• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Double top? This is the moment of truth.

If if goes through 1230, sky is the limit.

I would prefer it to correct down from here, as I sold 6% of my position (reduced it to 89%)..

A bet that I would be glad to lose.

Let's hope there's a country worth owning a house in at the end of it.

& flights out of where it's not wise to be when you decide to jump

Oddly enough, I've been thinking (albeit just a bit) about exactly that lately. I've had BV gold for quite a while now, but I'm starting to wonder whether to supplement it with some physical so at least I can buy the family tickets out of here if things get too silly.

sjiff

Why are you all so keen on big 1oz coins instead of sovereigns which have more gold per unit of fiat?

Good point - my take on it is that people are buying significant amounts (say 100 plus ounces) and 1oz coins seem more sense than four times as many Sovs - or it may just be that The 1oz coins are in shorter supply and ran out earlier.

Anyone else got any theories?

Guest Dramatic Exit
Why are you all so keen on big 1oz coins instead of sovereigns which have more gold per unit of fiat?

We'd mostly been getting gold 1/4oz, 1/2oz or smaller coins (and bullino) before. Our first 1oz (a Maple) arrived today from CID. No particular reason, though it is very pretty.

+1

I'm a bit concerned one day I'll attempt to log on and the site will be gone :blink:

Oddly enough, I've been thinking (albeit just a bit) about exactly that lately. I've had BV gold for quite a while now, but I'm starting to wonder whether to supplement it with some physical so at least I can buy the family tickets out of here if things get too silly.

sjiff

I did read an internet rumour that they would exit the Euro at some point next week, but I dismissed it as nonsense... It seems premature for Germany to leave the Euro even if they secretly wanted to, it's probably just a mistake, the Euro would collapse if Germany left.

OK, could someone please explain to me why Kitco have a link waiting to be activated pricing gold in german DM's???

http://www.kitco.com/market/dm_charts.html

Ramifications please, if Germany exits the Euro??

I did read an internet rumour that they would exit the Euro at some point next week, but I dismissed it as nonsense...

How long will the industrious states support the others. Might see a split, and a "hard" Euro and a "soft" Euro at some point.

gold up 1238

I did read an internet rumour that they would exit the Euro at some point next week, but I dismissed it as nonsense... It seems premature for Germany to leave the Euro even if they secretly wanted to, it's probably just a mistake, the Euro would collapse if Germany left.

Could this be linked to the German PM's dealer selling out of all stock?

OK, putting the implausibility of the Germans leaving the Euro aside, if they did (a big "if" I know), ramifications please for GBP and PM's.

JL