For those missing your favorite goldbugs, I'm going to fill in for them:

<cygno>Gold doesn't fall in price, the cartel suppresses it</cygno>

<narco>Great buying opportunity</narco>

<goldfinger>I'm using this as an opportunity to fill up with [fill in implausible figure as appropriate]</goldfinger>

Given the number of times goldfinger claims to have "filled up" on gold he's either the real Goldfinger or an internet fantasist.

:lol:

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Oh I get it! When gold's going up, you're not allowed to talk about it, but when the price falls, that's an entirely different matter...

What The Heck Just Happened In The News? Gold Just Went From 987 To 967!

Why didn't they just tell us that they're now getting paid to bash gold?

See how The Oldie's getting stuck in there with plenty of bearish news releases and all because of a bit of profit taking. Dread to think what they'll be like during the next intermediate term correction.

Best thing on the site and they remove it. Unbelievable!

Well, it was the one thing that kept the site really interesting for me, but only with it in the main forum. Otherwise I can as well post here on a gold thread, and have a more peaceful life since I don't have to respond to all those 'useless relic' etc. kind of posts.

It got really scary when they instantly removed all my posts, locked all threads and even deleted all my PMs!!! I did not offend anyone! I used no 4-letter words. Nothing. Still, full force Gestapo methods were applied.

EDIT: People can not even send me PMs over there anymore. This is just so ridiculous. Why are they so afraid of me? :lol::D

Yes, I thought that might cheer everyone up...

GF, you can always respond via this site and GHPC. I'm sure someone will be kind enough to relay your message back to those at HPC.co.uk...

It's appreciated. But anyone who wants to write me can do it on here.

They think they have won this battle and gold is about to tank into obscurity. They think the bubble has burst.

The only bubble that has burst is the fiat bubble that was created in 1971.

Just go the the main HPC forum right now. The top post at the moment is a gold thread!

I am laughing my @rse off. :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

See how The Oldie's getting stuck in there with plenty of bearish news releases and all because of a bit of profit taking. Dread to think what they'll be like during the next intermediate term correction.

cg and Impartial seem to give them contra. :rolleyes:

Just go the the main HPC forum right now. The top post at the moment is a gold thread!

I am laughing my @rse off. :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Its a complete joke isn't it. :lol:

I smelt something fishy a while ago when they moved a few of your threads into bizarre sub forums. Now they've revealed their true colours.

Its a complete joke isn't it. :rolleyes:

I smelt something fishy a while ago when they moved a few of your threads into bizarre sub forums. Now they've revealed their true colours.

The good thing is I PMed almost every active gold poster BEFORE I posted publicly what I would do. But I guess they started sniffing around my PMs and then blocked it all. As I said, Gestapo or Stasi methods.

Anyway, cg just posted this one here. Sometimes I really wonder why he puts up with all this.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...&start=1860

This is the mark of the derivative beast.

http://www.forbes.com/home_europe/markets/...4markets34.html

Citi Needs A Money Fix, Quick

Maurna Desmond, 03.04.08, 3:10 PM ET

Citigroup's stock is plunging after a prominent Middle-Eastern investor announced that the biggest bank in the U.S. needs a significant amount of new capital to get by. To make matters worse, experts are saying that cash from sovereign wealth funds won't be enough to get America's largest bank back on its feet.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080304/citigroup.html

Citi Falls on Worries About Cash Levels

Tuesday March 4, 3:03 pm ET

Citi Drops on Cash Level Concerns; Bank Says It's Not Seeking More Capital From Funds

NEW YORK (AP) -- Citigroup shares sank about 6 percent to their lowest level in more than nine years, as stockholders recoiled at forecasts of more losses at the troubled bank and comments from a Middle East fund executive that Citi must raise more cash to stay in business.

Its a complete joke isn't it. :rolleyes:

I think a few people are smarting about having missed out. Now the can see all the predictions coming true even faster than most expected. It's like that bit at the end of Bullseye, "look at what you could have won".

That's gotta hurt.

Funny to see that over at hpc today they are getting all excited about what is basically a nice, that-time-of-the-day smackdown. One or two gold bulls are still posting over there, but I don't think I'll bother. A couple of my posts got deleted when they deleted the last couple pages of that old gold thread - and a little joke of mine I was rather pleased with. I never broke any rules, wasn't rude, on the contrary I was trying to be conciliatory. :rolleyes:

Anyway, they'll probably lose the possibility of a balanced perspective with the loss of posts to here.

On the price: I'd like to see some good consolidation anyway, with plenty of sideways action.

I just don't get it. Why would they do that? Theres cleverly worded messages being posted in the forums at HPC directing interested peeps to this site. I agree with you Goldfinger, might as well be here if its not in the main forum at hpc. In the main forum it was easily accessible to newbies, like myself who would not have thought about gold otherwise.

Prices are going up everywhere. Petrol, food, building materials etc. On radio four today they were trying to explain the reasons and guess what, they did not say that the money was devaluing or high inflation but said its the weather, demand from China bla bla. Now when I see that petrol & commodities have gone up I know that pressure is on gold to go up too. So bring it on.

I think a few people are smarting about having missed out. Now the can see all the predictions coming true even faster than most expected. It's like that bit at the end of Bullseye, "look at what you could have won".

That's gotta hurt.

:rolleyes: Oh well, they will hurt much more in the coming years (IHMO).

They talk about Buffetts pension piece on http://www.jsmineset.com/ today. Now, I've read this yesterday already, and the thing most astonishing to me is that Buffett talks about the Dow having to go over 2,000,000 in 2100 and stuff like that, and the kind of returns needed for that (and how unrealistic blablabla), but HE NEVER EVER ONCE MENTIONS INFLATION in this context. These number he quotes are totally irrelevant if one does not know what inflation is going to be. We could have Dow at 2,000,000 next year if they print a little more.

Well, it was the one thing that kept the site really interesting for me, but only with it in the main forum. Otherwise I can as well post here on a gold thread, and have a more peaceful life since I don't have to respond to all those 'useless relic' etc. kind of posts.

It got really scary when they instantly removed all my posts, locked all threads and even deleted all my PMs!!! I did not offend anyone! I used no 4-letter words. Nothing. Still, full force Gestapo methods were applied.

EDIT: People can not even send me PMs over there anymore. This is just so ridiculous. Why are they so afraid of me? :rolleyes::lol:

Do you think it would have happened it the price of gold had collapsed back to the $600 level? Now it seems obvious that the current price of gold is consolidating around the upper $900 range the sentiment from those not holding gold has changed towards us gold investors. Should gold go to the levels predicted even by the more conservative gold bugs then we should expect a lot of hate coming our way.

If some of those with STR funds or saving for house deposits had put some of their cash into gold they would have done quite well. Still its not so much that gold has gone up in value, it is that their fiat cash bank balances have lost purchasing power against gold, oil, corn, bread etc..

Regarding this smack down, it looks no worse than any other dip since the beginning of the year. Looks like it could go down to £15500kg. I think the next time it rises again it will clear $1000. Do you think we will see strong growth like we saw 14/12/07 - 11/01/08 without correction again soon?

Oh I get it! When gold's going up, you're not allowed to talk about it, but when the price falls, that's an entirely different matter...

What The Heck Just Happened In The News? Gold Just Went From 987 To 967!

Why didn't they just tell us that they're now getting paid to bash gold?

I read that thread. It is quite amazing to me how uniformally utterly CLUELESS thay all are - apart from Impartial and maybe one or two others. :rolleyes::lol: :lol:

Do you think it would have happened it the price of gold had collapsed back to the $600 level? Now it seems obvious that the current price of gold is consolidating around the upper $900 range the sentiment from those not holding gold has changed towards us gold investors. Should gold go to the levels predicted even by the more conservative gold bugs then we should expect a lot of hate coming our way.

Maybe you are right and this is really more about these kind of things. Lots of emotions around gold, quite funny that.

They think they have won this battle and gold is about to tank into obscurity. They think the bubble has burst.

The only bubble that has burst is the fiat bubble that was created in 1971.

They are Utterly CLUELESS :rolleyes::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regarding this smack down, it looks no worse than any other dip since the beginning of the year. Looks like it could go down to £15500kg. I think the next time it rises again it will clear $1000. Do you think we will see strong growth like we saw 14/12/07 - 11/01/08 without correction again soon?

Who knows? :rolleyes: I still think we could see $1,000 in March. If Bernanke gets more bearish and they cut a lot, it could easily happen if the Cartel doesn't throw the last bars they have against it. I am patient. I might be buying, but want to see how it's doing overnight and tomorrow morning.

Such a potty mouth, STC. Look what she writes behind my back. Totally moronic. :rolleyes: People just can't appreciate if you think that some other things will do well as well, but you're most bullish on ONE thing.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...st&p=998919

Another interesting thing to note that when asked on SEVERAL occasions, Goldfinger most notably could not name ONE SINGLE SOLITARY other investment idea or strategy he has ever come up with in his entire life-if that doesnt tell you anything about this current 'gold bull' and the clowns on that particular bandwagon and 'in it for the long term' then nothing will. It's screaming danger alright-to GET THE FVCK OUT of any gold holdings you have/had wink.gif