• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy checking in :blink:

Had a major operation on my right foot courtesy of the wonderful UK national health service, out of commish for 2 weeks or so, cannot say enough how brilliant the nurses and doctors/surgeons were... :o)

Week or 2 away from the puter and all the madness sure puts into perspective what is important and what is not...

Last time I looked it was 'bout 970, after day 6 in the hospital I hobbled down to the newsagents and The Times had a major headline 'Gold hits $1,000 as investors seek safety' blag blag blag ... I thought it was VERY important, a sign for sure, as it is the first time in maybe 30-40 years we have seen such a headline in the establishment press, even the Sun had a gold at + 1000 bux snip on page 4 or 6, so this is important in that it signals (to me, at any rate) that we are in new territory and the establishment simply cannot cover up what us happening.

Now gold is 1020 and silver is almost 21 - happy daze!

Greetings to all!

Billy

Trouble is when things move too quickly I start to panic. I've enjoyed the slow rise of the last few years. I like slow !!!!!

I get that problem with things like the NZ$JPY.

When I'm used to watching it gradually sliding downwards, and then it suddenly plummets, and then plummets again...........I get vertigo :o

I have to step away from the computer for a minute :blink:

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy checking in :blink:

Had a major operation on my right foot courtesy of the wonderful UK national health service, out of commish for 2 weeks or so, cannot say enough how brilliant the nurses and doctors/surgeons wereA

Week or 2 away from the puter and all the madness sure puts into perspective what is important and what is not...

Last time I looked it was bout 970, after day 6 in the hospital I hobbled down to the newsagnts and The Times had a major headline 'gold hits $1,000 as investors eek safety' blag blag blag ... I thought it was VERY important, a sign for sure, as it is the first time in maybe 30-40 years we have seen sucha headline in the establishment press, even the Sun had a gold 1000 bux snip on page 4 or 6, so this is important in that it signals (to me, at any rate) that we are in new territoty and the establishment simply cannot cover up what us happening.

Now gold is 1020 qnd silver is almost 21 - happy daze!

Greetings to all!

Billy

You haven't missed much

Oh yes you have :o

I hope your foot is better.

Here is another Pluto prediction, a very bold one. Another rate cut in the am before markets open and or a banking holiday. Yes, I know, a little bearish, but the what the heck.

Naw i think Bernake will go full steam ahead! :blink:

07-10-04_ensign_bernanke.jpg

Hey guys

I've just arrived back home from a good old St Patricks Day party in N. Ireland to find gold at $1020...!?

I am another migrant from HPC...I have to admit I was a lurker there for quite a while and then finally bought some gold last year...the HPC gold thread was great, and when it ended I searched until I found where you guys had ended up...

I am definitely not the wisest when it comes to economics and investing, but have learnt an incredible amount in the past year from threads like this as well as general research...

great stuff!!

Still below 100,000 though. I'm wondering which one is going to rocket most. Gold or Yen, gold or Yen :blink:

The Fed must be working on some other plan for the morning before the open. Gold is going up against all currencies - this is not just a dollar problem - it is a fiat money problem.

Here is another Pluto prediction, a very bold one. Another rate cut in the am before markets open and or a banking holiday. Yes, I know, a little bearish, but the what the heck.

I was thinking the same thing, a rate cut is a real possibility should the US indices begin to tank in the day ahead. A serious downturn will prompt Fire Chief Bernanke to once more attempt to put out a fire by pouring gasoline over it.

Gold-$1,024 per ounce- that's something to wake up to

And the Fed keeps "boosting liquidity"

What about solvency of the system ??

Welcome, harryharhar! :blink:

A lot of excitement tonight. Let's hope things hold together economically and politically.

I was planning on going out and having a few beers tonight (not working tomorrow!), and assessing the situation in the morning...but I couldn't resist opening my laptop when I came in, and I'm glad I did..!?..interesting times..!!..

Welcome, harryharhar! :blink:

A lot of excitement tonight. Let's hope things hold together economically and politically.

I was planning on going out and having a few beers tonight (not working tomorrow!), and assessing the situation in the morning...but I couldn't resist opening my laptop when I came in, and I'm glad I did..!?..interesting times..!!..

Bubb, what do you think the stock market will do in the states? Any thoughts?

Tommorow is supposed to be a green day - y'know saint paddies day and all.

Did you see my VIX thread??

I reckon the SPX is headed to 1190 or so, and VIX to 40%- very possibly within this week.

Will we get there TODAY? It is not likely, but not impossible

Hey guys

I've just arrived back home from a good old St Patricks Day party in N. Ireland to find gold at $1020...!?

I am another migrant from HPC...I have to admit I was a lurker there for quite a while and then finally bought some gold last year...the HPC gold thread was great, and when it ended I searched until I found where you guys had ended up...

I am definitely not the wisest when it comes to economics and investing, but have learnt an incredible amount in the past year from threads like this as well as general research...

great stuff!!

Welcome. I hope we made your search as easy as possible :blink: