• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Bottom's in people! :D $1082.1 at about 3pm today!

RBCI © says so!

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=135233

Big Market Shift Imminent As Gold Bulls See 30% Drop

Realistbear

Posted Today, 02:47 PM

When the (serious) bulls start to run summat's up:

http://finance.yahoo...l?tickers=MIDSX,NEM...set=&ccode=

"Global liquidity is tightening a little bit and that's usually bad for a hard asset such as gold," says Thomas Winmill, manager of the Midas Fund. "If we see fiscal disciple [and] monetary discipline in the U.S., I would say we might see gold go back to its marginal cost of production, which is about $800 per ounce," nearly 30% below current levels.

The movie clip is bone chilling. Good summary the sentiment shift and tightening credit that is going on.

Bottom's in people! :D $1082.1 at about 3pm today!

RBCI © says so!

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=135233

Big Market Shift Imminent As Gold Bulls See 30% Drop

Realistbear

bought some more today.

had some EUR piling up and very nearly bought yesterday. the RBCI was just the nudge I needed.

No. He says that gold will fall to below US252.60 if the wave labelling ACCORDING TO Fibonacci Percentage Retracements (which paint a strong picture of terminal moves are correct). They have been correct to date. He goes on 'IF gold began a new bull market in 2001' then gold should fall 'at mininum' to US 681 and silver to US 8.97, their 2008 lows.

Geez I have no idea why folks listen to these aggressive gold bears (AGGOBEE). All caveated to hell so that no matter what happens they will be "right yet again". Once again Stewart Thomson sums it up in his own inimitable style.

Attention all gold bear deflationists: If YOU believe the Dow is going to blow out the lows, of course you have already gone to the bank and taken out all your money. Right? You have moved to a bunker and are armed with a large gang of family members who are also armed. You know that if you are correct, the whole show shuts down. What's that? You think you can have Dow 300 and Gold 200 and collect on your bullcrap SP500 put options and bank stock shorts while the world lights on fire? Get real. Forget the nonsense that your magical predictions can work so you get rich while the world blows up. If your scenario plays out, you'll be ripped to pieces and literally eaten by cannibal street gangs long before you collect on your options. If prices go into a deflationary spiral, everything shuts down. It's all finished and so are you. You'll be starving to death along with everyone else. Dow 300? Gold 200? The last thing the Gman will do at that point is honour your toilet paper t-bills. However, common sense dictates that there is no way Ben "Printing Press" Bernanke is going to stand there and watch the deflationist price scenarios play out. Not in a BILLION YEARS. He's going turn his USD toilet paper photocopier onto hyperdrive if the deflationist scenario begins to dominate, and he's been very very clear about that

2014 would 'probably' be a major bottom. And thus buying opportunity of our lifetimes. So rh's strategy of keeping some powder dry would be wise to say the least and those 'all in' would be weeping buckets.

Again Mr Stewart has some words worth a listen:

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/thomson_...n_s_011910.html

Mentally, when you are all-in or all-out of an asset class, you can become "broken" when price goes against your analysis. This will happen to the dollar bugs to the point that many become suicidal, and many will actually kill themselves, or so I believe, unfortunately for them. When you hold a contrary asset class position, you may be surprised how little a position is needed to take your mind off any decline in your larger gold positions.

I believe today is a litmus test day for most of the gold community. A dollar rally has a high chance of being near at hand, perhaps even being here and now. The question is whether you once again start running to the garbage can and throwing your gold in there. That's exactly what the banksters want you to do. Because as soon as you all start dumping on weakness, you create a wave of downpricing, and the banksters buy all you fail and bail on. If you leave gold now, gold will leave you in the dust. All you are doing is selling a small amount of gold to "test the waters" but crushing the majority of your gold if you do that. Let's see who has wisdom and who wants to put another notch of failure in their investment gun, who wants to put on a gold clown mask and dance in front of the banksters to entertain them. Buy the dollar, yes. Sell your gold, no. Or you will crush yourself.

I believe today is a litmus test day for most of the gold community. A dollar rally has a high chance of being near at hand, perhaps even being here and now. The question is whether you once again start running to the garbage can and throwing your gold in there. That's exactly what the banksters want you to do. Because as soon as you all start dumping on weakness, you create a wave of downpricing, and the banksters buy all you fail and bail on. If you leave gold now, gold will leave you in the dust. All you are doing is selling a small amount of gold to "test the waters" but crushing the majority of your gold if you do that. Let's see who has wisdom and who wants to put another notch of failure in their investment gun, who wants to put on a gold clown mask and dance in front of the banksters to entertain them. Buy the dollar, yes. Sell your gold, no. Or you will crush yourself.

fire6jx.jpg

says Thomas Winmill, manager of the Midas Fund. "If we see fiscal disciple [and] monetary discipline in the U.S., I would say we might see gold go back to its marginal cost of production, which is about $800 per ounce,"

Probably true, but it's a virtually inconcievable "if".

Gold and silver are holding up surprisingly well. This is a fakedown if they can't beat silver below 17. The real financial apocalypse begins on April 16 (Armstrong's turn date) - gold and silver will test the major lows from that point on. I think. But what do I know? :)

Ignore EW with respect to gold, they think it's just a commodity, silver on the other hand...

He says his own Elliot Wave analysis suggested that gold will fall below US$ 252.60. A very bold call on the market.

No. He says that gold will fall to below US252.60 if the wave labelling ACCORDING TO Fibonacci Percentage Retracements (which paint a strong picture of terminal moves are correct). They have been correct to date. He goes on 'IF gold began a new bull market in 2001' then gold should fall 'at mininum' to US 681 and silver to US 8.97, their 2008 lows.

When?

2014 would 'probably' be a major bottom. And thus buying opportunity of our lifetimes. So rh's strategy of keeping some powder dry would be wise to say the least and those 'all in' would be weeping buckets.

I must admit to having been frustrated by Prechter in the past but I think he has nailed himself up there on the cross in the latest Theorist to be either utterly derided and castigated to hell or recognized as the new messiah. THAT is a very bold call.

If I had to put my flag in any camp the I would go with Gordon, Sinclair and Alf Field. But it would be sods law for Prechter to now be right on his barron calls through the last 9 years. He is often early on his calls and this fact rings alarm bells in my head. It would seem that if we are headed now for a general 3 of C wave down in 2010-2011 then that will be the signal he is right on gold and that will be time to dump gold and silver hoping to meet up with them again in 2014 at the bottom.

I guess we'll have to see. His dollar call so far is looking good for this year as everything else is going to hell faster. I leave you with a chilling quote.

' It am sure this will sound irresponsible in most quarters, but it appears to me that this is the last chance for heavily invested bulls to get out of gold and silver...the next phase of the credit collapse will affect all investment prices, gold and silver included, even more severely than in 2008'.

Art or Science, you had better be forewarned of possible blackholes in your portfolio. I recommend subscribing to the Theorist at minimum. (Doesn't help sleeping at night though).

Gold and silver are holding up surprisingly well. This is a fakedown if they can't beat silver below 17. The real financial apocalypse begins on April 16 (Armstrong's turn date) - gold and silver will test the major lows from that point on. I think. But what do I know? :)

silver at 16.71 right now.

Or neither, just yet? Falling knife and all that. Or maybe just a tad of both, funny how dips look irresistable after waiting a while.

I have just started to "average in" to gold on this dip as I think it should remain relatively strong. I'll also look to start averaging in to silver on this dip if the ratio against silver continues to deteriorate, which I imagine it will. All up, I'm thinking of splitting my dollar reserve funds at GM between silver and gold over the next few weeks. Very timely dip I must say.

Also raising dollars at BV.

I have just started to "average in" to gold on this dip as I think it should remain relatively strong. I'll also look to start averaging in to silver on this dip if the ratio against silver continues to deteriorate, which I imagine it will. All up, I'm thinking of splitting my dollar reserve funds at GM between silver and gold over the next few weeks. Very timely dip I must say.

Also raising dollars at BV.

I haven't stopped averaging in either, but I have slowed the amount I average in at-esp in gold. But still chipping away. It seems foolish to be holding the Yen bag for too long. I am holding onto my dollars as Prechters call here seems straightforward sense to me. Probably at least till Autumn if not longer. Long term, dollar bear of course, in due course after everything else, so no hate mail please dollar haters. :lol:

All up, I'm thinking of splitting my dollar reserve funds at GM between silver and gold over the next few weeks. Very timely dip I must say.

Dont you see dollar rising and pm's sinking a little more, a little longer? Perhaps keeping your powder drier for longer would be good advice (your own advice after all) notwithstanding your problems at GM.

All up, I'm thinking of splitting my dollar reserve funds at GM between silver and gold over the next few weeks. Very timely dip I must say.

Dont you see dollar rising and pm's sinking a little more, a little longer? Perhaps keeping your powder drier for longer would be good advice (your own advice after all) notwithstanding your problems at GM.

Good points. Ideally, I would like to hang onto a good solid dollar position, which I had previously assumed I could do at GM. The development at GM is good anecdotal evidence how policy, politics and regulation can affect your strategy and the playing field very quickly. I'm not concerned too much about what's transpired, best just to stay flexible and modify your strategy [no point wasting time and energy on things beyond your control]. For me, it is quite a hassle to pull my dollars out of GM [varying countries and currencies involved, not to mention bank charges] so will put this money into gold/silver on this timely dip. This just about puts me in the "all in" club. Because of this, I'll look to over the next few months raise dollar funds again .... this time at BV [there is no time limit on holding currencies there] and deep trade [infrequently] silver/ dollars on the big moves when they come. Since I will have most of my liquid worth in bullion, I will be aggressively dollar bullish at BV. The aim will be to trade silver and dollars looking to accumulate dollars. Same overall strategy, just modified a little due to changes I couldn't have foreseen at GM.

Edited