• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

But not with Over-The-Counter derivatives, please. Maybe you mean diversify.

The mathematical geniuses who devised all these instruments for "managing risk" never grappled with uncertainty. In their conceit, they thought they could measure "risk" and thereby control it, manage it, with these financial instruments. What a tangled web they wove. In systematizing the risk, they didn't bother to look beyond the mathematical model, or stop to consider that the whole system itself, in the real world, was thereby put at risk. Ship of fools I say.

Ummm, so yes, diversity it is.... in currencies. But the currencies chosen need to hedge each-other. The action in silver pretty much covers the commodity currencies and the inflation/ reflation trade while Yen, and dare I say it, the dollar covers deleveraging. Gold goes without saying of course as the bastion of stability.

The mathematical geniuses who devised all these instruments for "managing risk" never grappled with uncertainty. In their conceit, they thought they could measure "risk" and thereby control it, manage it, with these financial instruments. What a tangled web they wove. In systematizing the risk, they didn't bother to look beyond the mathematical model, or stop to consider that the whole system itself, in the real world, was thereby put at risk. Ship of fools I say.Ummm, so yes, diversity it is.... in currencies. But the currencies chosen need to hedge each-other. The action in silver pretty much covers the commodity currencies and the inflation/ reflation trade while Yen, and dare I say it, the dollar covers deleveraging. Gold goes without saying of course as the bastion of stability.

A calculated PONZI scheme in my opinion.

ok, fair point, (perhaps i could have worded that better) but it was meant as an overall 'I can see what's happening' pov, not that I am special.

Remember though I have NO economic or financial training at all.

Gom i think you do yourself a total injustice saying that.It is because of the fact that you are not formally trained that allows you the clear vision that you have.Whilst all the techies are scratching their heads looking into their charts asking themselves how the hell did that just happen you used common sense and a clear understanding, of the fundamentals.

well done

Gom i think you do yourself a total injustice saying that.It is because of the fact that you are not formally trained that allows you the clear vision that you have.Whilst all the techies are scratching their heads looking into their charts asking themselves how the hell did that just happen you used common sense and a clear understanding, of the fundamentals.

well done

This can be a very valid point, lack of formal training ( conditioning ) really lets the mind think freely.

This can be a very valid point, lack of formal training ( conditioning ) really lets the mind think freely.

Very true - Also, I think the opposite has been happening in Financial Services for years. You see in the reall world when we count sugar cubes, we count them honestly. In the fiat world, the sugar cube is crumbled a little, formed back into a smaller cube, then the crumbly bits are compacted into a cube, and then recounted as a bigger number. Same amount of sugar, but more cubes. That keeps the acountants scratching their heads as to why their figures in Excel don't add up. 1+1=2 doesn't it? Computers don't make mistakes..

This is another reason why the common man gets screwed over by the financial elite. The only way we can fight back is via gold. That is a lot harder to crumble up and doesn't grow in fields.

Absolutely Indoctrination reinforced into their professional training that creates an arrogance, that is needed to be seen to be believed,this is across all professional disciplines that the system so conveniently creates.I have very rarely been fortunate enough to meet FREE THINKING ,OPEN MINDED people from these areas.

"YOUR MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE IT IS ONLY OF ANY USE IF IT IS OPEN"

Anthony J. D΄Angelo

Very true - Also, I think the opposite has been happening in Financial Services for years. You see in the reall world when we count sugar cubes, we count them honestly. In the fiat world, the sugar cube is crumbled a little, formed back into a smaller cube, then the crumbly bits are compacted into a cube, and then recounted as a bigger number. Same amount of sugar, but more cubes. That keeps the acountants scratching their heads as to why their figures in Excel don't add up. 1+1=2 doesn't it? Computers don't make mistakes..

This is another reason why the common man gets screwed over by the financial elite. The only way we can fight back is via gold. That is a lot harder to crumble up and doesn't grow in fields.

Absolutely spot on "HONEST MONEY"

Maybe this was a failed COMEX takedown today. Whoever the buyer is, they have been underestimated by TPTB, I think.

If you want to understand the situation in gold, read this little article.

Somali pirates = gold Cartel, commercial shorts

French marine = China, physical buyers

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=11271385

Somali pirates attack French military vessel

Posted: Oct 07, 2009 12:27 PM Updated: Oct 07, 2009 2:47 PM

PARIS (AP) - Somali pirates in two skiffs fired on a French navy vessel early Wednesday after apparently mistaking it for a commercial boat, the French military said. The French ship gave chase and captured five suspected pirates.

"They understood their mistake too late," Prazuck said.

image-21805-panoV9free-mjnj.jpg

c01e79f4-e0db-41c3-8f3d-6acbd8d993eb_mn.jpg

That is the big question anyone thinking of taking profit should be asking themselves, sell gold in exchange for what?

IMO we are just getting started.

Could anyone post a graph or information about inflation adjusted current gold price ? Thank you in anticipation.