In GBP terms its making new highs.

However, we need to see gold in $ to breakthrough 1200 with volume IMHO, or else we could get a double (some say triple) top and flight to USD.

Currently spot is at 1197. Tomorrow's close will be important.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

It's getting serious. Is anyone selling into this rally? It seems every time I refresh my GoldMoney balance I make more than my daily wage :)

Imo, this is the blow off to 1200-1220. I think on the next manic swing, we're staying above $1,000 now.

It's getting serious. Is anyone selling into this rally? It seems every time I refresh my GoldMoney balance I make more than my daily wage :)

Imo, this is the blow off to 1200-1220. I think on the next manic swing, we're staying above $1,000 now.

This is not a Gold rally...It's the paper stuff you once called money collapsing!

You take your profit then what...pray it goes back down?

lock-and-load

We are in the third gold war since the Second World War – the US (and other western countries/institutions, notably the IMF) lost the first one in the late-1960s to the French and the second one in the late-1970s to the Arab nations. In the report, I’ve used declassified documents from the US State Department to show how on those occasions the US authorities believed they could defy economic gravity right up until the moment when they were overtaken by events, how they falsified economic data to support the dollar and how they negotiated secret deals to stop other governments buying gold. Food for thought I think

This is not a Gold rally...It's the paper stuff you once called money collapsing!

You take your profit then what...prey it goes back down?

Don't you think there's some sense (in principle at least) of selling some gold when it looks peaky and then buying back more gold when it's looking... erm... troughy? :)

Some people seem to be of the opinion that it's utterly crazy to sell any gold ever presumably because it might continue upwards (with many a 'on your own head be it'), but isn't that the exact mirror of deciding not to sell some gold and it goes downwards? It's possible to 'lose out' either way -- selling/trading or holding.

To my mind, the ultimately idea is simply to make more 'money' or more 'value' (where that may be to end up with more gold). What's your goal?

Only if you simply love gold and you want to keep it and stroke it and polish it does it never make sense to sell any.

To come at it from another angle: due to its volatility, when gold rises from, say, 1000 to 1200, if you could straighten out the saw-tooth way it got to 1200 by trading some of the volatility, it's grown by much more than just 20%.

If you had a 'more often right than wrong' approach (or even just a knack) of trading some of that volatility to your advantage, why wouldn't you?

Don't you think there's some sense (in principle at least) of selling some gold when it looks peaky and then buying back more gold when it's looking... erm... troughy? :)

Some people seem to be of the opinion that it's utterly crazy to sell any gold ever presumably because it might continue upwards (with many a 'on your own head be it'), but isn't that the exact mirror of deciding not to sell some gold and it goes downwards? It's possible to 'lose out' either way -- selling/trading or holding.

To my mind, the ultimately idea is simply to make more 'money' or more 'value' (where that may be to end up with more gold). What's your goal?

Only if you simply love gold and you want to keep it and stroke it and polish it does it never make sense to sell any.

To come at it from another angle: due to its volatility, when gold rises from, say, 1000 to 1200, if you could straighten out the saw-tooth way it got to 1200 by trading some of the volatility, it's grown by much more than just 20%.

If you had a 'more often right than wrong' approach (or even just a knack) of trading some of that volatility to your advantage, why wouldn't you?

In theory you're right its just the practice thats difficult... :rolleyes:

Gotta laugh, there was an RB contra-indicator a few days ago on HPC.

Never fails. We really ought to give him some sort of commission

My copper short more than doing it's job. Was looking for a target for the dollar index but I think that's all out the window now.

Look at gold over the last 5 years and the sensible approach feels like buy and hold. I sold some when it looked toppy at euro 27,200 but now look at it!

There she blows........

post-1632-1273174983_thumb.jpg

Once the $1224 last high is taken out any bets on the target for this run?

Jim Sinclairs $1278 or $1369?

Long and strong people.......this could get messy! ;)

SafeBetter

As a Eurogold investor I am looking to sell some GLD at some point. Eurogold has gone parabolic.

This is not healthy.

Any guess where approximately is the top?

EUR 10,000/oz could be a good guess. I mean, wait for Spain and the rest to get into trouble too. :) The sky is the limit, or not even (to da moooon).