• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

No one really excited about new all-time highs in gold anymore.

Populace possibly trying to figure out how to jump on the bandwaggon.

Read gold "analysts" and newsletter writers and say: I wait for $660 and then back up the truck.*

Hugh Hendry, who is Hugh Hendry?

EDIT: *Not gonna happen. Any entity with unlimited Dollars or Euros (there a quite a few of these) will buy unlimited gold at $1,000 latest. Fiat is done.

Populace possibly trying to figure out how to jump on the bandwaggon.

Read gold "analysts" and newsletter writers and say: I wait for $660 and then back up the truck.*

Hugh Hendry, who is Hugh Hendry?

EDIT: *Not gonna happen. Any entity with unlimited Dollars or Euros (there a quite a few of these) will buy unlimited gold at $1,000 latest. Fiat is done.

I think RB on HPC recommends backing up the truck at 300 USD FFS :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, not really.

€1250 & £1000 might be worthy of mention.

I'm getting on in years GF, I want some action now!

That's $1250 taken out. Let's celebrate with a few images.......

Got my old man the following for fathers day

yhst-64958522779775_1971_2627790.jpeg

Tom's gold shorts were beginning to smolder for a while there.

Is he really advising his subscribers to sell all their gold and go short?

I think RB on HPC recommends backing up the truck at 300 USD FFS :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought RB was going to start manufacturing gold out of other more common atoms using a large hadron collider?

Or was he more set on mining gold from of the lead casings from spent nuclear reactors?

This just appeared on zerohedge; the same day as a particularly aurophobic thread (which isn't link worthy imho) on hpc

Aurophobia is defined by Webster's dictionary as an abnormal fear of everything gold; but it might be more aptly defined as 'the pathological and almost hysterical fear of owning gold, as espoused by the mainstream media'. The mainstream financial media seem to be falling prey to this malaise at an alarming rate. With gold rising seemingly in perpetuity not only in dollar terms but in a plethora of free-floating paper currencies, the antagonists are out in full force, their fear and loathing of gold for all to see. Gold seems to engender all manner of emotions, and there appears to be no middle ground. The mere mention of the word can induce comments more on a par with those of Marmite. People either 'love it or hate it', as the advert for the nation's most divisive breakfast spread chimes. Indeed the skew of hate from most media gets more pronounced at every new high. Indeed, every interim peak in gold's price over the last few years has been accompanied by a cacophony of voices proclaiming it to be overvalued. The inevitable retreats that have followed have been short-lived, briefly silencing the critics. However much to these critics’ consternation gold keeps making new highs, and with it their strident chorus of disbelief echoes out even more fervently. - Hinde Capital

This just appeared on zerohedge; the same day as a particularly aurophobic thread (which isn't link worthy imho) on hpc

Aurophobia is defined by Webster's dictionary as an abnormal fear of everything gold; but it might be more aptly defined as 'the pathological and almost hysterical fear of owning gold, as espoused by the mainstream media'. The mainstream financial media seem to be falling prey to this malaise at an alarming rate. With gold rising seemingly in perpetuity not only in dollar terms but in a plethora of free-floating paper currencies, the antagonists are out in full force, their fear and loathing of gold for all to see. Gold seems to engender all manner of emotions, and there appears to be no middle ground. The mere mention of the word can induce comments more on a par with those of Marmite. People either 'love it or hate it', as the advert for the nation's most divisive breakfast spread chimes. Indeed the skew of hate from most media gets more pronounced at every new high. Indeed, every interim peak in gold's price over the last few years has been accompanied by a cacophony of voices proclaiming it to be overvalued. The inevitable retreats that have followed have been short-lived, briefly silencing the critics. However much to these critics’ consternation gold keeps making new highs, and with it their strident chorus of disbelief echoes out even more fervently. - Hinde Capital

My take on it is that we are in a kind of phoney war period where anyone with any gumption (including uber rich unspeakables) knows the debt is too great for the system to recover and will store their wealth as gold.

For a brief but uncertain period of time, one can still use paper currencies to purchase valuable goods (from the sheeple). The increase in the purchasing power of gold measured in dollars means we are closer to the endpoint - but when it comes, I think it will come swiftly.

Edit: Perhaps a fear of gold is linked to the fear of the changes that are coming. I wonder if people hate lifeboats because they represent the possibility of a disaster?

Aurophilia has worked pretty well for me over the last 3 years :)

Yet another 'it's about to blow' effort. http://www.zerohedge.com/article/parabolic...price-explosion

Is The Parabolic Blow Off In Gold Accumulation By ETFs About To Cause A Gold Price Explosion?

The closing of gold at an all time high price did not prevent GLD from purchasing 1.9 tonnes of gold on the last 24 hours. The ETF increased its gold holdings NAV from 1306.1 to 1308. The all time record high holdings of the precious metal represent a 7.5% increase in the tonnage of gold held in the past month alone, which increased by 91 tonnes, or 7.5%, from 1217 tonnes. As the chart below shows, we have entered into a parabolic purchasing period for not just GLD, but for all other precious metal ETFs, which struggle to keep their NAV at 1. In fact, if those who claim that ETF are among the primary sources of gold demand currently, such reindexing is now creating a positive feedback loop, whereby daily record gold prices are forcing the ETFs to purchase more and more gold to retain a mandated NAV, which in turn is leading to even higher prices on the margin. The accumulation blow off phase has begun, and with a variety of ETFs announcing either shelf or follow on offerings, with the proceeds to be used to buy gold, it is only a matter of time before the actual price blow off follows. A more suitable question is why, if the purchasing of gold has picked up so much, has the gold fixing not followed?

If I knew what 'NAV' was, it might help my understanding? :rolleyes:

I am bit worried. When are we going to see the usual seasonal correction!!!??? I usually like buying big in August.

I know how you feel. I have more buying to do but have been waiting ages for a decent buying opportunity. Meanwhile have been averaging in a bit and buying more silver.

Bet we'll be telling our grandkids about the good old days when gold was under $1000.... ;)

I've got a browser add-on which is a gold price ticker. Unfortunately it's near my clock. All this time gold's been between 1200 and now 1259, I keep glancing in that direction and thinking "that can't be the time".

Roll on 1260!

Edit: ooops, it's here!

See you up thereeeee!

Poor Tom has risked being turned into charcoal under the gold rocket.

According to what I heard he sold ALL his gold and then on top of that went short.

This by definition is not a "anything can happen" approach.

This is a "all in because my big golden balls say this is THE/intermediate top".

Definitely not a liferaft.