And so the European private banks win the overnight battle with the Central Banks again: after shorting the EURUSD all the way to almost 1.25, they have forced the European Central Banks to buy ever more of their worthless Government bond holdings. Reuters reports that overnight CBs have been aggressive buyers of Greek, Portuguese and Irish Sovereign (if there is such a laughable concept as sovereign any more) bonds, which in turn has forced a quick short covering spree in the EURUSD and the EURJPY, which in turn has forced futures to go from 10 handles down to up 4. In other words, Central Banks now are fighting tooth and nail to prevent the market from going down ever again. To all the shorts out there- you are no longer taking on merely the Fed, now you have every money printer against you as they scramble to load up with every worthless asset imaginable. At this rate Dow, Dax and Dung Manure 36,000 is easily reachable. The only way to play this is through gold, which is now the only flight from Central Bank lunacy.

From'TD', the man who never sleeps. http://www.zerohedge.com/article/here-come...d-greek-governm

$1242. €978. Gulp.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

RH, I've got a bad feeling about this one, got me spooked. People in the know are buying like crazy.

Yeah, but looking on the bright side, there is also an element of natural justice to over-inflated asset prices [and national egos] unwinding. The average Joe will once again buy an asset without mortgaging his whole future. Just a good old-fashioned depression, not the apocalypse.

Yeah, but looking on the bright side,

Always look on the bright side .....

MoonRocket.jpg

I try to please everyone.

I gave a presentation on precious metals investing at a meeting of an investors' club last night. I was surprised at how interested people were in options for investing in gold. Although these were sophisticated investors compared to Mr. Average, there was considerable consensus about the prospects for gold.

Start of the Public awareness phase?

would like to try to actually get a payment from them. :rolleyes:

You mean a payment in one of those paper currencies that were the fashion for many years? :unsure:

If the supposed CGT changes come in, ie that CGT moves from flat rate of 18%, to being the marginal rate of income tax, has anyone given any thought to what is the best move if you have an STR in GM/BV sitting on a large capital gain.

Can you just sell out and rebuy the next day and pay CGT on all capital gains accrued up to this point? Would you need to declare it now, orat the end of the tax year for this to work? Any expert opinion (or pointers of where to look) would be highly appreciated.

If the supposed CGT changes come in, ie that CGT moves from flat rate of 18%, to being the marginal rate of income tax, has anyone given any thought to what is the best move if you have an STR in GM/BV sitting on a large capital gain.

Can you just sell out and rebuy the next day and pay CGT on all capital gains accrued up to this point? Would you need to declare it now, orat the end of the tax year for this to work? Any expert opinion (or pointers of where to look) would be highly appreciated.

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....c=10119&hl=

My sentiments exactly, all thoughts welcome

Could this be linked to the German PM's dealer selling out of all stock?

OK, putting the implausibility of the Germans leaving the Euro aside, if they did (a big "if" I know), ramifications please for GBP and PM's.

JL

Germany Leave Euro = Euro Collapse

Euro Collapse = World War

who against who?

Take you pick. Whoever the bogey man they pin it to. Then it's world war to distract the proles from what is really going on.

Here's the leader board right now...

Iran

Pakistan

North Korea

Afghanistan

China

( NAW ) 05/12 08:57AM AUSTRIAN MINT SAYS SOLD 243,500 OZ GOLD IN COINS AND BARS IN LAST 2 WEEKS, MORE THAN IN ENTIRE Q1

( NAW ) 05/12 08:58AM AUSTRIAN MINT SAYS GOLD ORDERS COMING ENTIRELY FROM EUROPE IN LAST FEW WEEKS, SIGNS OF "PANIC BUYS"

It's from zerohedge.

It's not my place, but I could dress it up Cgnao style? :)

€984.55/oz!

At these prices I'm afraid to buy more gold.

But I'm also afraid not to buy more gold.

So I'm buying silver with my crappy euro

I've been saving this AWESOME video ... describes how I'm feeling.

the music is white zombie - real solution #9. The pictures are cgnao-esque.

the music is white zombie - real solution #9. The pictures are cgnao-esque.

At least its contained.......... :lol:

Fresh pile of Sterling cash here destined for gold. Pretty much feeling like you right now Ret45. Ultimately this is not the top for gold so if we go down from here it will be temporary. A disciplined averaging in approach seems like the best compromise.