• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

A pullback in Gold from a high this week could lead to a buying opportunity in Dec. or January

I should also draw your attention to this bar chart by the Aden sisters, which shows if you are waiting for a pullback in December or January you maybe waiting in vain. IMO any pullback that happens is not going to be months long, rather a temporary thing.

gold-monthly.jpg

The ratio's are something near everyone bullish on gold can agree on.

That said, it may make sense to keep some liquidity for quite some extended period of time in the future. After purchasing some property, you will still most probably be left with the question of which currency to remain liquid in. I think gold will remain that currency for quite some time... all this talk about an "exit" mystifies me.... as if gold could get in a bubble.

If this Tungsten fakery story is true, people will rush to silver.... Even if it gains traction......If this is true...silver to 5k? It will replace Gold. Even if only foe 5 years while things are sorted

If this Tungsten fakery story is true, people will rush to silver.... Even if it gains traction......If this is true...silver to 5k? It will replace Gold. Even if only foe 5 years while things are sorted tungsten

Also remember that silver is due to disappear in 2021. IMO silver is very cheap at the moment, considering it is also an industrial metal with increasing industrial demand. Silver to 5k seems a bit to far though, maybe $250, but who knows really.

http://terresacree.org/argentanglais.htm

If this Tungsten fakery story is true, people will rush to silver.... Even if it gains traction......If this is true...silver to 5k? It will replace Gold. Even if only foe 5 years while things are sorted

I like silver too. The ratio looks a bit stubborn in the 60s though. I feel safer in gold so will swap at around 55. Yet, will make sure to keep a few ounces of silver just in case it becomes the new gold. :)

Yes, it will if currencies are pegged to gold in the end. I wouldn't worry too much about gold getting in a bubble... or looking for an "exit".

That's not to say it couldn't get a bit "frothy" in the short term. If gold shows its characteristic volatility to the downside as well

as the upside, many chasing gold up here could also be soon selling.

There is problem with pegging fiat to gold now. How will the peg work? No one trusts the banksters anymore. The last time Gold was pegged to gold we know what happened - they cheated and got caught.

There is problem with pegging fiat to gold now. How will the peg work? No one trusts the banksters anymore. The last time Gold was pegged to gold we know what happened - they cheated and got caught.

Where the bankers and economists have stuffed up, government will have to step in. Countries will welcome it if currencies and trade becomes unstable enough..... and economies stagnate. A gold peg would also enable the Yuan to "de-peg" from the dollar with both currencies then re-pegging to the new gold backed currency at the appropriate levels. The Chinese will have their stability, and though taking a haircut on their reserves, would have the greater part of them guaranteed.

That's not to say it couldn't get a bit "frothy" in the short term. If gold shows its characteristic volatility to the downside as well

as the upside, many chasing gold up here could also be soon selling.

Still holding out for a deflationary discount I see.

The new buyers are not so flighty as you think IMO. We are moving into stage 2 of this bull run where people will come to realise that currency is just paper, backed by nothing except empty promises.

Welcome to Stage Two of Gold's Bull Market

November 23, 2009 – Bull markets are marked by three distinct stages, and when gold climbed above $1,000, it only entered its second stage. In other words, gold has much further to climb in the months and years ahead.

So don’t be misled by what you may hear or read in the mainstream media and even much of the alternative media. After all, how many commentators have correctly identified gold’s bull market, now a decade old?

As Robert Blumen cogently argues: “Many of the financial media have a pronounced anti-gold bias. Of the writers and news anchors now calling gold a bubble, not only did they fail to identify the stock market bubble in the 90s or the subsequent housing market boom as a bubble, they actively promoted the excesses of those unsustainable booms, encouraging their viewers or readers to participate. For the most part, these pundits have failed to identify a rising gold price as an investment trend at any point in the past ten years (during which gold had a positive return each and every year).” Robert then goes on to observe the silly incongruity of their warnings about gold: “Witness the irony of the financial media transformed from hypesters who never saw a bubble they couldn’t promote into bubble vigilantes, issuing concerned warnings to ‘get out [of gold], now, before you get hurt.’”

There are different ways to determine relative value, and one of these is gauging market sentiment, which is what a bull market’s three stages communicate. During the first stage of a bull market, the media and most investors alike focus on past issues, rather than future potential. Over the past decade one consequently heard all the reasons not to own the gold.

An old and trusty adage says that bull markets climb a ‘wall of worry’. In gold’s first stage, there seemingly was a lot to worry about. But most of these worries were emotional in nature and not logical. Few paid attention to relative value, which is the proper determining factor when making decisions about your portfolio. Truth be told, I too was worried, but I didn’t let it keep me from accumulating gold and recommending to anyone reading my analyses to do the same.

Gold is now in its second stage, and of course, the worries don’t disappear. They never do because there are always emotional reactions that at first blush offer seemingly plausible reasons for not taking the right action. But there is a notable difference in this stage compared to stage one. Look how many people are writing and talking about gold. Gold has moved from apathy and neglect – stage one characteristics – to growing attention. But importantly, instead of embracing gold and analyzing it to determine relative value, today’s attention is one of widespread disbelief and skepticism that gold can climb higher. These are exactly the responses one should expect to emanate from stage two.

As gold climbs higher, we will eventually enter stage three. The timing of its arrival cannot be predicted, but we will know it has arrived when commentators who have been consistently wrong about gold will be telling everyone willing to listen to buy gold. But at some point in stage three when gold no longer is relatively good value, it is when I will be advising to reduce your gold holding by spending or investing it. We are, however, a long way from there, so my advice for now remains the same as it has been throughout this decade. Continue to accumulate gold. View it as your savings account. Savings are always a good thing, particularly when you are saving sound money.

Where the bankers and economists have stuffed up, government will have to step in. Countries will welcome it if currencies and trade becomes unstable enough..... and economies stagnate. A gold peg would also enable the Yuan to "de-peg" from the dollar with both currencies then re-pegging to the new gold backed currency at the appropriate levels. The Chinese will have their stability, and though taking a haircut on their reserves, would have the greater part of them guaranteed.

who is going to trust them

who is going to trust them

I think it will be a matter of necessity to restore international trade, employment, and drag the world out of depression [David Rosenberg is also saying depression now].

What could really have the economists scratching their heads, is that while it took a depression for money to come off gold, it took another one for it to go back to gold. :lol:

I think it will be a matter of necessity to restore international trade, employment, and drag the world out of depression [David Rosenberg is also saying depression now].

What could really have the economists scratching their heads, is that while it took a depression for money to come off gold, it took another one for it to go back to gold. :lol:

i think there will be a few that say show me

and also a few that take delivery

I'm going to sit and wait for my next (big-ish) purchase. I've got the dry powder for more but can't bring myself to buy at the moment into this strength.

I've a large core position, so I am 'on the boat' before it sailed. I just would like to get a few recently-acquired items of luggage on board before the coast is out of sight. :)

Ditto.

CNBC's Santelli blurts it out: Central banks suppress gold

Dear Friend of GATA and Gold:

Tin-foil hats are suddenly in fashion, with the latest one being worn by none other than CNBC on-air editor Rick Santelli, who donned his early this morning on the business news network's "Trading Block" program.

The program began as a general discussion of the markets by several investment house representatives but soon got into a long exchange between Santelli and Philip Gotthelf, president of Equidex Brokerage Group in Closter, New Jersey. Gotthelf was making the case for a much higher gold price and asserting that central banks would dread such a thing when Santelli interjected about former Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers: "Didn't Larry Summers himself write a paper, called 'Suppression,' that central banks have to keep a lid on gold for obvious reasons?"

Until today it had seemed that only the lunatic fringe -- or the exceedingly well-informed -- knew about Summers' paper, a keystone of GATA's research. Of course the paper, written while Summers was a professor at Harvard, wasn't titled "Suppression," though that well could have been its title if it ever reached paperback. No, the paper was titled "Gibson's Paradox and the Gold Standard" and it explained the historic inverse relationship between gold and real interest rates and suggested that central banks could achieve their holy grail, complete control over interest rates, if they gained complete control over their nemesis, the price of gold. "Suppression" is indeed the best single-word summary for what Summers' paper had in mind for gold, and you can read "Gibson's Paradox and the Gold Standard" at GATA's Internet site here:

http://www.gata.org/files/gibson.pdf

So now Santelli has let the CNBC audience know that gold price suppression is not only the bane of the supposedly lunatic fringe but also the very premise of the U.S. financial establishment.

Whoddathunkit? But it happened today and you can watch it, starting at about the 7:30 mark in the 10-minute, 46-second segment at the CNBC video archive here:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1339705660&play=1

CHRIS POWELL, Secretary/Treasurer

Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee Inc.

The governments have stepped in to help the banksters - as the banksters own the government this is only natural.

I don't know how a gold peg is going to work. It never worked before, not because of gold, but because of those who were supposed to maintain the peg. There is reason the founding fathers stated money had to be coined from gold or silver. It did not say money had to be pegged; in fact, they were specific about money being coined.

The governments have stepped in to help the banksters - as the banksters own the government this is only natural.

I don't know how a gold peg is going to work. It never worked before, not because of gold, but because of those who were supposed to maintain the peg. There is reason the founding fathers stated money had to be coined from gold or silver. It did not say money had to be pegged; in fact, they were specific about money being coined.

Yeah, but I think you need to look at it from an international perspective. Russia, India, China, Europe etc and then the US economy and currency within that context. A lot of discussion tends to discuss money as if it could be isolated within one nation-state [imo this is the flaw of Bill Still's program of reform].

The 19th century did perfectly well on an international gold standard. The duration of this era of globablization is pitiful in comparison and, in hindsight, was most probably just trading on "momentum" once the dollar came off gold for good.

Yeah, but I think you need to look at it from an international perspective. Russia, India, China, Europe etc and then the US economy and currency within that context. A lot of discussion tends to discuss money as if it could be isolated within one nation-state [imo this is the flaw of Bill Still's program of reform].

The 19th century did perfectly well on an international gold standard. The duration of this era of globablization is pitiful in comparison and, in hindsight, was most probably just trading on "momentum" once the dollar came off gold for good.

Globalization is an arbitrage on currencies and the collusion of government with big corporations (fascism). The only way I see anything working is if we trade directly in Gold. This could be possible with the internet; something like what Goldmoney has set up. The problem still remains those who maintain the system and those who make the laws those who maintain the system work in.

Sorry, I don't agree gold could fall out of favour, but I do feel there could be a surge from paper gold to physical. The amount of tungsten-gold is rumoured to be 60 tonnes with an approximate value of £1.39B, which is a huge amount of money for such a small market.

Incidentally, there was a video link on the hyperinflation thread that worked out if the dow:gold ratio hit 1:1 at the same time the gold:silver ratio hit 16:1 whilst using a median price $14/t oz, silver could hit $294/t oz. Silver will be hugely profitable in the future.

I loved the quote about the central bankers sewing gold into their suits...

Has MSM woken up?

Maybe time for some music with lyrics?

Come on!

Uggh!

Come on, although ya try to discredit

Ya still never edit

The needle, I'll thread it

Radically poetic

Standin' with the fury that they had in '66

And like E-Double I'm mad

Still knee-deep in the system's shit

Hoover, he was a body remover

I'll give ya a dose

But it'll never come close

To the rage built up inside of me

Fist in the air, in the land of hypocrisy

Movements come and movements go

Leaders speak, movements cease

When their heads are flown

'Cause all these punks

Got bullets in their heads

Departments of police, the judges, the feds

Networks at work, keepin' people calm

You know they went after King

When he spoke out on Vietnam

He turned the power to the have-nots

And then came the shot

Yeah!

Yeah, back in this...

Wit' poetry, my mind I flex

Flip like Wilson, vocals never lackin' dat finesse

Whadda I got to, whadda I got to do to wake ya up

To shake ya up, to break the structure up

'Cause blood still flows in the gutter

I'm like takin' photos

Mad boy kicks open the shutter

Set the groove

Then stick and move like I was Cassius

Rep the stutter step

Then bomb a left upon the fascists

Yea, the several federal men

Who pulled schemes on the dream

And put it to an end

Ya better beware

Of retribution with mind war

20/20 visions and murals with metaphors

Networks at work, keepin' people calm

Ya know they murdered X

And tried to blame it on Islam

He turned the power to the have-nots

And then came the shot

Uggh!

What was the price on his head?

What was the price on his head!

I think I heard a shot

I think I heard a shot

I think I heard a shot

I think I heard a shot

I think I heard a shot

I think I heard, I think I heard a shot

'He may be a real contender for this position should he

abandon his supposed obediance to white liberal doctrine

of non-violence...and embrace black nationalism'

'Through counter-intelligence it should be possible to

pinpoint potential trouble-makers...And neutralize them,

neutralize them, neutralize them'

Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

How long? Not long, cause what you reap is what you sow

How long? Not long, cause what you reap is what you sow

I hope the few sovereigns I have buried in the garden do grow up to be fruitful plants, bit like the Barclays ad at the moment. :lol:

Cold Turkey Thanksgiving 2009

Tuesday, 24 November 2009

Two powerful forces, paper money and gold, are now locked in mortal combat. The combatants, however, are proxies for far more fundamental forces. Paper money is a proxy for private banking and government power—and gold is a proxy for freedom.

Although that day will be one of tragedy, it will also make way for the new and better world that is to come. Give thanks for that. Life is a miracle and we are a part of it. It is not done with us yet. That much is obvious.

Buy gold, buy silver, have faith