are the dates of gold option expiry, according to my calculations

(December is a bit of a guess - dont understand trading holiday arrangements over festive period)

40202459.png

Can anyone confirm? I've used this rule

A gold futures option shall expire at the close of trading four business days prior to the end of

the month preceding the option contract month; provided, however, that (1) if such day is a Friday,

the expiration date shall be the preceding business day or (2) if such day is the day immediately

prior to an Exchange holiday, the expiration date shall be the preceding business day. In the event

that the official Exchange holiday schedule changes subsequent to the listing of a Gold futures

option, the originally listed expiration date shall remain in effect. In the event that the originally

listed expiration day is declared a holiday, expiration will move to the business day immediately

prior.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Note that Gold rose about six-fold the first eight years into the bull market (it began in 1970). Ultimately it rose 25-fold. The Nasdaq from 1982 to 1992 advanced about four fold. Ultimately it rose 29-fold. The Nikkei advanced less than three fold from 1970 to 1978. From 1970 to 1990 it gained 19-fold. Gold is nine years into its bull market and has advanced less than five fold. See a pattern here?

I am already 'up to me guts' in the yellow stuff so am certainly biased but I like that paragraph above.

Anyone expecting a dip before prices increase again. Im the steam roller type of gold bug :rolleyes:

A colleague of mine bought his first bit of gold today. The gold bank tried to discourage him from buying saying the price was high at the moment. I asked him how much gold he owned... needless to say he bought.

Personally, I think you can only really afford to wait for a dip if you are comfortable with the amount of gold you already own. My comfort level lies above 50% of my worth. Even then, I'm buying a bit at these levels. When it gets too expensive - relative to wages - I'll no doubt have to take up fossicking for a living. <_<

When it gets too expensive - relative to wages - I'll no doubt have to take up fossicking for a living. <_<

I suppose I would be wasting my time in suggesting that when it gets too expensive you turn your attention to... poor man's gold? :lol:

I think many already have gone that way and that may help keep the price of silver going. I heard silver eagles in the US are proving extremely popular.

I suppose I would be wasting my time in suggesting that when it gets too expensive you turn your attention to... poor man's gold? :lol:

I think many already have gone that way and that may help keep the price of silver going. I heard silver eagles in the US are proving extremely popular.

I got a bit of the physical back home... but I don't put silver in the same boat as gold. Gold is in a class of its own. I mean, have you ever heard of anyone fossicking for silver? :lol:

I got a bit of the physical back home... but I don't put silver in the same boat as gold. Gold is in a class of its own. I mean, have you ever heard of anyone fossicking for silver? :lol:

rh. You have lost the joker from your sig. cash was your old, old joker, now cash is queen and silver has been relegated completely. i think you need a new punchline. (No, I can't talk).

rh. You have lost the joker from your sig. cash was your old, old joker, now cash is queen and silver has been relegated completely. i think you need a new punchline. (No, I can't talk).

Yeah, I thought it could be interpreted as disrespectful to silver. I like silver, I just don't put it in the same class as gold. How about "Gold King, Silver Queen, and the dollar [worth] Jack? :rolleyes:

Edit: liked the original better. v

My comfort level lies above 50% of my worth.

You must be on better medication than me RH.

I'm circa 70%, & still peeved the other 30 isn't in the yellow stuff.

OK, make that 29%, as I still need fiat for the wine ............. at the moment.

You must be on better medication than me RH.

I'm circa 70%, & still peeved the other 30 isn't in the yellow stuff.

OK, make that 29%, as I still need fiat for the wine ............. at the moment.

Not to worry....what I find is that the percentage tends to look after itself... with higher prices it morphs into a larger percentage all of itself. :lol:

I'm not really seeing it.

After scouring the technical schools in search of some pattern recognition for the above phenomena, I finally decided to classify it myself. I called it the "Cheshire's Grin". :rolleyes:

The way I look at it, a consolidation is always healthy... plus it would enable me to continue buying longer with my meagre income.

Not to worry....what I find is that the percentage tends to look after itself... with higher prices it morphs into a larger percentage all of itself. :lol:

Agreed, that has been one of this week's small pleasures.

Here is another http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article19074.html

It almost makes up for my recent pension 'increase'. :)

Don't want to be a wet blanket but I find the similarity between these two stunning:

then [2008]

goldthen.gif

now

goldnow.gif

While "averaging in" with income, will be keeping a decent recerve back [in dollars].

Whatever RH if it works for you, you have my support <_<

Remember that 2008 period very well, shorted the yellow stuff down from 800, filled my boots at close to 700 and converted the paper to physical, then locked it all away... I can feel a song coming on :lol: