A Top could be in ...

As I wrote some time ago:

Careful: gold forming a sixtuple top. ALL BETS ARE OFF!*

Gold_USD.png

*Yes, you're really just stupid if you think that this could mean that gold got artificially suppressed at the $1,000 level and that it's soon going to pop big time.

:lol: :lol:

Maybe we even get a 7th and 8th spike (before we go to $1,400)? :)

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

The important thing is that its positive news that we are seeing gold hold in the four digit range, at a time when there is a media led green-shoots environment with the official figures all signaling low inflation, at a time when central bank monetary inflation is being looked upon as a wise move whilst consumer credit is deflating.

Yes, I think most would agree that it is the sword of debasement hanging over currencies which has pushed gold to these prices.

All that remains really is to find out what takes gold to new levels; whether it be excessive liquidity, or liquidation and the "squeezing" of capital.

The second outcome would still involve continued volatility in the price of gold, to both the downside and upside as currencies first became the beneficiaries of deleveraging before later devaluing due to the fundamentals.

I still can't believe how relatively low gold is, in GBP. Well off the earlier highs. I am not excited at all by the recent action.

Don't get disheartened we are only in the beginning of September ;)

Don't get disheartened we are only in the beginning of September ;)

Aww. Thanks. I did need that reminder. I am still cross about trading silver for gold and not getting a crash to reward me. Now i am itching to return to my former position in silver, but gold has not adequately compensated me for the trade. So I am frustrated. :angry:

Aww. Thanks. I did need that reminder. I am still cross about trading silver for gold and not getting a crash to reward me. Now i am itching to return to my former position in silver, but gold has not adequately compensated me for the trade. So I am frustrated. :angry:

I have given up trying to time the irrational market. My new strategy is to remain heavily invested in bullion, but to also keep some serious powder dry in the appropriate currencies while also building up with income. Then sit back and wait for the market to crash before buying silver at low prices.

The aim being to buy silver when it is weak, and when it is strong trade to gold.

This strategy of course only works if you believe reflation will fail and we see "ground hog days" of deleveraging.

I have given up trying to time the irrational market. My new strategy is to remain heavily invested in bullion, but to also keep some serious powder dry in the appropriate currencies while also building up with income. Then sit back and wait for the market to crash before buying silver at low prices.

The aim being to buy silver when it is weak, and when it is strong trade to gold.

This strategy of course only works if you believe reflation will fail and we see "ground hog days" of deleveraging.

That is a great strategy RH. I can do that too. I just need to be patient and wait for the market to come to me.

CID have one of their vague special offers on again, starting Saturday:

As of early Saturday morning, September 12th 2009, we will be offering a gold coin at a fixed price as long as the reserved stock for this offer lasts! Visit our website www.CoinInvestDirect.com on Saturday to find out more!

Please use this opportunity to have a look at our entire range as you will most likely find something else to add to your order which might reduce or even erase the shipping costs.

Shortly we will have the new 2010 Australian coins available as well. Keep visiting our website to secure your stock!

Something not right here:

214yt5w.gif

That's why I say if you're gonna trade gold then you need your stop-loss greater than $10....

Keep it real, keep it physical....

Not sure if 'someone' is trying to hit the longs SLs at 980-982 area....anyone else see this on their trading platform?

Kitco not reacting...

Sorry if this has already been posted...

http://seekingalpha.com/article/160619-the...icle_sb_popular

I think he's spot on, the trading volume scam using bankrupt US institutions is pure fraud.

Wouldn't it be lovely if the ordinary investor sold his stocks into this bank sponsored rally, and got some of his bailout money back...

Nick

I think he's spot on, the trading volume scam using bankrupt US institutions is pure fraud.

Wouldn't it be lovely if the ordinary investor sold his stocks into this bank sponsored rally, and got some of his bailout money back...

Nick

It would be lovely if the ordinary investor sold his stocks into this bank sponsored rally and got gold real money back Its interesting how gold is hovering arround the $1000 mark, drifting above durring asian trading. Soon it will be no big deal that gold is +$1000 as it has flirted arround that level so long.

It would be lovely if the ordinary investor sold his stocks into this bank sponsored rally and got gold real money back Its interesting how gold is hovering arround the $1000 mark, drifting above durring asian trading. Soon it will be no big deal that gold is +$1000 as it has flirted arround that level so long.

Can't believe you didn't say Gold AND Silver!

:lol:

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere?

Bob Hoye (Ross Clark)'s latest on gold, courtesy 321 gold -- very bullish!

Chartworks on gold

Gold. . . couldn’t be better.

We’ve watched patiently, monitoring the action in

anticipation of a breakout, but what if we’re wrong?

The making of a ‘Perfect Storm’ is in place for a large move in gold prices. Over the past

months ChartWorks has presented analysis displaying the likely development of the

consolidation and final breakout of resistance. We are including updated charts from reports

done over the past months.

• The pattern is right; a triangle and a Head & Shoulders base with a 17-month time

frame and enough depth to provide stored energy to produce a lasting move.

• The timing is right; a fully developed Megaphone from March 2008 with similar

structure to Feb-Sept 1980, Jan-July 1986, Apr-Oct 1987, Jan-Sept 1994, Jun-Dec 2002

and Jan-Oct 2004.

• Seasonality is right; September is one of the strongest months for precious metals.

o August had a classic 50% to 70% pullback before last week’s breakout.

• The battle at $1,000; compares to the Dow of 1966 to 1982, implying the possibility of a

$1,000 rally within a year of a decisive breakout.

• Mining stocks are currently outperforming silver which in turn is outpacing gold. This is

exactly what one wants to see in a strong metals move.