• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Gold approaches $1,000 an ounce

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/5919caca-9979-11...144feabdc0.html

Ascot Mining is offering investors a special deal on gold as part of its attempts to expand its mining production. Investors willing to buy at least 10 ounces can buy at 20 per cent less than the market price, with gold delivery 12-18 months later.

Does anyone have any info on Ascot Mining? What are the risks for a 20% discount? Other than the company going bankcrupt before delivery? :unsure:

My assessment of today's price action be based upon the facts, all of the facts and nothing but the facts.

Don't Second-Guess Yourself .

EURO CHART

Would be nice for me if the euro strengthens (I'm in the Eurozone). I want cheap silver!

Some may be doing better than others. My folks run a post office and see a steady stream of parcels being shipped of to postalgold and cash4gold etc... any jewellers/pawn shop owners here noticed an increase in gold trade?

But they are often with only a small amount of gold in them that barely covers the cost of the shipping which is now paid for by the gold reclaimer using Special Delivery licensed post. It is still more effective for them to collect from the local jewellers.

I have just come back fom the IJL where I had a few interesting chats to a few of the jewellery manufacturers and to the precious metal producers like Johnson Mathey. They are worried as the increase in gold price is hurting them through lack of sales. There was also less gold jewellery on display except for the standard diamond encrusted white gold. The vast majority of jewellery this year was silver. Everyone was saying that compared to gold silver seems cheap.

Thought this was an interesting comment made by Max Keiser on his own blog:

max keiser

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:02 am

US dollar just above support

Gold just under resistance

to keep the dollar up and gold down every single one of the banks involved in keeping the price of these two from breaking out has to “cooperate” this weekend.

If only one of the crew dissents – the scam breaks apart.

My guess is that somebody is going to get itchy and start dumping dollars without Goldman’s permission and this could get crazy.

Gold approaches $1,000 an ounce

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/5919caca-9979-11...144feabdc0.html

Does anyone have any info on Ascot Mining? What are the risks for a 20% discount? Other than the company going bankcrupt before delivery? :unsure:

Ascot Mining is offering investors a special deal on gold as part of its attempts to expand its mining production. Investors willing to buy at least 10 ounces can buy at 20 per cent less than the market price, with gold delivery 12-18 months later.

Does sound intriguing. I have sent off an email to the member of staff dealing with this offer requesting further information. I will post here what he has to say. Anyone else looking in to this? Anyone heard back from them?

Thought this was an interesting comment made by Max Keiser on his own blog:

max keiser

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:02 am

US dollar just above support

Gold just under resistance

to keep the dollar up and gold down every single one of the banks involved in keeping the price of these two from breaking out has to “cooperate” this weekend.

If only one of the crew dissents – the scam breaks apart.

My guess is that somebody is going to get itchy and start dumping dollars without Goldman’s permission and this could get crazy.

Some of the team appear to be breaking ranks this morning. Dollar (USDX) is now at 77.95. :D

Does sound intriguing. I have sent off an email to the member of staff dealing with this offer requesting further information. I will post here what he has to say. Anyone else looking in to this? Anyone heard back from them?

It's an extremely low priced future. Sounds like a very bad idea to me: like 10% interest rates and similar, when everyone else pays 1% only. The deal is so good because there is some major risk.

I bet it comes with a small t&c stating that physical delivery may not be guaranteed though. ;)

edited to add - I panic when waiting 3 days for delivery......but 12-18 months. :o :o

Ambrose Evans-Pritchard in the telegraph

Link

China, Bernanke, and the price of gold

What he said about US monetary policy and gold – this bit on the record – would appear to validate the long-held belief of gold bugs that China has fundamentally lost confidence in the US dollar and is going to shift to a partial gold standard through reserve accumulation.

Ambrose Evans-Pritchard in the telegraph

Link

“Gold is definitely an alternative, but when we buy, the price goes up. We have to do it carefully so as not stimulate the market,” he said.

In other words, China is buying the dips, and will continue to do so as a systematic policy. His comment captures exactly what observation of gold price action suggests is happening. Every time it looks as if the bullion market is going to buckle, some big force steps in from the unknown.

Gave the guy a ring. He's going to email me through more details later which I'll post when I can. At 12-18 month settlement points, choice to either have the physical delivered or have current cash value transfered to you. Will be assayed by Canadian refiner and will be in bar form from 1oz up - depending on settlement amount. Need the T&C's to check through and figure all the ins and outs. 

Re. the company... Check the company website (www.ascotmining.com) + I read a review by someone we know here recently... Can't say more than that!