• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

There is something of the 1970s about this "opportunity".

I could imagine one of these degenerating into hell on earth. At least with Big Brother, you can vote people out.

What happens when food runs out and everyone decides to eat Tom Cruise?

And how do they keep the zombies/irradiated muties/Democrats on the outside from breaking in?

I am reading up on the posts of "Another" - thanks to Steve Netwriter's recent postings. It takes hours, but they seem to be hours well spent, even if I do not agree 100% at all times. When I read this, I had to think of our dear DrB.:

http://www.usagold.com/goldtrail/archives/another2.html

The gold market is made up of a very broad spectrum of investors. At the very farthest ends of this spectrum lie the persons with the largest influence on the physical bullion. The super wealthy at one end and the "third world no ones" at the other. The middle is occupied, mostly, by the "investors with western thought". The far ends buy bullion. And they don't buy it as a gamble or a game! It is a way of life that has worked, through thick and thin, even before the West was "The West".

Now, on the other hand, this "modern day middle of the spectrum"! Well, they have read why we need gold, but they have never "Experienced" the need for gold! Until that day, when they gain "Experience", most of them will make "A Gamble That They Never Intended To Take". Yes, they do invest in all forms of paper and or leveraged gold and all the while, expounding from the roof tops the coming currency crashes and stock market declines. Even looking for bank closures and bank runs, as they cling dearly to comex options and gold stocks!

This market will continue to expand until we reach a massive gold derivatives failure. This will come about as those, who had no wish to gamble, but traded paper gold anyway, make a mad rush to dump paper and buy gold. Very, very few of them will succeed!

sorry for crossposting but i think this information is important:

Gold Bugs , the "New Iclanders"

Ker, I knew EverBank rang a bell.... who would trust these guys?

(LauraB @ Mar 12 2010, 08:00 AM) *

Jacksonville, FL based EverBank – a bank with approximately $8 billion in assets and 1800 employees according to the company website – recently sent this notice to customers (courtesy of Warren Bevan):

"Non-FDIC Insured Metals Select Changes" -

Section 6.3.7. General Terms: We have added language clarifying our right to close your account. We may close your Metals Select Account at anytime upon reasonable notice to you. If we believe that it is necessary to close your account immediately in order to limit losses by you or us , we may close your account prior to providing notice to you. Notice from us to one of you is notice to all of you. If we close your account, we reserve the right to convert your Precious Metals to U.S. dollars and tender the balance to you by mail

I see the aggressive gold bears (AGGOBEAS) are back running amok. There is a kind of macabre black comedy when these folk mentally disintegrate in a public forum. Sad too and reminds me why I spend much more time enjoying family life these days....

Remember folks these self same morons were telling you to dump your gold way back at 500 euros and earlier. 500 euros of complete and utter abject FAILURE.

the party of destruction ( forgive me gaelic lad) garda

yes going short, gold can phuk it self................cash is God...............deflation a period

clive

sorry for crossposting but i think this information is important:

Gold Bugs , the "New Iclanders"

http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/481054-k...-new-icelanders

I am reading up on the posts of "Another" - thanks to Steve Netwriter's recent postings. It takes hours, but they seem to be hours well spent, even if I do not agree 100% at all times. When I read this, I had to think of our dear DrB.:

http://www.usagold.com/goldtrail/archives/another2.html

Thanks for the link, amazing stuff, got me really thinking hard about going 100% in .. especially if written around 1997 etc onwards.. :ph34r:

Thanks for the link, amazing stuff, got me really thinking hard about going 100% in .. especially if written around 1997 etc onwards.. :ph34r:

Since I am 100% in (and de-facto more), I can only consider shorting even more currency. :o The Euro comes to mind.

Now, as for Another, interesting stuff he wrote back then, and, in a way, he was a good bottom caller - even if he never did so explicitly. His timing of course was off: the financial world did not implode in 1997/98, and it's still floating right now. But I think we are much, much closer to the end game now. However, Another's posts are a strong reminder of how long the CBs have been able to keep the game going, and how much longer they might be able to do so.

Now, for his central argument: the new oil currency, which would have to contain a bit of gold. An interesting thought. Even more interesting his idea, that the oil producing countries (only 1 real one, according to him) will corner the gold market using oil - simply by selling oil VERY cheaply in terms of gold, but at the same time also still for fairly low fiat money prices, therefore instant arbitrage would lead to an unprecedented gold price explosion - with no further action needed from the side of the oil producers (no loans, no derivatives, no gold stock!). Hence, it really would work (not like the Hunt brothers), the oil producers gold stock (and the CB's too!) would explode in value, and no one could complain, because the price of oil would not even go up (but gold would re-set to the world's astonishment).

An interesting idea. Will it happen? Not sure. It sounds too hunky-dory for me that you would only see the price of gold go up.

Only skimmed through the 1st couple pages, what do you think of his theory that the scam would eventually unwind.....

causing gold to explode upwards, and then oil

Is this what we are seeing now ?

Date: Sun Oct 19 1997 13:41

ANOTHER (THOUGHTS!) ID#60253:

Fact: If the world bids up the price of gold, all deals will be off! It would be every nation for themselves.Oil would explode in price!

Only skimmed through the 1st couple pages, what do you think of his theory that the scam would eventually unwind.....

causing gold to explode upwards, and then oil

Is this what we are seeing now ?

It looks pretty explosive to me!

http://gold.approximity.com/since1885/Gold_USD.html

Gold_USD.png

Also, when since 2007 was the risk "off" anyway?

Insofar as the market price of gold concerns us, it is quite significant that the gold price is stable/ to the upside when the fickle market swings between risk and risk aversion. imo this goes to show gold consolidating as a prime form of liquidity..... or its [informal] monetization.