This inovideo backs up what you are saying but I disagree

http://www.youtube.com/user/inovideos#p/u/3/Hmmf3Qu0gUg

When the gold price hit 1220 last November, I was never conviced that the rally had completed its move. I was looking for 1400+. I just get a gut feeling that we may see a further significant move up from here. To support this. it appears to me that the upward price momentum has been steadily building over the last few weeks ready for a blow off top imho

Soemthing else i dont agree with is the tendency for economists to quote the dollar index as a indicator for the future price of gold. As this is a ratio of one fiat currency against a basket of other fiat currencies which are all being debased, then there is no reason to my way of thinking that gold cannot rise alongside a strengthening dollar

<edit> just seen post 36 which you make the same point

Just my opinion and worth every penny that you paid for it! :)

That's the guy with the idea of gold building a consolidating "energy field" over a year or so before breaking out to a new level right. I was thinking something similiar a while back. Being obsessed with inverted triangles, I applied this pattern to the long term price of gold. This prediction has served me well so far ...... though it is suggesting that gold will come back a bit here. If the Euro zone settles down a bit I think it will.

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....st&p=157784

long2.gif

After the previous spikes, gold has taken a year or so to work itself out of a consolidating inverted triangle.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Good analysis RH, I agree with you, and am buying dollars at the moment with £ monthly savings.

Can't stomach buying into the current strength of the GBP price of gold

Cheers. Doing the same... with the added speculation of buying "slippery" silver with my dollar holding if it goes on a bender.... then sell back to dollars after a reasonable gain. Have to wear my dollar bull hat for this. Keener to buy and hold/ accumulate gold 'cos the price is "stickier".

:huh: Well, this is exciting. Watching gold head up now past EUR 900 and heading up to GBP 800.

I'm glad I listened to this place and drip fed in. I'm a small guy, don't have much to my name but

have been able to buy an ounce every few months - gone without and had the appearance of a

big time scrooge.

Best I can hope for is half an ounce every few months now, or switch my attention to silver.

My (income - cost of living - other commitments) dictates I'm priced out of ounce gold purchases now - unless I can find a bank to borrow from ;) .

Re CID being out of stock of Krugerrands - my feeling is that as this is the most common one ounce bullion coin, I would assume that CID have certain reserves in order to fulfill orders promptly. That they are out of stock, indicates unusually heavy buying.

Interested in others comments on this.

Government bonds are being exposed for what they are... worthless. The bonds are backed up by the ability of the state to tax the workers to pay the coupons. As Greece is proving -- the people have the power - not the state. Of course, like all mafia families, when their rackets are threatened they band together, hence the bailout for the Greek government and banks.

There are going to be two classes of people... those who have some gold coins and those who wish they did.

Up to 1190... then straight down to 1168. Silver back to 17.90

I wonder if this could morph into something bigger here with investors increasingly nervous about sovereign debt.

This looks like panicked herd behaviour - veering one way with certainty then suddenly changing direction with equal determination.

This looks like panicked herd behaviour - veering one way with certainty then suddenly changing direction with equal determination.

Isn't this our dear friends who are concerned about fiat stability acting as soon as they reached the office? :unsure:

Careful Laura - such talk will get you labeled a conspiracy loon :lol:

One merely noted the time of the event in relation to the NYSE opening.

These folk do a grand job, I'm not knocking them; I have an inheritance due :rolleyes:

The rises of the last few days have been plain daft.

I mean, honestly who wants the equivalent of their years pension in just two days? - It's a nonsense. Gold is silly :P

Re CID being out of stock of Krugerrands - my feeling is that as this is the most common one ounce bullion coin, I would assume that CID have certain reserves in order to fulfill orders promptly. That they are out of stock, indicates unusually heavy buying.

Interested in others comments on this.

I think they've been out for a while and there only seem to be 2010 maples and buffalos but Eagles seem available in different years.

Physical could well be getting scarce.

Came to my senses last week and cashed in my indexed linked savings certs (nearly out of sterling altogether now)

Bought some physical this morning and put a bit in to bullionvault. Fully expecting a takedown now!

The 1st krug I ever bought was £406. I think today they were £815! thats deflation for ya!

Came to my senses last week and cashed in my indexed linked savings certs (nearly out of sterling altogether now)

Bought some physical this morning and put a bit in to bullionvault. Fully expecting a takedown now!

The 1st krug I ever bought was £406. I think today they were £815! thats deflation for ya!

Also to add - last time I bailed out of an investment was when i had all worth in icesave. I moved it all out a few weeks before they went belly up. I wonder if the same will happen with GBP?!

Krugs @ £815, thats nothing, get a fractional bullion coin stick in a plastic capsule and today it sold for £1610 an ounce, wow !!!!!

1/10 eagle 2007

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...STRK:MEWAX:IT1q

Would be grateful if someone could test BV for me It is not opening my account. Is this a general problem or am I getting special treatment :lol:

workin' ok for me. Strike that. The account button does nothing. Market's looking a bit thin :D

it's a bit worrying.. still a few physical ounces makes ya feel better.