• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Brilliant - these jokers will get me a great discount.

Igglepiggle get ready my friend.

I went short at Rick Ackerman's hidden pivot $1227, closed it out at $1205 this morning. Think I'll lay off it till after Christmas, though I've been making some decent money, the stress is consuming me.

I went short at Rick Ackerman's hidden pivot $1227, closed it out at $1205 this morning. Think I'll lay off it till after Christmas, though I've been making some decent money, the stress is consuming me.

Very nice work! Next time let me know when you go short. You or Rick have a real knack of getting the turning points right!

I went long again with 3 lots at 1186ish - all stops moved to be in profits. Now let her run to wherever she takes me!

Interesting you mention the stress levels. You really are earning your money when you take that into account.

Very nice work! Next time let me know when you go short. You or Rick have a real knack of getting the turning points right!

I went long again with 3 lots at 1186ish - all stops moved to be in profits. Now let her run to wherever she takes me!

Nice, I can't help feeling there'll be a juicier entry point. Rick A is hopeful of $1337 before Christmas so I'm probably wrong and you'll be minted.

Nice, I can't help feeling there'll be a juicier entry point. Rick A is hopeful of $1337 before Christmas so I'm probably wrong and you'll be minted.

2 of my 3 stops just got hit - small profits.

Gonna let my last one run, so hope you are right about $1337!!

EDIT: last one just got hit at 1190 - not bad for an hours work with zero stress!

Nice to see another Gold price drop getting repelled at the Chinese Wall. :)

Just bought some and going to average in more weekend/early next week.

This is 'the dip' as far as I can tell, and I don't want to stay on the sidelines through Dec-Jan - a traditionally strong period.

You bulls have been rather convincing of late :)

Down and Down she goes

Where she stops nobody knows.

http://jsmineset.com/2009/12/04/the-tempor...akness-of-gold/

9. Respectfully, this is gold so if you cannot stand the heat in the kitchen then you had better leave. Buying dollars here has no real fundamental basis other than a few days at best.

Sell Sell Sell !!!! Its doomed i tell you doomed.GET oUT NoW BEFoRE ITS Too LATE. :lol::lol::lol:

The JoBLESS RECoVERY IS NIGH!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8396542.stm

Gold price slumps as dollar strengthens

The gold price has slumped after surprisingly good US unemployment data sent the US dollar higher, making gold a less attractive investment.

Gold fell more than $76, or 6%, to $1,150 an ounce, down from a record high of $1,226.56 in early trading.

After figures showed the US jobless rate falling, the dollar gained 2% on the Japanese yen and 1.3% on the euro.

Gold has hit a number of record highs in recent weeks as the dollar weakened due to low interest rates in the US.

'Teeth kicking'

Both the dollar and gold are seen as safe investments, but investors have preferred gold in recent months due to the weak dollar.

The US has said it will maintain low interest rates for some time, which makes the dollar less attractive.

But the sudden strengthening of the dollar has now sent the gold price sharply lower.

The dollar rose on the back of data which showed that the US unemployment rate fell in November to 10%, down from 10.2% in October.

In all, 11,000 jobs went over the month - the smallest number since the recession began in December 2007. That was far fewer than the 130,000 expected by most analysts.

The dollar rose against the euro, to $1.4889, and against the yen, to 90 yen.

"So many people have piled into gold, so this pop in the dollar is freaking people out," said Matt Zeman at LaSalle Futures Group.

"The dollar is rocking and gold is getting its teeth kicked in." :lol::lol::lol:

Do you reckon they should include Gold bullion in this warning. :lol::lol::lol:

Sales tricks warning at Christmas

Some bargains are to be had in shops ahead of Christmas

The consumer minister has warned shoppers about misleading sales tactics in the run-up to the festive season.

Kevin Brennan said there were cases of retailers selling products at a higher price for a short period of time before discounting them to the usual level.

This process of "price ballooning" misled customers being attracted by half-price promotions or similar.

Government guidance says the higher price should be charged for at least 28 days.

However, the actual law remains relatively woolly, suggesting that any promotion should show a fair reflection of the price.

"We know that this sort of thing happens a lot, so I want to warn consumers to be on their guard," said Mr Brennan.

"If someone thinks that a price has been unfairly marked up, or a discount is not genuine, then they should report this to their local trading standards team who will be able to take action and stop this exploitation of consumers."

Trading standards officers suggested the tactic was used in some supermarkets.

New European regulations allow officers to tackle the issue, owing to the fact that for the first time in UK law there is a duty on all businesses not to trade unfairly.

Stephen Robertson, British Retail Consortium director general, said: "The rules are clear and shops follow them. Responsible retailers do not use underhand practices.

"They realise customers are not stupid and know when they are getting a good deal."