The program came over as a promotion for the gold for cash type places and was more of an encouragement to sell your "rubbish worthless gold that you have just kicking around" for real paper cash so you can buy a plasma as one example suggested.

The guy sold his relatives "unwanted" gold for a telly and sounded smug about it!!

He won't be so smug in a couple of years time when the telly is on the blink and his relatives aren't talking to him anymore.

Gold bubble in the UK? I don't think so!

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

No doubt 2010 will see public participation, but I think we're probably a couple of years away from a mania phase. That comes when Jeremy Vine is conducting interviews and most of his callers are warning people that they'll 'miss the boat'. It's going to be fascinating to sit back and watch this.

Yep, I shall be quietly selling my goldshares for a nice cheap house - everyone will think I am mad as nobody will be touching real estate with a barge pole.

Its an unfair war full of easy battles against a flock of stupid sheep this investing lark- still mustn't grumble.

No doubt 2010 will see public participation, but I think we're probably a couple of years away from a mania phase. That comes when Jeremy Vine is conducting interviews and most of his callers are warning people that they'll 'miss the boat'. It's going to be fascinating to sit back and watch this.

In my opinion public participation is a long way away. People are more interested in buying rubbish. This past week has been an eye opener, the sheer number of shoppers buying useless stuff for low low prices is beyond belief. The only way these people will learn is when they wont be able to buy food with the paper. It seems the real effects of the financial crunch has not hit common man yet.

In my opinion public participation is a long way away. People are more interested in buying rubbish. This past week has been an eye opener, the sheer number of shoppers buying useless stuff for low low prices is beyond belief. The only way these people will learn is when they wont be able to buy food with the paper. It seems the real effects of the financial crunch has not hit common man yet.

When sheeple unbelievably have not realised even yet what a total charade their so called leaders are they are doomed!!!

ATT000461010.jpguntitled1.jpguntitled5.jpgimage021-1.jpg

They wont realise anything until its to late they will need to see these signs from their MISleaders first.

debt-star.jpground_table05_01.jpgbomb.jpg

Good Luck in 2010!!!!

G0T G0LD!!!!!

"The Illuminati bankers rule the world through debt, which is money they create out of nothing. They need world government to ensure no country defaults or tries to overthrow them. As long as private bankers, instead of governments, create money the human race is doomed. These bankers and their allies have bought everything and everyone." - Henry Makow

All this talk of bubbles mystifies me. I don't think gold is in a bubble because I don't think it can become a bubble... not in an increasingly unstable macro environment in which free-floating unfixed currencies are also caught up.

Maybe those buying gold should be working with a "five year plan" or so in mind. It could take a while for the fundamentals [a kind of "Hegelian logic"] to work itself out in the market. Gold looks likely to remain "the other side of the trade" to the economy, so as long as investors continue to see a recovery, the gold price might decline a bit. When the next wheel falls off and investors react to the realities of the "new normal", gold, along with other major currencies, will likely spike again.

In the long run, gold will likely come out on top, as it will most probably be utilized as an integral component to a new currency required to stabilize the global economy. This could take years to work out.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

All this talk of bubbles mystifies me. I don't think gold is in a bubble because I don't think it can become a bubble... not in an increasingly unstable macro environment in which free-floating unfixed currencies are also caught up.

Maybe those buying gold should be working with a "five year plan" or so in mind. It could take a while for the fundamentals [a kind of "Hegelian logic"] to work itself out in the market. Gold looks likely to remain "the other side of the trade" to the economy, so as long as investors continue to see a recovery, the gold price might decline a bit. When the next wheel falls off and investors react to the realities of the "new normal", gold, along with other major currencies, will likely spike again.

In the long run, gold will likely come out on top, as it will most probably be utilized as an integral component to a new currency required to stabilize the global economy. This could take years to work out.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

My two year plan ended last year and I'm now implementing my new two year plan. :P

My two year plan ended last year and I'm now implementing my new two year plan. :P

Yep, with a long term plan in mind, you can buckle up and enjoy the roller coaster ride. No point in getting too excited on moves up, and then too worried on the moves down... that would soon get exhausting. :lol:

Yep, with a long term plan in mind, you can buckle up and enjoy the roller coaster ride. No point in getting too excited on moves up, and then too worried on the moves down... that would soon get exhausting. :lol:

I must admit my new two year plan isn't much different than my old two year plan. I do plan to ditch much of my sterling as I feel inflation will start to pick up after Q2.

I know this has been done to death but how are other people diversifying? Anyone doing anything different this year?

I must admit my new two year plan isn't much different than my old two year plan. I do plan to ditch much of my sterling as I feel inflation will start to pick up after Q2.

I know this has been done to death but how are other people diversifying? Anyone doing anything different this year?

In the late winter or spring I hope to sell some gold and then maybe in the summer buy some gold/silver stock indices or stocks.

So, of course, I'm hoping for a new high in gold from Feb to May and that gold/silver stocks drop prior to my purchases. I may get one of those, both if I'm lucky.

Much like wren, im planning to sell some gold late winter early spring but I will wait till summer and buy back in hopefully increasing the ounces. I will still hold my core position and silver.

In the late winter or spring I hope to sell some gold and then maybe in the summer buy some gold/silver stock indices or stocks.

So, of course, I'm hoping for a new high in gold from Feb to May and that gold/silver stocks drop prior to my purchases. I may get one of those, both if I'm lucky.

er......you're selling physical and buying paper ? :unsure:

Sticking to the game plan of diverse currencies:

Earning currency is Korean Won

Native currency is Kiwi dollars

Reserve currency is the dollar

Speculating currency is silver

Saving/ accumulating currency is gold.

Wildcard is Yen.

er......you're selling physical and buying paper ? :unsure:

Yes, but only a limited amount, selling only up to 20% of the gold holding. Stocks might do better in the late phase of the bull market, but paper is more risky.

Does anyone know where one can get (free) historical charts of the price of gold in a variety of currencies.

I've been using kitco which seems to be overly dollar centric.

Click on a currency on the main kitco page at the bottom and it opens up a separate graph then just click on the currency you require.

Is there another good gold buying opportunity coming up?

Looking at the USDX in conjunction with the 18-year housing/business cycle then there is a definite fractal pattern that happens around the time of the primary recession (1974/75, 1991/92 and 2008/09). It also ties in with my assertion that this move in the dollar is not a major change in trend (MACD/Stochastics on the monthly charts still say this) but a counter-trend rally (still a long way from getting near a golden 50/200-day EMA cross on the daily chart)

So the current move looks like a 50% retracement (as happened in the other two fractals) before a re-test of the prior lows and I'm expecting this counter trend dollar rally to maybe extend to 81.7 before re-testing the prior lows of April 2008 in the months ahead and breaking through. Louise yamada was talking about 60 for the dollar index and the current P&F chart still has a bearsih price objective of 63:

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.pnf?...,P&listNum=

The 50% retracement to 81.7 is very close to 81 which has previously been an important support, so this could now act as resistance IMO. I see 81 as being a layer of ice - the dollar fell under the ice in 2007 and managed to briefly climb back onto the ice in late 2008/early 2009 before falling back in again.

Now that it's below the ice again it's a lot weaker and will come up and hit the 81 area (where gold should be it's lowest) before falling even lower. :)

20-year USD chart at bottom

The pound ceased to be the worlds reserve currency in 1944 towards the end of world war II and the last few years of the Kondratieff winter. The UK was heavily in debt and it's empire was crumbling - the US now had the largest gold reserves.

A similar point in the current Kondratieff winter will be around 2015 - does it work like this?

'The dollar ceased to be the worlds reserve currency in 2015 towards the end of it's wars in the Middle East and the last few years of the Kondratieff winter. The US was heavily in debt and it's empire was crumbling - China now had the largest gold reserves'

Does anyone know where one can get (free) historical charts of the price of gold in a variety of currencies.

I've been using kitco which seems to be overly dollar centric.

Here are some longer term charts:

http://gold.approximity.com/since1885/ (USD, GBP)

http://gold.approximity.com/since1968/ (USD, GBP, EUR)