They have a business to run, and will appeal to mainstream money. Let's face it, some of the concerns here are on the fringe. This is not to say these fringe concerns might not one day go mainstream.

ah, but investment in gold is largely on the fringe also.

<<So I am genuinely sorry, and can only wish you the best, if the tomfoolery that passes for "gold analysis" on the web makes you view this fantastic news as part of the cabal's grand plan.>>

Well put, Sir! A successful business can ignore the prattle of bigots and conspiracy theorists.

genuine concern about involvement in BV from a specific family with a shady history is not bigoted.

and if BV can ignore this concern then why are they posting on internet forums trying to ridicule any critism of the Rothschild using tenuous links to David Icke?

now here's a question for you, Wolf:

if Bernie Madoff's son aquired a stake in BV and someone consequently withdrew their funds from BV due to concern over the family's track record, would you call that person anti-semitic?

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

& back up again.

Mrs Triple-X wonders if she is allowed to post positive news? :unsure:

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/gold-we-t...gold-erste-bank

Showing real resilience here. Too much unease and uncertainty in the market for it to sell off much. I've always been hedged against a deleveraging sell off... but am seeing it less likely in this "post-Euro" era. More likely is a slow but sure climb in this new upward trend. To break the upward trend, gold would have to go below 1180 odd. So plenty of leeway.

newtrend.gif

Gold in GBP is getting hit hard today - down over 1% already.

GREAT just bagged some more physical on the options expiry smackdown!!!!

OH NO THERE I GO AGAIN CLAWING THE SKY!!!!!

Bounced straight back up £10 after the pm fix. <_<

Physical is drying up in Hockley THE LARGEST GOLD and JEWELLRY CENTRE IN THE UK .Dealers ringing around to try and fill sov orders are stuggling.

GOT REAL GOLD YET :o

GREAT just bagged some more physical on the options expiry smackdown!!!!

OH NO THERE I GO AGAIN CLAWING THE SKY!!!!!

Bounced straight back up £10 after the pm fix. <_<

Physical is drying up in Hockley THE LARGEST GOLD and JEWELLRY CENTRE IN THE UK .Dealers ringing around to try and fill sov orders are stuggling.

GOT REAL GOLD YET :o

Hmm, wonder why the surge in demand for physical now... <_<

Must be a lot of bigots cautious people in the Midlands.

The Price of Apples

Thanks for your replies guys.

It's not a test, so I won't be marking your answers :lol:

You get a better quality of reply on here than I would expect in many other places. I think it's a gold thing ;)

I did want to get you all thinking about stocks and flows though.

The "stock" answer would be calculated like this:

Stock = 100 apples. Money in existence = $500.

If all the money "flowed into" the stock of apples, that would be $500 spread over 100 apples, or 500/100 = $5 per apple.

That IMO is wrong :D

The Flow answer would be calculated like this:

There is nothing to eat or drink on the island, just apples. Only one fool is willing to sell his one apple for some dollars.

That's potentially $500 trying to buy 1 apple.

Maybe $500 per apple (on sale) is closer to the answer ;)

Why am I making this point?

Of those who currently hold real physical allocated gold, how many are willing to sell?

So what is the real supply?

How much "money" might end up chasing that gold?

Yes, ultimately, the only oz of gold for sale might be chased by all the "money" in existence!!!!

So the maximum, theoretically, is quite high.

Yes, in practice, if only 1oz of gold was for sale people would buy other things, but it is the basic concept I wanted to highlight.

The Price of Apples

You get a better quality of reply on here than I would expect in many other places. I think it's a gold thing ;)

If all the money "flowed into" the stock of apples, that would be $500 spread over 100 apples, or 500/100 = $5 per apple.

There is nothing to eat or drink on the island, just apples. Only one fool is willing to sell his one apple for some dollars.

Of those who currently hold real physical allocated gold, how many are willing to sell?

Yes, ultimately, the only oz of gold for sale might be chased by all the "money" in existence!!!!

Yes, in practice, if only 1oz of gold was for sale people would buy other things, but it is the basic concept I wanted to highlight.

So an ounce is worth an ounce and an apple is worth an apple. :lol:

Given the decline of the West, the current ability to swap (high purchasing power) fiat for gold is a once in a lifetime opportunity to magnify one's purchasing power perhaps tenfold - only a fool would take paper profits. However, most people have some kind of a plan for life - even though it rarely works as one might wish <_< and at some point, land or property will seem cheap enough for those who wish to buy to swap some gold for property. For others, there may come a point where it makes sense to invest in some real productive activity but my feeling is that we are some years from that.

The Price of Apples

OK, so we have here all the makings of a William Golding novel. In "Lord of the Flies" the stranded school children had a choice between upholding decent civilized values or devolving into tribal barbarism.

So given that apples are the only source of sustenance, and the money is worthless, you would either have a government formed which would allocate to everyone a share, or the collapse of all rules and regulation, where might became right. There is no economy on this island, and therefore no currency. The original question is in need of no solution, and thus "dissolved". :)

We've got to have rules and obey them. After all, we're not savages. We're English, and the English are best at everything.

WILLIAM GOLDING, Lord of the Flies

Fancy thinking the Beast was something you could hunt and kill! You knew, didn’t you? I’m part of you? Close, close, close! I’m the reason why it’s no go? Why things are what they are?

WILLIAM GOLDING, Lord of the Flies

Hello all,

Ignoring the bile, there's really not much to add to the further comments Mrs.XXX posted from the email I sent her. Augmentum has a client which is RIT, a publicly traded investment trust. Like the WGC, Augmentum is now a minority shareholder in BullionVault. Paul remains CEO and the major shareholder, and there's no change whatsoever to your property rights or our terms (we'd be legally bound, as users know, to give 30 days' notice anyway). The custodian remains ViaMat, and the Daily Audit continues to prove your unique ownership each day. Raising capital was a long way from urgent, as our 2009 accounts show, but it's always useful in a fast-growing business, especially when it brings with it Augmentum's e-commerce expertise and the WGC's global marketing clout.

Whatever your prejudices or politics, the Rothschild name also has a long association with gold bullion, all of which makes for stronger sales, deeper markets and more active users. So I am genuinely sorry, and can only wish you the best, if the tomfoolery that passes for "gold analysis" on the web makes you view this fantastic news as part of the cabal's grand plan. Because you'll be leaving the world's most secure, transparent and cost-effective route to defending your savings with gold, and just when private wealth looks set to need it most, too.

Still, I'll confess - it is nice to feature on David Icke's website at last!

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/35432-l...o-bullionvault-

Best wishes,

Adrian

Adrian Ash

Head of Research

BullionVault.com

Perhaps a central issue here is that the kind of people who have bought physical (even at a distance) over recent years are precisely the kind of folks who like things kept simple. They have (I suspect) mostly bought gold to remove many of the question marks associated with other investments, and to try to get out of the way of those who can mess with their money. It feels as if we're still well in advance of any gold mania (whether or not one is to come), so gold buyers thus far are probably more suspicious and more cautious people than most. For gold buyers, change is something to be wary of.

BV's apparent simplicity (and being relatively question-mark free) might explain why it's done pretty well, and (sadly, from the point of view of at least some customers) become interesting to other parties.

I hope that those still in majority control of BV remind any such interested parties that they became interested in BV because of what BV already is. I would suggest the possibility that trying to 'improve' what BV is might not work out as intended.

There is nothing to eat or drink on the island, just apples.

Now he tells us! :rolleyes:

GLD Adds 3 Tonnes Of Gold Overnight To New Record, Has Added 124 Tonnes In Past Month Even As Gold Price Remains Unchanged

GLD claims to have added another 3 tonnes of gold to a fresh new all time record of 1,316.18 tonnes as of close of business today. In the meantime the fixing price of gold is back to near record levels... which is where it was on May 11, when GLD held over 124 tonnes of gold less. In other words, the world's biggest real time acquiror of the precious metal has added more than all central banks purchased in Q1 (if one ignores that whole Saudi Arabia snafu which we posted first last week), and the price of gold has not budged by a penny. Well played JPMorgan, well played.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/gld-adds-...ven-gold-price-

Perhaps a central issue here is that the kind of people who have bought physical (even at a distance) over recent years are precisely the kind of folks who like things kept simple. They have (I suspect) mostly bought gold to remove many of the question marks associated with other investments, and to try to get out of the way of those who can mess with their money. It feels as if we're still well in advance of any gold mania (whether or not one is to come), so gold buyers thus far are probably more suspicious and more cautious people than most. For gold buyers, change is something to be wary of.

BV's apparent simplicity (and being relatively question-mark free) might explain why it's done pretty well, and (sadly, from the point of view of at least some customers) become interesting to other parties.

I hope that those still in majority control of BV remind any such interested parties that they became interested in BV because of what BV already is. I would suggest the possibility that trying to 'improve' what BV is might not work out as intended.

Very well observed. Perhaps the loss of ultra cautious types was anticipated with the hope of reeling-in some new, wealthier, less savvy customers in the future. Given the dismissive tone of the reply here at GEI, the directors may be genuinely unaware of the effect their decision to take on a new 'partner' would have :blink:

You are on an island, there are 100 apples.

There is $500 in existence on the island.

What is the maximum price of an apple?

Depends if the owner wants to sell any apples.

If they are the only food source, the vendor or owner can decide on any price.

IE One apple for all your dollars and your shoes, food and water will always be worth more than any currency in certain situations.

Regards

ML

Do I win an apple ? :rolleyes::lol:

Regards

ML

From DrB's Diary

GOLD BREAKOUT?

Next week will be interesting

zzzz.gif

GOLD looks set for a major breakout, but it may not last, if the volume remains so low.

OIL RECOVERY?

Oil has fought its way back up to near $80

xxxik.png

But Oil is running into important resistance at/near Friday's close.

In the 2008 collapse, the big drop came after the second touch of the downtrend line

Here's the Oil Service Holders index (OIH) ... update : OIH-3mos

001df.gif

OIH: $99.16 Change: +1.98 / Percent Change: +2.04%

Open: 97.66 High: 100.03 Low: 96.92 // Volume: 7,755,600

OIH has rallied back a second time. But each time on light volume.

001kg.gif

In one of the more remarkable displays of gritty determination and tenacity that the gold market has seen since it first began its decade long bull market, the longs have completely negated the bearish downside reversal day pattern that emerged on the charts after Monday’s significant sell off from a new record high price. This simply does not happen very often, in any market for that matter, and has never occurred in gold since 2001. If you are a short, you have to be reeling in stunned disbelief. There are serious buyers at work in gold.

This performance is not merely impressive (that is too mild of a word), it is stupendously rare! Again, at the risk of beating a dead horse, the technical action in gold is telling us that the character of the market has completely changed from the pattern that we have grown accustomed to seeing the past 9 years and has now taken on a life of its own. This is acting like a market that wants to go higher, considerably higher.

- Trader Dan Norcini on jsmineset.com

http://jsmineset.com/2010/06/25/hourly-act...trader-dan-293/

From DrB's Diary

GOLD looks set for a major breakout, but it may not last, if the volume remains so low.

Bubb, how can you speak of gold volume when all you are looking at is an ETF (GLD)? I've always thought that this approach must be deeply flawed. GLD doesn't show how much China/India/Russia have bought last week. GLD doesn't show the turnover on BV, GM or more importantly, on the LBMA or on COMEX. GLD doesn't show us how many coin dealers are out of stock and how much they have turned over.