This is the dawning of the age of austerity....... cue music….or maybe not, doesn’t quite sound the same. :lol:

Looks like the world's moving on from the generation of baby boomers which embraced the self-centred, care-free “Age of Aquarius”. The new new age looks to be an “Age of Austerity”… and nothing is more austere, solid and perennial than gold. :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Aquarius

The expression Age of Aquarius usually refers in popular culture to the heyday of the hippie and New Age movements of the 1960s and 1970s. The New Age Movement is more accurately a phenomenon and yet seen by many as the harbinger of this future changeover of values associated with the arrival or imminent arrival of the Age of Aquarius.

Although more rock than New Age in genre, the 1967 musical Hair, with its opening song "Aquarius" and the memorable line "This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius", brought the Aquarian Age concept to the attention of audiences worldwide. However, the song further defines this dawning of the age within the first lines: "When the Moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars. Then peace will guide the planets, and love will steer the stars.", which according to Neil Spencer, is "astrological gibberish" as Jupiter aligns with Mars several times a year and the Moon is in the 7th House for about two hours every day. [27] These lines are merely poetic license, though many people take them literally. An example is the recent identification of February 14, 2009 (Valentine's Day) as the "perfect alignment to support our collective manifestation of love and peace and dawning of the Age of Aquarius."[28]

Link to previous thread: http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....0&start=360

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Looks like the world moving on from the generation of baby boomers which embraced the self-centred, care-free “Age of Aquarius”

The self-centred ones continue with 'achieving' whatever badge one wishes to apply to the 'age'.

Soul perception determines whether one has a built-in (fixed) worthwhile morality, or not.

It's so tedious that most seem convinced that 'one time around, grab what you can' is the way to go.

IMF’s Gold Assets Shrank in April as Russia’s Rose

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-06-3...sia-s-rose.html

June 30 (Bloomberg) -- The International Monetary Fund’s gold holdings fell by 15.25 metric tons (490,286 ounces) in May, according to figures from the Washington-based lender. Russia’s assets expanded by 22.46 tons.

Reserves of gold at the IMF were 2,951.58 tons at the end of May compared with 2,966.83 tons at the end of April, data on the IMF’s website show. Russia increased holdings to 703.1 tons in May, from 680.64 tons, and has added gold every month since at least February, the data show.

The IMF plans to sell a total of 403.3 tons of gold. India, Mauritius and Sri Lanka bought 212 tons last year and the IMF in February said it would begin selling the remainder on the open market. The combined February-to-May sales would leave about 137.5 tons as of the beginning of last month.

This “is an indication that they will continue to sell the remaining 137.5 tons on-market as opposed to via off-market transactions with other central banks,” said Daniel Major, an analyst at Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc in London. “Indeed the decline in gold sales from European central banks and purchases from India, Russia and China in recent years demonstrates gold’s growing popularity with central banks.”

Central banks have been adding to reserves and gold-backed exchange-traded fund assets have advanced to a record as investors sought an alternative to currencies and a protection of wealth from Europe’s debt crisis. Gold traded at $1,243.45 an ounce at 4:16 p.m. in London and reached a record $1,265.30 on June 21.

China Reserves

Central banks and governments added 425.4 tons to their holdings last year to 30,116.9 tons, the most since 1964 and the first expansion since 1988, data from the World Gold Council show. Official reserves may expand by another 192 to 289 tons this year, CPM Group, a research and asset-management company in New York, said last month.

China increased its reserves of gold by 454 tons to 1,054 tons since 2003, the Foreign Exchange Administration said in April last year.

They butchered that song, try the original.

By the way, are you and LauraB smoking a GEI bong that I should know about? Be fair, share...

This is the dawning of the age of austerity....... cue music….or maybe not, doesn’t quite sound the same. :lol:

Looks like the world's moving on from the generation of baby boomers which embraced the self-centred, care-free “Age of Aquarius”. The new new age looks to be an “Age of Austerity”… and nothing is more austere, solid and perennial than gold. :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Aquarius

Link to previous thread: http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....0&start=360

By the way, are you and LauraB smoking a GEI bong that I should know about? Be fair, share...

I could be a tease & say nothing less than a Brora 30 will detach you temporarily from the limitations of three-dimensions & back to where we belong, but I wont; especially after today's attack on the POG!

The truth is I've always been able to do it without substances. It's not something one shouts about as being stuck on the earth plane is tedious enough without provoking the skirted god botherers.

On the net I don't mind.

Suffice to say (& I'm totally sober):- We are forever & always have been. We come here to experience feeling & emotion, not for an easy time; it's that simple.

Do I get banned now?

A gift for people to sell fiat <_<

That was exactly what I was hoping for! I hope it goes on for a few days.

I need to get that SIPP sorted. :)

(Sorry, don't want to annoy anyone. But this plunge makes me extremely happy!!! :) )

... a broken handle? ...

I take this article as "gold bug nonsense", and have bet against it:

+ Last week, I sold 80% of my Gold taels, most of it near the top, and used the money to repay a mortgage,

+ Thursday/Friday I took some very fat profits on GLD positions, from when Gold was below $1,000

+ Today, I "neutralised" my remaining GLD spreads (600 oz.) by selling some $90Calls at $32.70, and:

+ Buying GLD Aug.$125puts at $6.00.

GLD ... update

zzzze.gif

GOLD has broken... / GLD-update

xxxk.gif

BELOW its wedge, and is testing the lower Bolly on HEAVY volume.

Don't trade Gold ! (Unless you are good at it.)

What are the Piper's men saying today, I wonder?

... a broken handle? ...

I am about to sell some fiat for Sovereigns (funds from a closed BV account). As you seem to be an expert at trading gold, what price should I buy at?

That was exactly what I was hoping for! I hope it goes on for a few days.

I need to get that SIPP sorted. :)

(Sorry, don't want to annoy anyone. But this plunge makes me extremely happy!!! :) )

Me too, I have accumulated some fiat and I dont want to buy in at these prices. I was thinking of silver and if it goes down some more Im going to load up big time.

Me too, I have accumulated some fiat and I dont want to buy in at these prices. I was thinking of silver and if it goes down some more Im going to load up big time.

Sub/ around 800 quid per ounce for gold was what I have been waiting for. So I will now begin averaging in from here.

Have also boosted my Gold Miners Fund as they have a fair ways to catch up.

Same as ever, presumably? Today's action is nothing new.

This fall is excellent news. I still hope for lower prices and will seek to buy on further weakness.

- Gold is a currency with no liabilities attached.

- Gold is competition to paper currency.

- Gold is not a commodity.

- Gold is a barometer of fear.

- Gold is a barometer of confidence in Government.

- Gold is insurance.

- Insurance is not something to trade.

- Gold is money when money fails.

- Hyperinflation is a currency event, not an economic event.

- Hyperinflation is a currency event described as a loss of confidence in the currency.

- Gold in your hand eliminates counter-party risk.

- Gold is the high ground when the global tsunami hits.

- Gold removes financial agents between you and your assets.

jsmineset.com

... a broken handle? ...

GOLD has broken... / GLD-update

xxxk.gif

BELOW its wedge, and is testing the lower Bolly on HEAVY volume.

Presumably this is the result of a short squeeze on the euro because of the sudden liquidity withdrawal by the ecb?

I am about to sell some fiat for Sovereigns (funds from a closed BV account). As you seem to be an expert at trading gold, what price should I buy at?

I would be interested in knowing when to make some major purchases. My short experience this far has taught me to be patient. So this decline could now continue for some time? I may buy silver when the time comes.

Nice timing Dr Bubb, nailed it to the day! Very clever.

Lower.

The market will tell you when to buy from its price and volume action.

Yesterday's action was a big confirmation that it wants to go lower

I am not ready to buy.

When I do start buying, I will probably start with 20-30% of what I want, and then add more later,

as the opportunity becomes clearer.

I have plenty of cash on the sidelines now

Same as ever, presumably? Today's action is nothing new.

This fall is excellent news. I still hope for lower prices and will seek to buy on further weakness.

I couldnt agree more,

But yesterday looks like the beginning of the slide, not the end of it

I couldnt agree more,

But yesterday looks like the beginning of the slide, not the end of it

1202. Nothing too unusual about POG going a little lower, which was overdue. Wouldn't call it a slide. Will be interesting to see if support around 1200 holds..

If it does go lower, will look to both buy silver with dollars, and swap a little gold to silver. Then reverse those trades on gold's resurgence.

au0365lf_ma-1.gif