it's not the worth that bothers me, it's the truth.

RH has only ever made one bad trade...apparently, even then he only lost $1-$2 <_<

The best of propfessional traders would be happy with that record.

The $1 or $2 dollar loss referred to the price of silver... the difference between exit and re-entry. Wasn't that obvious?

I will not post the record of the transaction as that would effectively give away my net worth [calculable percentage wise from information posted here]. It astounds me that you ask. :lol:

I do not consider myself a short term professional trader [i work for a living]... more a long term trader/ hedger/ investor.

As for a moment of truth... more like a moment of paranoia. :lol:

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

The $1 or $2 dollar loss referred to the price of silver... the difference between exit and re-entry. Wasn't that obvious?

I will not post the record of the transaction as that would effectively give away my net worth [calculable percentage wise from information posted here]. It astounds me that you ask. :lol:

I do not consider myself a short term professional trader [i work for a living]... more a long term trader/ hedger/ investor.

As for a moment of truth... more like a moment of paranoia. :lol:

you can easily do that just by talking about percentage values, rather than actual net worth RH.

pick a factor at random, either a multiplier or divider for your total net worth, and simply paste in all the trades using this

*hidden* factor

it's very easy to cut'n'paste all your trades then use this *hidden* factor replacing your actual net trade worth. This would take someone like yourself (who seems tyo like pasting lot's of trading data & charts etc), under an hour surely ?

I see you have now edited the yesterdays reply with a bolded bit stating "the silver price"

I can't remember seeing that bit yesterday & as the topic was locked so no-one could reply. I assumed you changed that bit late last night or early today?

edit - I am not sure if people are aware of this, but this board software allows admins to change posts without altering the timestamp. You can even edit posts without showing an 'edited' statement so it appears as if posts have never been edited. I appreciate that there is a time limit for normal posts where this option is available, but there is a time limit. iirc the normal edit without showing an 'edited' statement is 30 mins ?

can any admin person clarify the above words please?

I see you have now edited the yesterdays reply with a bolded bit stating "the silver price"

I can't remember seeing that bit yesterday & as the topic was locked so no-one could reply. I assumed you changed that bit late last night or early today?

I edited it straight after I saw your subsequent post .. where you comically thought I had lost a whole one dollar on the trade. :lol:

As for why it is locked, I don't know... maybe another moderator thought it would be best for posts on gold to be posted on the new thread.

Dude, you are starting to sound delusional.

I edited it straight after I saw your subsequent post .. where you comically thought I had lost a whole one dollar on the trade. :lol:

As for why it is locked, I don't know... maybe another moderator thought it would be best for posts on gold to be posted on the new thread.

ah, you forget I am an IT bod. I also had access to hpc software (same softwrae as this site as it happens) & I know all the functionality that IS possible. ;)

no worries on the edit thingy then, let's move on... ;)

some words from swampy for you RH:

'Obviously nobody wants or needs to know RH's net worth - we don't need to know if he is playing with a few WON converted into toilet paper DOLLARS or YEN or POUNDS, or a few MILLION name your pieces of TP (like Bubb) - what RH owes the forum is an explanation for all his miraculous trades - after all, RH has just declared that he has only ever made one trade in his life that has turned sour (GOM's words: since edited & appears that RH meant only one silver trade had lost him money) - so all RH has to do is document all his currency and metals trades since he opened his GoldMoney account - after all, everything is on record there so it is not quite telling the truth when RH says he can't remember exactly what his trades were, average buy in price etc etc etc, currency swaps etc etc etc - it obviously is all in the GM history file. One last thing - RH has declared for a very long time now that he has kept 30pc of his net worth in toilet paper currencies (please see the chart in the link below), whilst most is in silver bought at circa $12 an oz - this means that RH has missed out on the one third profit upleg that silver has made in recent times - so, RH has made the second worst trade of his life, that is, not being part of the silver bull run-up from $12 to $18 - this means that RH, by staying in toilet paper, has failed to maximise his earning potential in metals - he has lost a huge opportunity cost profit play, lost out very badly indeed. Of course RH can post all his trades here direct from the GM archives so that we can all see exactly how his trading strategy works - it is all in his GM personal archives, every buy and sell of metals and currencies, with dates and commissions charged by GM, so why should RH suddenly be so shy about his gains, when he has been boasting day in day out for so long here about what a wonderfully astute trader he is?

Vedanta Trader - as you very well know there is a huge difference between boasting about net worth (which Bubb does all the time) and

boasting about wonderful infallible trading strategies - this is RH's opportunity to tell us all EXACTLY how he has done it. He doesn't need to name precise amounts, all he needs to do is spell out the percentages, the currency values, and the metals buy and sell values etc etc. Very simple indeed.

The problem RH has though is that none of his claims will stack up in reality, as double-agent, IRS, myself, and many others have noticed. the ball is in RH's court now.'

a nice chart for you RH ;)

I locked the last thread to encourage people to use this thread instead (or we end up with parallel threads going on which makes life difficult to follow things).

Nothing suspicious about it and I wouldn't have bothered except posts were made to the last thread after I asked everyone to use the new one.

'Obviously nobody wants or needs to know RH's net worth - we don't need to know if he is playing with a few WON converted into toilet paper DOLLARS or YEN or POUNDS, or a few MILLION name your pieces of TP (like Bubb) - what RH owes the forum is an explanation for all his miraculous trades - after all, RH has just declared that he has only ever made one trade in his life that has turned sour (GOM's words: since edited & appears that RH meant only one silver trade had lost him money) - so all RH has to do is document all his currency and metals trades since he opened his GoldMoney account - after all, everything is on record there so it is not quite telling the truth when RH says he can't remember exactly what his trades were, average buy in price etc etc etc, currency swaps etc etc etc - it obviously is all in the GM history file. One last thing - RH has declared for a very long time now that he has kept 30pc of his net worth in toilet paper currencies (please see the chart in the link below), whilst most is in silver bought at circa $12 an oz - this means that RH has missed out on the one third profit upleg that silver has made in recent times - so, RH has made the second worst trade of his life, that is, not being part of the silver bull run-up from $12 to $18 - this means that RH, by staying in toilet paper, has failed to maximise his earning potential in metals - he has lost a huge opportunity cost profit play, lost out very badly indeed. Of course RH can post all his trades here direct from the GM archives so that we can all see exactly how his trading strategy works - it is all in his GM personal archives, every buy and sell of metals and currencies, with dates and commissions charged by GM, so why should RH suddenly be so shy about his gains, when he has been boasting day in day out for so long here about what a wonderfully astute trader he is?

Vedanta Trader - as you very well know there is a huge difference between boasting about net worth (which Bubb does all the time) and

boasting about wonderful infallible trading strategies - this is RH's opportunity to tell us all EXACTLY how he has done it. He doesn't need to name precise amounts, all he needs to do is spell out the percentages, the currency values, and the metals buy and sell values etc etc. Very simple indeed.

The problem RH has though is that none of his claims will stack up in reality, as double-agent, IRS, myself, and many others have noticed. the ball is in RH's court now.'

It really does boggle the mind why you lot are so interested (or should I say obsessed) with RH. All these childish, ganging-up, playground attacks are really something. I'm sure most GEI readers are mature enough to read and come to their own conclusions, so trying to show the truth and convert those to your side is frankly lame This is not war, its just an internet forum. Life is too short for all this 'he said she said' bunk.

I locked the last thread to encourage people to use this thread instead (or we end up with parallel threads going on which makes life difficult to follow things).

Nothing suspicious about it and I wouldn't have bothered except posts were made to the last thread after I asked everyone to use the new one.

It would be good if in the OP you put a link to the end of the last thread.

So people can check the previous posts easily.

ok sylvester, thanks for that. :)

Just because you put a smiley at the end of each post, doesn't mean it will be taken as a friendly comment. RH or anyone else's trades are none of your business.

It wasn't long ago that you were upset by distasteful pictures posted at GEI, your recent posting style is seen in the same vein by me.

just call me realistbear :P

i smell a bit of vi and spin here....

so although there is 'no need for gold', “China should have the right attitude about investing in gold" (bad journalism)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-b...article1427998/

Sovereign wealth fund strategist also argues gold is too expensive and says China may raise interest rates before U.S. does

Aileen Wang and Simon Rabinovitch

BEIJING — Reuters Published on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2010 6:52AM EST Last updated on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2010 7:14AM EST

An investment strategist at China's $300-billion (U.S.) wealth fund said the world's third-largest economy now had a say in the exchange rate of the U.S. dollar, which it expects to rise while the yen should fall further.

The comments by Peng Junming, who works in the asset allocation and strategic research department at China Investment Corp, triggered a rally in the U.S. dollar.

“I think the dollar is at its bottom now. There will be very limited space for the dollar to drop further,” he told an academic forum. “The yen is what, I think, has the worst outlook. The yen will continue to drop, unlike the dollar, which will not serve for long as a source of funding carry trades.”

The U.S. dollar rose more than half a yen close to 92.40 yen on the news, then pared gains after Mr. Peng said his speech at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences reflected personal views. The euro slid against the dollar and gold dropped before rebounding slightly.

The market reaction to Mr. Peng's comments shows the sensitivity to clues on how China and its state fund view the markets.

“A U.S. government official recently said that the dollar is ours but the problem is China's. But China now has a voice in influencing the dollar's exchange rate and the interest rate on U.S. government debt,” Mr. Peng said.

“Although the dollar belongs to the U.S., China has a role to play in determining the dollar's exchange rate.”

No Need for Gold

Mr. Peng noted that China's stash of dollars enabled it to influence commodities markets. Commodities like oil are priced in dollars and the prices tend to move inversely to the dollar.

“We can weigh down or push up the dollar exchange rate, which will have an impact on the global commodity futures market.”

Mr. Peng was explicit in his view on gold: “China should have the right attitude about investing in gold. There is no urgent need for China to increase gold buying for now, because prices are high.”

He defended U.S. Treasury investments, arguing they had offset losses in stocks and helped swell currency reserves in 2007 and 2008.

About two-thirds of China's reserves, the largest stockpile in the world at $2.27-trillion, are estimated to be invested in dollar assets.

Lou Jiwei, CIC's chairman, has been careful not to say much about how the fund invests its money. In October 2009, he said the fund was putting more money into commodities, real estate and infrastructure to hedge against medium- and long-term inflation and a fall in big currencies.

Mansoor Mohi-uddin, currency strategist at UBS in Singapore, said sovereign wealth funds are returning to prominence after losing influence during the financial crisis.

However, private sector U.S. portfolio managers have the ultimate say on the dollar, he noted.

“The portfolios of both sovereign wealth funds and central banks globally remain dwarfed by U.S. asset managers. It is the latter, as the largest holders of dollars in the world, who will continue to determine the ultimate direction of the greenback,” he said note to clients.

Turning to interest rates, Mr. Peng, who previously worked in the New York office of the Chinese central bank, said he expected that both the United States and China would raise rates in the second half of the year.

Many in the market have assumed that China will wait for the United States to raise rates before doing so out of fear that a bigger rate differential will attract speculative capital, adding more money to the Chinese economy already awash with cash.

But Mr. Peng said that the People's Bank of China may have to move first to raise rates in order to combat asset bubbles at home. Officials have repeatedly warned that property prices are rising too rapidly, but so far have relied largely on land and tax policies to calm the market.

China Investment Corp. was set up in late 2007 with $200-billion hived off from the foreign exchange stockpile, with a mandate of seeking higher returns than the more cautious reserve management agency.

Thanks largely to investments in domestic banks, its assets under management reached $300-billion at the end of 2008.

Chinese media have reported that CIC might be in line to receive as much as $200-billion extra from the foreign currency pot.

Mr. Peng said he had heard that the government will probably give CIC more money to manage, but that the size of the capital injection was unclear.

Fair enough, but bad manners get my goat.

There was me thinking it was you who was complaining!!

like I wrote.

I enjoy the crack.

I never put people on ignore as I think it is a sign of ignorance.

Just coz I don't agree with someone doesn't mean I won't listen to to what they have to say.

Me too.

I don't see these posts from GOM etc. as 'crack' - they're just unpleasant and add nothing.

I think you maybe a bit sensitive.

RH deserves bit of a ribbing and GOM is the man for the job.

We are all grown ups here.

I think of unpleasant as stepping in a pile of dog sh*t not reading a few words on t'internet.