out opinions which resound with your own but wise to try to understand conflicting opinions - but only when these opinions are articulated by people with intelligence who back up their claims with solid information. There was a poster on HPC called realist bear - he was obviously a fool who had only partially grasped what was happening re the collapse. Ker does not even seem to partially understand - and more importantly, does not seem to want to learn so let him live in ignorance.

If you recall, this is the same guy who predicted a great fall in silver to $6.60 at a very exact time.

As soon as that time came, by some fluke, the kitco graph messed up and went exactly to the price predicted.

I wait with much anticipation to the next great kitco prediction :) It was a GEI legendary moment.

Anyhow, this article over on market oracle discusses the same chart pattern prediction

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article13102.html

"If the projected final [C] legs down in gold, silver, and the HUI are as severe as the charts may be telling us, the opportunity to buy low priced gold, silver, and precious metal shares will be extraordinary. This [C] leg down that I am describing will not be the beginning of a prolonged correction; it will be the end of a prolonged correction that began in March 2008."

same faces huh?

Same wrong prediction then Ker. You have called for $450 gold before and were wrong then, so why are you trying it again?

You were short when calling for $450, then went long on gold lwhen it proved to be wrong, now you are back on the short side. When are you going to learn that trying to trade gold is not very sensible and 8 times out of 10 you will get it wrong. The trick to investing in gold is to understand the fundamental reasons for it, eg. wealth preservation, hedge against government stupidity, fiat currency crisis etc, etc etc...

You will not fool many on here with you mad predictions, without backing your theories up with something substantial. So far in your posts you have lost a load of money, do you have endless pockets or is this just mindless drivel with nothing behind it? I know which gets my vote.

Same wrong prediction then Ker. You have called for $450 gold before and were wrong then, so why are you trying it again?

You were short when calling for $450, then went long on gold lwhen it proved to be wrong, now you are back on the short side. When are you going to learn that trying to trade gold is not very sensible and 8 times out of 10 you will get it wrong. The trick to investing in gold is to understand the fundamental reasons for it, eg. wealth preservation, hedge against government stupidity, fiat currency crisis etc, etc etc...

You will not fool many on here with you mad predictions, without backing your theories up with something substantial. So far in your posts you have lost a load of money, do you have endless pockets or is this just mindless drivel with nothing behind it? I know which gets my vote.

Maybe he should do the exact opposite of his instinct just like George Costanza does in this classic Seinfeld episode :lol:

Yes Wan is still doing the circuits. I spent much time editing my rude post in reply to him but finally just posted :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: as I though it best not to be rude.

I feel your pain mate! I really have to hold off posting replies to him - what annoys me the most is that if you ask how he arrived at his conclusion/view point he just ignores you or posts another chart which has a diffferent 'conclusion'!

I'm still waiting for $6.60 silver as 'wan' promised us ages ago; and $450 gold would be most welcome...

I feel your pain mate! I really have to hold off posting replies to him - what annoys me the most is that if you ask how he arrived at his conclusion/view point he just ignores you or posts another chart which has a diffferent 'conclusion'!

I'm still waiting for $6.60 silver as 'wan' promised us ages ago; and $450 gold would be most welcome...

well I have just posted this in the silver thread:

just started placing my orders with CID for gold/silver.

within a few weeks I will have done all my buying from my small (compared to you lot) cash euro fund from my french house sale.

I intend to buy some from CID & some from local dealer atm....

I assume you get containers with the silver coins. The silver bars will be branded & serial stamped I am being told.

after following the very educational posts/threads on here (well apart from certain posts ;) ) & a few other sites (richyc pointed me to a poster called cyclist @ kittcomm), some are expecting a small dip in gold for example, but I just think that it's too risky for people like me coming in at this late stage. I don't want to wait as I think we are at a dangerous stage right now. I think next year gold & silver will be viewed very differently from by a lot of the general expert analysts.

the general public still haven't got a clue as usual, taking the opportunity to sell all their pm's at what they are being told is the peak, as per those cash4gold type ads <_< . Stupid fookers. Even a few jeweller's I spoke to, with years of experience think the market has topped.

Someone has already said that this is a big buy signal & I agree.

I think he only comes here to wind us up. Its a great indication that gold is about to make a move upwards if anything.

Any comments?

GF re: why not to invest in ETF's, this may be of interest:

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/project-m...ted-silver-etfs

During our research into the inventory lists of the iShares SLV and London-based ETFS physical silver funds, we discovered multiple anomalies which cannot be easily dismissed. These included the presence of internal duplicates, rough internal duplicates, weight duplicates, statistical clustering, and cross-reference duplicates. Taken together, these anomalies are cause for concern, and we suggest that more capable teams conduct further research into these issues, as they effect price discovery within the precious metals market, as these ETF shares are being used for settlement and possibly pricesuppression on the COMEX.

If these problems are caused by accounting errors, they are disturbing and perhaps profoundly incompetent, and we suggest both these funds should have their senior management replaced.

In our opinions, the only way for all of these anomalies to occur together as noted in this paper, is via systemic fraud or gross accounting error bordering on jaw-dropping incompetence.

And the original pdf on scribd http://www.scribd.com/doc/17750719/Silveretfs-1-PDF

Yesterday was a bank holiday in the UK, so I missed this action to get some more gold!

However, it is a very intersting pattern if you use Fibonacci Retracements and think the PPT may operate during NYMEX hours...it also shows that if you are trading gold and are long then you need at least a $10 or more stop-loss.

nld45c.gif

We are now slightly above the 61.8% support area - could go over $955 or down to $947 depending on how the gold gods feel.

Whilst that is very likely true, there have also been statements from certain people that there are more claims on gold than has ever been mined. I don't have any links to substantiate this, but I'm 99% sure I've heard this at least a few times. I believe the same can be said for silver.

Either way, it's just another doubt to add to the list. Buy physical.

Perhaps we should start a thread along the same lines as Steve Netwriters recent "little project for all the goldbugs" thread i.e. Why PM ETF's are a good idea......anyone??