Well I have gone and done it - I've sold some silver. I just couldn't face selling some gold so I went for the other option. Sure, its probably too early to sell but this offer is just perfect for my circumstances. Actually most of this silver came from a ratio swap I did in december 08 so was very profitable and all good. C'est la vie. :)

Good luck with your new land purchase F. As my brother-in-law, who has a small farm, says; "My land is my gold!" ;)

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Well I have gone and done it - I've sold some silver. I just couldn't face selling some gold so I went for the other option. Sure, its probably too early to sell but this offer is just perfect for my circumstances. Actually most of this silver came from a ratio swap I did in december 08 so was very profitable and all good. C'est la vie. :)

Where are your rice paddies, Fortune? Or was that a euphemism? I am thinking about a few paddies at this very moment. No euphemism.

No euphemism - its the real deal. I'm living out in a province about 3.5 hours from Seoul (in the middle of Korea) with the missus. Even though I already live on a small patch of land (about 2 acres) I wanted to buy some more to be completely off grid. Not quite reached that goal yet but I'm getting there...

Since the climate and the environment supports rice farming, that was where I wanted to focus on. Just having a patch of field is not enough to grow a varierty of crops (for instance, rice paddies need an area with a constant supply of water) nor is it enough to be energy independent. I'm still looking for forestry to accumulate wood burning trees because firewood can be sustainable (if you cut them the right way); plus other energy alternatives still seen too pricey to me.

As I keep repeating over and over again, shiney lumps of metal is not enough: you also need a Plan B and this is my Plan B. Not that I would recommend living in Korea because the cultural difference can be overwhelming at the best of times (and I have lived here for years). Just as long as most folks have their own idea of independence from the 'system' then that is good for me. After all, isn't buying gold and silver sticking two finger up to the governments and powers-that-be of this world? I'd like to think so.

No euphemism - its the real deal. I'm living out in a province about 3.5 hours from Seoul (in the middle of Korea) with the missus. Even though I already live on a small patch of land (about 2 acres) I wanted to buy some more to be completely off grid. Not quite reached that goal yet but I'm getting there...

Since the climate and the environment supports rice farming, that was where I wanted to focus on. Just having a patch of field is not enough to grow a varierty of crops (for instance, rice paddies need an area with a constant supply of water) nor is it enough to be energy independent. I'm still looking for forestry to accumulate wood burning trees because firewood can be sustainable (if you cut them the right way); plus other energy alternatives still seen too pricey to me.

As I keep repeating over and over again, shiney lumps of metal is not enough: you also need a Plan B and this is my Plan B. Not that I would recommend living in Korea because the cultural difference can be overwhelming at the best of times (and I have lived here for years). Just as long as most folks have their own idea of independence from the 'system' then that is good for me. After all, isn't buying gold and silver sticking two finger up to the governments and powers-that-be of this world? I'd like to think so.

Sounds great, Fortune! I only asked because I am in japan in a similar situation to yourself by the sounds of things. I've got plenty of wood but am looking for paddies at the moment. Maybe we should start a collective not so local cohesive community. :lol:

Are paddy fields there sold in set measurements/yield like here? A standard field will yield you about 300kg's which is enough to feed a standard family for a year. You use Japonica rice I suppose-the short grained sticky stuff? I wonder how costs compare for rice fields. A tsubo here (3.3msquare will cost about 3500-5000 yen). Or it is now easy to rent a field or two. A good option maybe?

Anyway good luck out there! It's nice to have a neighbour nearby :lol:

Sounds great, Fortune! I only asked because I am in japan in a similar situation to yourself by the sounds of things. I've got plenty of wood but am looking for paddies at the moment. Maybe we should start a collective not so local cohesive community. :lol:

Are paddy fields there sold in set measurements/yield like here? A standard field will yield you about 300kg's which is enough to feed a standard family for a year. You use Japonica rice I suppose-the short grained sticky stuff? I wonder how costs compare for rice fields. A tsubo here (3.3msquare will cost about 3500-5000 yen). Or it is now easy to rent a field or two. A good option maybe?

Anyway good luck out there! It's nice to have a neighbour nearby :lol:

Thanks :) Tsubo is the equivalent of pyeong which is the same measurement (3.3m square). Land prices vary wildly in Korea: if you want anything near a big city (especially Seoul, Busan, Daegu) then expect to pay around the same price (5000 yen = 62000 won). However where I am is dirt cheap which is about 10000 won per pyeong (less than 1000 yen) mainly because its location (almost in the centre of the country) and demographics (huge retired population, one of the highest in the country) - so basically its no fun for young people. Just like Japan, Korea is facing its own demographics time bomb especially in the countryside. From my perspective its great: there is no 'hoodie' problem, people are generally polite and civilised. Its the kind of life where you don't want to be bothered by anyone.

I'm not sure how renting land works in Korea, but I'm sure its a fairly straightforward process. The one thing I would say is if you are not married to a local or possess a Korean passport it is an almighty amount of hassle to own or do anything in Korea. In fact I would say don't even bother. I have a feeling its probably the same in Japan. Homogenous culture and all that.

In terms of rice yield, I haven't reached the stage where I can say how much yield you could get from a single patch. I grew some last year and the yield was less that 60% - which is pretty crap. I'm still learning though...

Well anyways good luck with your efforts!

Irony: Andrew Jackson On a Federal Reserve Note

by John Rubino on January 9, 2010

Karl Golovin, a retired customs agent and security director for Ron Paul’s presidential campaign, just forwarded a transcript of Andrew Jackson’s farewell address. It’s pretty amazing. Here’s Karl’s intro, followed by an excerpt:

“During his presidency, Andrew Jackson viewed as his crowning achievement that he “Killed the Bank,” the 2nd Bank of the U.S. Our current ‘Federal Reserve,’ created in 1913, is the 3rd Bank of the U.S. Jackson was intent upon restoring an honest, Constitutional monetary system. There probably never has been written a more articulate, prophetic vision of what calamity would befall our nation if we did not diligently stay that course, as argued by Jackson in the following excerpt from his farewell address in 1837. It reads as if written this very day about our present financial circumstances:”

for more............

http://dollarcollapse.com/articles/irony-a...l-reserve-note/

http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.net/forum/...x.php?id=234287

gold-12_image002.jpg

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S GOLD? ITS ALL GONE

by Il_Bagattel, Friday, January 15, 2010, 07:08

Remember a few years ago when the Rothschilds suddenly and inexplicably

walked away from their 200 year seat on the London Fix?

Here is an article, written by an American, that is so damning that nowhere in the media could it get published but in Pakistan. When this story broke, it was played as though there were just a few fake gold bars floating around out there.

Not so, it seems.

Fake gold bars in Bank of England and Fort Knox

It’s one thing to counterfeit a twenty or hundred dollar bill.

snip

But what about gold? This is the most sacred of all commodities because it is thought to be the most trusted, reliable and valuable means of saving wealth.

A recent discovery — in October of 2009 — has been suppressed by the main stream media but has been circulating among the “big money” brokers and financial kingpins and is just now being revealed to the public. It involves the gold in Fort Knox — the US Treasury gold — that is the equity of our national wealth. In short, millions (with an “m”) of gold bars are fake!

Who did this? Apparently our own government.

Background

In October of 2009 the Chinese received a shipment of gold bars. Gold is regularly exchanges between countries to pay debts and to settle the so-called balance of trade. Most gold is exchanged and stored in vaults under the supervision of a special organization based in London, the London Bullion Market Association (or LBMA). When the shipment was received, the Chinese government asked that special tests be performed to guarantee the purity and weight of the gold bars. In this test, four small holed are drilled into the gold bars and the metal is then analyzed.

Officials were shocked to learn that the bars were fake. They contained cores of tungsten with only a outer coating of real gold. What’s more, these gold bars, containing serial numbers for tracking, originated in the US and had been stored in Fort Knox for years. There were reportedly between 5,600 to 5,700 bars, weighing 400 oz. each, in the shipment!

At first many gold experts assumed the fake gold originated in China, the world’s best knock-off producers. The Chinese were quick to investigate and issued a statement that implicated the US in the scheme.

What the Chinese uncovered:

Roughly 15 years ago — during the Clinton Administration [think Robert Rubin, Sir Alan Greenspan and Lawrence Summers] — between 1.3 and 1.5 million 400 oz tungsten blanks were allegedly manufactured by a very high-end, sophisticated refiner in the USA [more than 16 Thousand metric tonnes]. Subsequently, 640,000 of these tungsten blanks received their gold plating and WERE shipped to Ft. Knox and remain there to this day.

According to the Chinese investigation, the balance of this 1.3 million to 1.5 million 400 oz tungsten cache was also gold plated and then allegedly “sold” into the international market.

Apparently, the global market is literally “stuffed full of 400 oz salted bars”. Perhaps as much as 600-billion dollars worth.

snip

The revelations of fake gold bars also explains another highly unusual story that also happened in 2004:

LONDON, April 14, 2004 (Reuters) — NM Rothschild & Sons Ltd., the London-based unit of investment bank Rothschild [ROT.UL], will withdraw from trading commodities, including gold, in London as it reviews its operations, it said on Wednesday.

Interestingly, GATA’s Bill Murphy speculated about this back in 2004;

“Why is Rothschild leaving the gold business at this time my colleagues and I conjectured today? Just a guess on my part, but suspect something is amiss. They know a big scandal is coming and they don’t want to be a part of it… [The] Rothschild wants out before the proverbial “S” hits the fan.” — BILL MURPHY, LEMETROPOLE, 4-18-2004snip

http://www.daily.pk/fake-gold-bars-in-bank...ort-knox-14477/

They don't want to be a part of it indeed. I will carry the speculation a step further and posit that most of the purloined gold wound up on the market to suppress the price of gold and was acquired by agents of the Rothchild's, on the cheap, at the bottom. This goes also for the Brit's gold that Gordon Brown dumped at the bottom of the market. This gold now sits in secret Rothschild vaults awaiting the day when the lid blows off the price and bits of it will be symbolically presented to "back" the new NWO funny money... which will be controlled exclusively by the Rothschilds. Neat trick, eh?

MI5-badge.jpg

Combining Alf Field's EW counts with Martin Armstrong's timing:

ewtemplate.png

Armstrong sees consolidation beginning from March / April, lasting until October 2010. The monster rally we have all been salivating for could begin from October 2010 all the way through to June 2011. That price target is $3500 or 2200 GBP. The bull will end in 2016, a year after the implementation of a new global monetary system (NWO?) in 2015. The real action begins now. Better hold on.

;)

I'm waiting on the RealistBearContraIndicator, any sign of it yet?

Poor RB ,he's actually a pretty good poster over on HPC

but his Gold predictions couldnt be worse if he tried

not a peep at the moment tho

$1093 at the moment , If it drops below $1050 I think I'll ask him

for some advice

Are we getting "piped into the market" yet?

Gold down again

GLD looks like it wants to test support at about GLD-$105

I think it might break that, but I have put in a few Call orders which should fill at $105.

(More to go, but I want a small position, at least.)

I am watching GDXJ, which is on support already now at $24.35

It looks like it will break.

What are the Aggressive-Gold-Bugs* (AGB's "AgeyBee"'s) saying? Are they buying yet?

== ==

*AgeyBee's - like Sinclair and his ilk

Does anyone here recall the level at which India bought its Gold?

We may see some decent support kicking it at that level.