... I will happily tune in to a separate thread and contribute what little I can.

Thanks. Right now I am still too lazy to start a new thread - would need a reasonable OP etc. Mission statement kind of thing. Darn it.

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showpost.ph...postcount=30346

I think the big surge is yet to come.

The big key will be tomorrow's close. If we get a close above the breakout on the weekly charts, the big money will start flowing in beginning next week. That will bring in the momentum funds.

That money pouring in will drive the shorts out.

All of the combined is what is going to drive this rally upwards and onwards.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Someone added the "to da moon" part of the subtitle. But the "trading" remained. Why don't we keep it all neutral. Just something like:

"The GOLD thread -- October 2009"

"Facts, charts, and discussion on gold and related topics"

AHA that would take the thinking of a cool,calm collected physical gold investor.A rare commodity it would seem.

Thank you FWIW, Pixel8r, GF. All those graphs have just reinforced that Gold is still cheap. Best load up more. Now. There might be a pull back, but no point in hanging on to GBP in excess of basic buffer.

If I was in your shoes I would try and average in, buy some each month and build your stash, thats what I did in 2006 & 2007.

FWIW I think we will be on a surge till around April going to around $1350, then see a pull back through the summer back to around $1100. But don't take my word for it, base your own buying on your own position and how quickly you need the cash.

Max Keiser thinks that China, Russia and Iran are waging financial warfare against the USA to prevent an attack on Iran.

callmejoe started a thread. Her first post has the links to the 3 YouTube videos.

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....ic=7901&hl=

The interview is from yesterday (7th Oct).

Gold bulls or bears might take a look.

Someone added the "to da moon" part of the subtitle. But the "trading" remained. Why don't we keep it all neutral. Just something like:

"The GOLD thread -- October 2009"

"Facts, charts, and discussion on gold and related topics"

I have a great idea.I propose that Goldfinger gets made a moderator and starts the new thread each month and the title. He can also moderate it. He effectively transfered the gold thread from HPC to GEI. He has also demonstated a gentlemanly manner so would make a good moderator. I suggest that a seperate thread could be started to discuss trading gold.

I have a great idea.I propose that Goldfinger gets made a moderator and starts the new thread each month and the title. He can also moderate it. He effectively transfered the gold thread from HPC to GEI. He has also demonstated a gentlemanly manner so would make a good moderator. I suggest that a seperate thread could be started to discuss trading gold.

SECONDED (MOTION CARRIED?)

Goldfinger is probably the most clued up guy on gold on the forum he is a true gentleman and he is F***ING GOLDFINGER.

If thats your name and avatar you better know your stuff. ;)

I've got no problem with people trading gold. I'd advise that nobody should do it unless they are really sure what they are doing though. Any trading of this sort should be done with money you can truly afford to lose and should not be leveraged.

I've got no problem with people trading gold. I'd advise that nobody should do it unless they are really sure what they are doing though. Any trading of this sort should be done with money you can truly afford to lose and should not be leveraged.

Errol i totally agree the only caveat i would raise is that anyone trading should only sell to me at 50% discount off spot. :lol::lol::lol:

Very true - Also, I think the opposite has been happening in Financial Services for years. You see in the reall world when we count sugar cubes, we count them honestly. In the fiat world, the sugar cube is crumbled a little, formed back into a smaller cube, then the crumbly bits are compacted into a cube, and then recounted as a bigger number. Same amount of sugar, but more cubes. That keeps the acountants scratching their heads as to why their figures in Excel don't add up. 1+1=2 doesn't it? Computers don't make mistakes..

This is another reason why the common man gets screwed over by the financial elite. The only way we can fight back is via gold. That is a lot harder to crumble up and doesn't grow in fields.

That reminded me of Max Keiser's definition of bank reserves. It goes something like this:

"Banks don't have any reserves these days, they now have mathematical formulae which demonstrate the existence of reserves under certain circumstances"

Absolutely Indoctrination reinforced into their professional training that creates an arrogance, that is needed to be seen to be believed,this is across all professional disciplines that the system so conveniently creates.I have very rarely been fortunate enough to meet FREE THINKING ,OPEN MINDED people from these areas.

"YOUR MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE IT IS ONLY OF ANY USE IF IT IS OPEN"

Anthony J. D΄Angelo

Seen this thread?

"How attached are you to the ideas you hold?"

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....c=7019&st=0

Perhaps the trading talk could be encouraged to go in the "Investors Edge" : Markets & Trading" sub-forum?

Without the fascination with medium term price movements this thread would have nothing but pictures of rockets and skydivers ;)

To be honest although i'm most certainly not a Gold trader but am an investor i'm not too fussed about the thread title - most of our readers and posters know the rough positions of people on the forum in terms of who prefers deflation/inflation or trading/investing.

I think most of us are all long gold though so chill out, have a drink, and watch this little ditty posted on this same thread some months back:

http://www.rathergood.com/bullion

:)

- Pye

A decent article here about the recent rise priced in non-dollar currencies, suggesting this is a dollar play rather than a general inflation play.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/golds-ris...rops-2009-10-07

I want to buy gold on GBP strength since I think that it's ultimately a worse currency than the dollar. All the same problems but with not as good an economy and no reserve currency status. I also have more GBP to "protect" and prefer to keep some USD for pullbacks in the USD gold price and playing the major miners.

For sure. If you want to hedge against a dip in the price of gold/silver [more silver for me] then buy and hold cheap US dollars. It will be a waste of time sitting in pounds, Aussie dollars or the like as these currnecies will fall faster when/if the dollar strengthens and gold/silver dips.

Yen is also good or this... but is expensive at the moment.

Buyers of gold in euro, pounds and Aussie dollars could see their fortunes turn quickly around if the U.S. dollar strengthens - even if gold prices stabilizes or falls.

My brother in law bought a serious chunk of gold with kiwi dollars when that currency had seriously weakened against the dollar last year. He bought at near $2000 an ounce and now it is around $1400 :o . Even so, the bull market in gold will "rescue" him. This is a good example of why you should be careful about which currency you choose to sit in if wanting to buy gold on the dip. I doubt there would be much of a dip in pounds, better to either buy gold or convert to a better holding currency.

Hi RH

What country gives you no CGT to pay?

NZ... there is no tax on overseas earned income. I think I also have it right in regard to my bullion holding. The thing is, if capital/value is being lost in assets and currencies then how could a capital gains tax be justified? A good case could be made out that the increased nominal price only reflects a contracting, depreciating economy.

Say gold goes from $1000 to $2000. In all likelihood this just represents a currency devaluing by half. How could capital gains tax be applied to this? It would be ridiculous. Gold is here just another currency holding its value. It has not gone up in value, rather the currency it is priced in has depreciated [gone down in value].

BTW, I think I will refrain from posting on this threat until the word "trading" is removed.

I generally don't like the spin the thread gets every month by subtitles etc. that seem to encourage to trade the metal.

An acceptable solution for everyone should be to keep the title neutral from now. But I am not sure how the moderators/DrBubb see this.

If it stays like this, I might start talking to myself in a separate thread. There obviously also is the one by Steve N. now.

If I remember correctly, as long as I have been around the title has had trading in it. I wouldn't worry about it too much.... most who post on this thread are gold bugs and it is good for the bugs and then both the trading and hedging bulls to have some commerce of ideas. Personally, I think you are confusing hedging with trading.

Different strokes for different folks and all. Though I think it is useful to distinguish the main character of a thread, whether it be primarily about trading/hedging and thinking about the short/medium term, or whether it be about the long term future of gold, it would be a shame if those interested in the subject of gold "segregated" themselves into one narrowed perspective/ thread.

The original title of many previous months "Gold Investment and Trading " was inclusive and on the whole worked well.

Wasn't there a discussion about this a year ago when some went off and made trading only threads. Ker's gold and silver trading thread is still running.

Could anyone post a graph or information about inflation adjusted current gold price ? Thank you in anticipation.

With respect, the other charts that have been posted, I do believe all rely on the official CPI numbers, which I believe to be significantly wrong.

This IMO is more accurate:

GoldUS_CPI_RealCPI_Adj_2009_090316.gif

Created in April 2009.

See this thread for other charts:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=7906

sorry, but i have to register my frustration at now having about 3 'investment' gold threads and a separate trading thread. It's just not working for me :)

I think my main problemm is i just dislike having to look in >1 place; it has worked fine for the last 19 months, hasn't it?

+1