Bill / Jay;

It’s really amazing listening to Canada’s Business News Network and the cast of morons trying to account for today’s gold price action. I just heard them say, "they contacted John "the Diddler" Nadler at Kitco to ask him wuz up with the gold price.

Goat-Horn-Diddler apparently told them that the "bugs" were all worked up in a froth over unsubstantiated and denied rumors about the U.S. Dollar. What a complete fool that man is.

I come back to this being a story about what my source is telling me – it’s all about physical gold. When I re-read what I’ve been told, it is clear that off-market cash inducements have been offered to folks who have been requesting physical. The implications here, imo, are STUNNING!!!

This means that gold is REALLY trading in significant backwardation already – and the scum bags are trying to hide this fact too!!

But don’t tell the human-rain-delay at Kitco – he might shite his drawers with all the paper metal he has sold for good ole Bart.

Best,

Rob Kirby

That sentence just made me collapse with laughter :lol:

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/persona...inflations.html

'Gold has proven historically to be a poor hedge against major inflations'

Data on gold prices does not go back as far as the eighth century after Christ, when the hoard discovered in south Staffordshire is thought to have been created.

By Ian Cowie

But, if the original owner were here today, it is likely that he – or she – would be satisfied with the way bullion has retained its real value.

Professor Roy Jastram, of the University of California, conducted the longest-term analysis of this precious metal's purchasing power, stretching back to 1560 when Elizabeth I ordered new coinage to restore the reputation of the English currency.

This had been debased by coins being clipped and passed back into circulation while people hoarded the full-weight unclipped coins. That criminal practice was the basis of Tudor financier Sir Thomas Gresham's law "bad money drives out good money" and the original reason for coin rims being milled; to make it obvious when they had been clipped and metal removed.

Professor Jastram found that, over a period of more than 400 years, gold had proved an effective store of value and an ounce would usually buy a good, but not luxurious, outfit of clothes. Extreme pessimists may note that he added: "When the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse galloped, a stock of gold pieces, cunningly concealed or surreptitiously carried, has often meant the difference between living and dying."

His book, The Golden Constant, has been updated by Jill Leyland of the World Gold Council. You can see that, since gold prices were allowed to float freely in 1971, they have enjoyed two major bull rallies – including the current one – and endured a 20-year bear market.

Paul Marson, chief investment officer at Lombard Odier, a Geneva-based private bank, calculates that since 1971 bullion has risen by an average of 8.5pc per annum, compared with average annual inflation of 4.5pc. But if you had bought the last time prices peaked, in January 1980, gold returned just 1.2pc per annum compared with inflation of 3.3pc.

Perhaps surprisingly, Mr Marson argues: "Gold has proven to be historically a poor hedge against major inflations but has performed particularly well during periods of deflation."

post-2161-1254871955_thumb.jpg

I respect Jim Willie. If anyone is using SLV or GLD be very careful.

'As always, avoid the Exchange Traded Funds of StreetTracks Gold (GLD) which is a near complete fraud with grossly inadequate physical metal. They are involved in COMEX fraud to cover paper futures gold contracts. Much the same fraud is committed by the Barclays ETFund for Silver (SLV), with wholly inadequate silver metal. Neither fund submits to independent audits. My personal preference is to invest in silver, but to use gold as the signal. The rise in silver price will be 3x to 5x that of the gold rise, which itself will be significant. Central banks sell no silver, and industry has almost no gold demand. Let gold fight the political battles, to clear the path for precious metals to rise in price to the heavens. Inquiring minds should take this cue on how to buy silver, or one should check the Run To Gold website (CLICK HERE). "The Great Credit Contraction" e-book by Trace Mayer will serve as a classic someday, where this legal scholar claims the system will not collapse, but rather will evaporate. My term is disintegrate, very similar.'

Swampy i have only got physical gold,what are the options or suppliers for me to purchase physical silver for my own personal collection any contacts.?

anyone heard of / used these ?

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/

hey SOTT:

Domain name:

bullionbypost.co.uk

Registrant:

Robert Stein

Registrant type:

UK Limited Company, (Company number: 6758398)

Registrant's address:

Branston Street, Hockley

Branston Court

Birmingham

B18 6BA

United Kingdom

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 12-Feb-2009

Renewal date: 12-Feb-2011

Last updated: 15-Aug-2009

did a few googles & Robert Stein with gold bullion crops up a few times but not sure if it's the same guy ?

hey SOTT:

Domain name:

bullionbypost.co.uk

Registrant:

Robert Stein

did a few googles & Robert Stein with gold bullion crops up a few times but not sure if it's the same guy ?

ah ha, found the guy (I think):

Rob Halliday-Stein

"

Rob Halliday-Stein’s Summary

I am founder and MD of Online Advantage Ltd. The business is totally focussed on developing our own portfolio of profitable website businesses. We have assembled a first class team of designers, developers and marketing experts who are committed to developing and launching exciting new websites in a variety of sectors.

I was previously senior marketing manager for George.com at Asda where I managed the development and successful launch of George online. Earlier in my career I spent 7 years building my retail experience at D&A working across operations, marketing and HR. I am an Economics graduate from Sheffield University.

Rob Halliday-Stein’s Experience

Founder & MD

Online Advantage Ltd

(Internet industry)

September 2008 — Present (1 year 2 months)

Developing and investing in innovative and profitable website based businesses.

Additional Information

Rob Halliday-Stein’s Websites: ;)

* Gold Bullion Bars (this links to that bullionbypost website, so I assume this IS him)

* Fashion search engine

Rob Halliday-Stein’s Interests:

Skiing, Photography, Football"

Maybe this forum really needs a better investors/traders divide?

i dont think so, I think its good to know mesh the long term with the short term. Im holding my stash of gold, but I think the ST signals of gold are important for the rest of the markets.

LOL, this is pure gambling. This move has caught out all the chartists, Ker, RH, Bubb, Fizzers, because they are not doing the geopolitics research, not listening to the rumbles about a new currency (50pc gold-backed according to Max Keiser's contacts), not studying the history of gold and basically not listening to folks that do the research and are clued up.

this is why I never understood why I 'get it', yet I know far less than the majority of posters on this site about most things.