It didn't mean much to me when gold rocketed up to $2000 in the NZ dollar price [my native currency] a while back [now at 1600 or so] because it was only reflecting a weakened currency due to international capital flow.

no, a far more probable cause is the the fact that the NZ Gov't/Central Bank pissed away US$9 bil (US$3000 for every single person in New Zealand) propping up the US Dollar via currency swaps.

see 2 min 27 sec:

currencyswaps.gif

CommodityPrice3.gif

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Are you aware that DF aka "Frizzers" posts here as Cuthbert Calculus?

I read this last week in a MoneyMorning by Dominic Frisby whch was the decider for me in which way the market will go.

http://www.moneyweek.com/investments/preci...rice-01306.aspx

We all know that Dominic is a long term gold bull, but given those remarks and from what I have read by him in the past and what has happended, $1,400 gold is now a goer.

Are you aware that DF aka "Frizzers" posts here as Cuthbert Calculus?

Oh yes, but he's not a frequent poster. I never heard a thing from him when I commented on his encounter with PCSO Nolan.

Nothing against DF, but when he sweats a bit about gold/target price I feel more comfortable. Also like yourself, warpig, I believe with everything in tilt, seasonal gold is now obsolete, so an April end date is not the end of it, if it does not hit $1.4K in 4 weeks time, it will soon thereafter. Dominic will not have to wait 18 months whilst gold consolidates etc.

If Cuthbert Calculus does see this, then all I can say is "Calm down dear". :lol:

fullZZZZZZTVN090104104234PDC.jpg

I think we're going to see fireworks towards the end of this year and I suspect we are less than 24 months from the bottom of this crisis. If you own gold at whatever price, looking back in a year from now, I honestly believe you'll wish you bought more at these prices.

Got gold? :unsure:

Oh yes, but he's not a frequent poster. I never heard a thing from him when I commented on his encounter with PCSO Nolan.

Nothing against DF, but when he sweats a bit about gold/target price I feel more comfortable. Also like yourself, warpig, I believe with everything in tilt, seasonal gold is now obsolete, so an April end date is not the end of it, if it does not hit $1.4K in 4 weeks time, it will soon thereafter. Dominic will not have to wait 18 months whilst gold consolidates etc.

If Cuthbert Calculus does see this, then all I can say is "Calm down dear". :lol:

I think we're going to see fireworks towards the end of this year and I suspect we are less than 24 months from the bottom of this crisis. If you own gold at whatever price, looking back in a year from now, I honestly believe you'll wish you bought more at these prices.

Got gold? :unsure:

I agree with you. My reasons for holding now as opposed trading in and out are, notwithstanding the short squeeze-leverage scare/CFTC news/potential Bond collapse/currency collapse/sovereign debt/ possible hyperinflation etc...''if you buy gold and silver now, you'll have it. If investors worldwide begin to panic into hard assets, locking up supplies, if governments ban gold sales, if gold and silver prices go through the roof, you won't be stuck entirely in paper currency. You will already own something that everyone else wants.''

If either goes down then I will just be able to buy more for less, and should it go down I am confident it will bounce back strongly. I remember how difficult it was to secure gold and silver last deleveraging scenario. If dealers had it they just wacked up the premiums. The demand for physical was tremendous.

But good luck to anyone trading in and out. I can't put my insurance on the line so easily which means I might miss out on huge opportunities but I sleep well at night...most of the time.

Gold needs to keep up momentum here - looking (hoping?) to see it cross $1150 in the next day or two. Then we are on for testing the $ high.

I'm always banging on about seasonality, but I am increasingly feeling that 2010 may well be different with a decent or strong performance possible this summer, perhaps even with a new $ top in the next month or so.

Well, some were calling for a decline to 3 digits while others were looking for gold to go to new heights. Looks like the April fools was on most as gold has consolidated in the "no-mans land" of 1100.

Gold looks to be at a crossroads here..... will it rocket, consolidate, or track sideways this month.....

crossroads1.jpg

Link to last month's thread:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....st&p=161426

Gold has built up a solid floor at 1080 - 1120. I think it still holds some surprises and we could see it strengthening to 1400 by October. This is in line with one of the scenarios that Armstrong spelt out in his essay on Gold last fall.

Is it de rigueur on GEI to post pictures of rockets? I'll show some restraint for now, but this is looking like a mini-moonshot. Gold just can't help spiking whenever I'm about to make my monthly gold purchase. If anyone would like to know the date and time in advance, there's an opportunity for a nice arbitrage play on my misfortune.

Damn this bank holiday weekend for slowing down my bank transfer to GoldMoney..

Some reckon that options expiry day (around the 26th) is a good time of the month to buy as gold often dips for that. This is useful if you are a monthly buyer. Of course, in any given month who knows?

Gold has built up a solid floor at 1080 - 1120. I think it still holds some surprises and we could see it strengthening to 1400 by October. This is in line with one of the scenarios that Armstrong spelt out in his essay on Gold last fall.

Short of the equity markets falling off the cliff again, gold looks pretty solid at this level. Even if it did decline on another round of deleveraging, it would no doubt bounce back quickly. I'll be averaging in a little at the end of each month... while keeping a dollar reserve back just in case. I wonder if it might not be until 2011 before we see fireworks again though. On the gold time-line, not too far off.

ll.gif

Gold needs to keep up momentum here - looking (hoping?) to see it cross $1150 in the next day or two. Then we are on for testing the $ high.

I'm always banging on about seasonality, but I am increasingly feeling that 2010 may well be different with a decent or strong performance possible this summer, perhaps even with a new $ top in the next month or so.

$1150 breached.

Hmmmm what we need....rhymes with pocket, socket and Lord Brockett

Hi All,

Things certainly getting interesting again out there, and thank god for the sensible comments and links coming back to prominence here. A couple of months back it was more like a kids playground...

I am still materially exposed to junior miners at this time. What are the views on the impact on them in a US/global bond crisis? Is it worth selling some now to come back in after an initial stock correction/crash? A got hit on the miners by the 08 corrections pretty badly, but held, and despite a very strong bounce back am still only just approaching the levels of my initial investment. Price action in a number of the stocks has been particularly strong in the last couple of days (GCU jumping nearly 100% on Tuesday before falling back a little) but I'm not sure whether this will be sustained strength or a mini blow off top??

Any fellow holders out there with an opinion? (or non holders for that matter)

Hi All,

Things certainly getting interesting again out there, and thank god for the sensible comments and links coming back to prominence here. A couple of months back it was more like a kids playground...

I am still materially exposed to junior miners at this time. What are the views on the impact on them in a US/global bond crisis? Is it worth selling some now to come back in after an initial stock correction/crash? A got hit on the miners by the 08 corrections pretty badly, but held, and despite a very strong bounce back am still only just approaching the levels of my initial investment. Price action in a number of the stocks has been particularly strong in the last couple of days (GCU jumping nearly 100% on Tuesday before falling back a little) but I'm not sure whether this will be sustained strength or a mini blow off top??

I've always thought a repeat was on the cards [of '08] which is why I've kept out of all stocks. Some are even calling for gold to go to 600 odd [check out this weeks goldseek radio with Steve Hochberg]. Personally, I suspect gold will hold up a lot better this time [if we do get deleveraging round 2] due to its burgeoning status as an alternative currency.

I'd consider buying mining stocks after a bout of deleveraging.

Or this.......??... back to the thin blue line?

lng.gif

Touche ;)

Hmm, that possibility had crossed my mind. Bubb's comments about low volume on Gold would also favour another correction in the short term. It is possible (perhaps likely) the pattern fails, but this is why I see 1161.80 as a key level to watch? Actually, on a sort of related note, I was wondering (Cf. Bubb's trading thread) about the timing of the recent conspiracy stories on Gold and Silver. I'm not 100% sure, but was there not a similar hype around May or June 2008, right before the big "take down"? I'd have to go back and check. But that could also fit with your "back to the thin blue line" scenario.

Anyway, Ross Clark's charts seem to suggest that Gold is on the verge of going bubble. According to his analysis, the 1100 level is key to watch on the downside. I suspect it won't take that much longer for this moment of maximum entropy to resolve itself one way or another.

My advice is don't sell anything now, there is nothing to suggest that gold will behave the same as it did in '08. Even if it did, it will rebound quickly and you won't run the risk of missing the biggest gold run in history. Why worry about percentage gains when we all know we will be talking about multiples of the original investment in the not too distant future.

Hi All,