• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Agreed 100% GF. Its just plain daft thinking. The same type of wrongheaded thinking that makes the likes of Mr Paul Hill in Moneyweek claim gold is in a bubble just because it did not hold over $1000. So higher prices would indicate we are not in a bubble? My god man with thinking like that you would be buying buy to let properties at the peak in 2007!!

All of which makes me realise the supposed experts get it wrong a lot of the time. Sun Micro a good buy at 13USD Paul Hill?! Now bought out at 9USD

A couple of years ago I set up a couple of virtual portfolios on my stockbroker's account: 'Paul Hill buys' and 'Paul Hill gambles'. I didn't buy any of the shares he'd tipped - I just wanted to see how well they did. At the time of writing, most of the ones I recorded have done disastrously. The man's a clown IMHO.

USDX 78.44 +0.06 on a day when gold is +$20

This is very significant IMO.

Mish has said before that he expects Gold to rally with USD - being money and all. I wonder if this is what we are seeing finally (whereas last year was the deleveraging crash and rebound).

Gold in strong hands now?

A couple of years ago I set up a couple of virtual portfolios on my stockbroker's account: 'Paul Hill buys' and 'Paul Hill gambles'. I didn't buy any of the shares he'd tipped - I just wanted to see how well they did. At the time of writing, most of the ones I recorded have done disastrously. The man's a clown IMHO.

As I have said before and will say again: There is only one gold, and that is stuff you can stash under the pillow, all else is bits of paper or pixels.

It looks like Green light is also seeing the "light".

We made a couple of modest changes to our macro hedges. First, after extensive investigation we switched our entire GLD exchange traded fund position into physical gold.

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1251815214.php

My apologies if this has been posted here before as I have been away for a while.

As I have said before and will say again: There is only one gold, and that is stuff you can stash under the pillow, all else is bits of paper or pixels.

We made a couple of modest changes to our macro hedges. First, after extensive investigation we switched our entire GLD exchange traded fund position into physical gold.

My apologies if this has been posted here before as I have been away for a while.

I'm glad your back. Have always enjoyed and respected your posts.

Glad you are back, I missed your posts. Good to see cgnao back and gold /silver going up. What more could you ask? Toffee Popcorn would be nice I suppose......

I'll be saying those words in a different context in 2 weeks... first child due. Hoping it will be a double celebration :lol:

For gold it has been a very lengthy birth so far. But that's good, so we can accumulate more under $1,000. When the big money or China moves in, it will be over with cheap gold. :(

This is not a normal rally. It is pure fear.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hong-kong...ndon-2009-09-03

Sep 3, 2009, 6:22 a.m. EST

Hong Kong recalls gold reserves, touts high-security vault

In a challenge to London, Asian states invited to store bullion closer to home

COT are caught with their pants down on the wrong side of the market and if they do not manage to rein it back quick, they'll be forced to cover which will send it parabolic.

cg, I think you're right. If China wants to relocate gold from London to Hong Kong, there will be a little problem in London IMO. Or does anyone think the banksters really just stored that gold there? :lol: IMO, this gold has possibly been shorted, physically sold etc. I.e. someone will possibly have to buy shed loads in the over the counter market. That's going to be expensive.

Today's Funny talks.

Audi President: Chevy Volt Is a ‘Car for Idiots’

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A Special Message from Jesse ; ( hehe ...Form My Mentor) :D

Good Night !

Again ! Trust yourself ....

Great video Jesse!

So do you recommend MarketClub? Looks very impressive from the few minutes i have explored their website. Might try the 30 day free trial...

I'll be saying those words in a different context in 2 weeks... first child due. Hoping it will be a double celebration :lol:

Great news Doc!

Real life changing moment - I started to look at the world in a 'new' way once my daughter was born, and more importantly take action to plan and prepare for the future.

All the best!

Great news Doc!

Real life changing moment - I started to look at the world in a 'new' way once my daughter was born, and more importantly take action to plan and prepare for the future.

All the best!

Well seen as this is now the baby thread....

Had my 2nd (boy) yesterday.

I'll echo the comment above - with a partner and kids who depend on you it has made me think a lot more about financial decisions and wealth preservation. Got gold?

But well worth the effort whether you agree with him or not.

Ok, I have added it to my bookmarks and will try to give it some time when available. Care to post a synopsis of his thinking?

Ok, I have added it to my bookmarks and will try to give it some time when available. Care to post a synopsis of his thinking?

It's easier to click the link in my sig.

However, if you want to argue the case for a gold standard, register and post away. Should be a good scrap if some of the heavyweight here get involved.