You are basing your investments on superstition. Interesting. Do you have your fingers crossed too?

No it's a joke, there has been a long history of false "rocketed" breakouts over years. :P

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Support holding at 77.45. Looks like the stock market has a bit more to run.

New lows in the G/S ratio also

This could be a trap.

The market will be headed towards a NY opening, with a big gap up in Gold,

and gap down in the US dollar.

We should look back the previous top in Gold to see what happened.

If you were the US Treasury, and wanted to BURN THE DOLLAR SHORTS, what woudl you do?

This could be a trap.

If you were the US Treasury, and wanted to BURN THE DOLLAR SHORTS, what woudl you do?

I agree this action doesn't mean much until NYC opens. But we do have the chinese saying they are going to be buying the dips now. So I guess it depends how much gold the US wants to give the chinese cheap.

This could be a trap.

sell gold and buy $$$'s ?

then rebuy gold when it hits its new bottom ?

I really dont have a clue thats why I need you guys to tell me

whats really going on

I was under the impression that the next time it breached the $1000 mark

it would be here to stay ,but there is no accounting just how far Bernanke and co

will go to manipulate the market

If it drops again I'm in for some more

If it keeps rising I'll just count my blessings I've already got some

I really dont have a clue thats why I need you guys to tell me

whats really going on

I was under the impression that the next time it breached the $1000 mark

it would be here to stay ,but there is no accounting just how far Bernanke and co

will go to manipulate the market

If it drops again I'm in for some more

If it keeps rising I'll just count my blessings I've already got some

I think you seem to have it quiet well sussed :)

This could be a trap.

Take a look at this graph that was posted on JSmineset yesterday;

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....st&p=125349

WJ, some here trade gold as if it was Google or Enron (i.e. on "technical" grounds). Others accumulate steadily and don't worry much about the daily/monthly fluctuations (the more "fundamental" approach).

I am in the latter group. This is why I started the gold threads here on GEI (coming from HPC, where I "worked" on the original "super"-thread).

My stand is that this is the biggest financial crisis ever (in the history of mankind at least) and that we only just got started (2 years ago). As my main indicators when I will sell gold I use the house:gold index and the Dow:gold index (check out the charts linked to in my signature). The reason is that these are real things measured against other real things, and the things I might want to buy from my gold (and silver) in the end might be stocks and property.

We are far from lows in houses:gold or stocks:gold. So, I continue to accumulate precious metals in their physical(!) form.

EDIT: See also my thread over at GIM for some more technical considerations: http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=195370

DrBubb: I somehow thought you only had 1 oz of (physical!?) gold? ;)

WJ, some here trade gold as if it was Google or Enron. Others accumulate steadily and don't worry much about the daily/monthly fluctuations.

I am in the latter group. This is why I started the gold threads here on GEI (coming from HPC, where I "worked" on the original "super"-thread).

this has been & is my stance also GF.

Although a few posts on hpc don't go amiss, I'm sure you are following the threads. I might give you another mention later. ;)

I converted my wife's walk-in wardrobe recently:

gold09.jpg

:lol:

this has been & is my stance also GF.

Although a few posts on hpc don't go amiss, I'm sure you are following the threads. I might give you another mention later. ;)

Cheers GOM. Much appreciated.

GATA circulated this interview with our old pal John Embry from Sprott:

Sept 6 interview John Embry

Gold Outlook: Expolosion in the Price of Gold Imminent By Andrew Mickey, Q1 Publishing

. . . .

Andrew Mickey: Let’s switch our gears for a moment here to gold and silver…right at this point, everyone is focusing on the long, long term, say 10 years, 15 years out.

John Embry: I’m focusing on the next two months and I think we are going to have an explosion in the price of gold.

Andrew Mickey: Do you see a specific catalyst?

John Embry: One of the great factors is sentiment right now - the sentiment that you just mentioned. There is currently considerable apathy towards gold and silver. However, demand is exploding on the investment side, for the simple reason that people can see, with each passing day, that the currencies are going to be significantly debased.

You've got enormous government financing requirements over the next 12 months. Where is the money going to come from? A lot will be created out of – thin air and, that’s going to result in a huge volume of new currency.

I see the demand from the investment side alone just overwhelming supply. And on the other side you’ve got diminishing supply.

The central banks are running out. And you can see this with the central bank sales each year. The European central banks can sell up to 500 tons a year, they are not selling anything near that.

And lastly, all the eastern central banks that are jammed with US dollars are talking about diversifying into other assets, one of which is gold.

Central banks have been major suppliers of gold to fill the gap in the market for years. That's coming to an end. At the same time mine supply continues to plummet. So I will be shocked if gold is not dramatically higher in the next three or four months.

Oh thanks

I must give credit to the teachers tho :lol:

Thanks, but credit should really be given to the originators of the gold threads like Goldfinger and cgnao.

The Masters Gold Fund does sound very interesting, if anyone finds anything out about it please post.

Masters Gold Fund

In my previous article More Dress Rehearsal of the Last Contango (see References below) I mentioned the unique Masters Gold Fund, soon to come on stream, structured to take advantage of the permanent backwardation in gold when it comes, which would ground all other gold funds. I have acted as advisor from inception and during the incubation period. In that article I listed seven exclusive features spelling out how the Masters Gold Fund would operate in these perilous times. It would take its clues, not from the gold price that is open to manipulation, but from the gold basis which is a pristine indicator telling you about the willingness of gold holders to carry on in playing the game of musical chairs and putting their gold at stake.

In response to subsequent inquiries that I have received, I provide the name and e-mail address of the manager of the Masters Gold Fund, who will be happy to send the prospectus to interested parties upon request: Sandeep Jaitly (Sandeep.Jaitly@soditic-cbip.co.uk)

Take that! All you non-believers and gold shorts. A special kick in the nuts goes to Keynes who coined the term "barbarous relic"; his monetary polices and the idiots who implemented them will be ridiculed in future history books (the truthful ones anyway).

f_batman60s2m_fc3c3a8.jpg