• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

physical......

https://www.kitcomm.com/showpost.php?p=1079...mp;postcount=13

"In another interesting development, a buyer of a COMEX gold contract for delivery in September 2009 just received confirmation that the physical gold has finally been posted to his account. …The buyer noted that the broker’s rules for owning this particular bar have changed from past practice. … The new limitations on how the bar may be treated I interpret as a further sign of growing physical shortage in the COMEX gold and silver inventories.

If you don’t mind having to wait a year for delivery of your COMEX inventory, then you can consider owning a COMEX contract. If you want to make sure that you have the physical metal, though, get it in your own custody immediately."

believe what the paper certificate says or believe what your own eyes see ?

A strong challenger for the TITLE of GEI's most prolific CONTRAINDICATOR.

I AM REALY CURIOUS

Are you more PROUD of having no gold or LOSING money whith your TRADING (gambling) positions. :huh::blink:

I do not see why he/she should discuss his/her personal finances with you. His/her gains or losses are his/her own.

I keep posting all these great articles & links & yet virtually no replies (I think I have had one reply in 4 threads), makes you wonder who really is fully in & who really has any physical metal imo. ;)

anyways......another nice article for you all to enjoy:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-futu...obex-2010-09-20

At the moment, there is a “lack of major news to prevent a sell-off in gold,” said Chintan Karnani, chief analyst at Insignia Consultants in New Delhi. He referred to gold’s current rise as “too much money chasing too few goods.”

“Investors are invested in gold ... and they are not exiting their gold investments,” he said, pointing out that “fundamental gold is bearish as there is no demand, but gold has now become a paper asset.”

:o

:D

:lol:

B)

obviously it won't be a striaght line to the top:

But “technically overbought conditions exist” in the gold market and “a correction of $50-$60 should happen anytime before the next leg higher to $1,376,” Karnani said.

I keep posting all these great articles & links & yet virtually no replies (I think I have had one reply in 4 threads), makes you wonder who really is fully in & who really has any physical metal imo. ;)

At the moment, there is a “lack of major news to prevent a sell-off in gold,” said Chintan Karnani, chief analyst at Insignia Consultants in New Delhi. He referred to gold’s current rise as “too much money chasing too few goods.”

“Investors are invested in gold ... and they are not exiting their gold investments,” he said, pointing out that “fundamental gold is bearish as there is no demand, but gold has now become a paper asset.”

B)

But “technically overbought conditions exist” in the gold market and “a correction of $50-$60 should happen anytime before the next leg higher to $1,376,” Karnani said.

GOM all the physical holders are just chilling out waiting for the TSUNAMI to appear they probably dip in now and then but dont need to be glued to pcs watching daily movements thats for the traders.

Also your question about how many actually have physical i would say very few thats why when i hear the expression GROUP think i laugh my head off.

B)

GOM, I am sure there are many who have followed your links - guests as well as members. The guests cannot, of course, say thanks but just for the record; Thanks for the good links!

GOM, for the record I appreciate all your findings. I am just so busy at the moment I don't have time to comment.

Every day, I leave my home and wonder if this will be the day the music stops. I kinda have that feeling at the moment.

I'm pretty much fully in with liquid worth. Not worried at all. (Actually, if anything am concerned about not being worried! - classic sign of a top!) - but I simply know there is no place i'd rather be right now. Even if I lost half my paper value, I simply don't care. I am not playing the paper games any more.

I am safe where I am from the risks I see. If gold collapses and fiat is proved to be ok, then great. My pension should be worth something. If however, as I suspect, fiat is a confidence game and the music is about to stop (starting somewhere like Ireland), then I'm still safe. So I am simply waiting for the tsunami, as Fitkid says. And if it doesn't come, fine!

GOM, for the record I appreciate all your findings. I am just so busy at the moment I don't have time to comment.

Every day, I leave my home and wonder if this will be the day the music stops. I kinda have that feeling at the moment.

I'm pretty much fully in with liquid worth. Not worried at all. (Actually, if anything am concerned about not being worried! - classic sign of a top!) - but I simply know there is no place i'd rather be right now. Even if I lost half my paper value, I simply don't care. I am not playing the paper games any more.

I am safe where I am from the risks I see. If gold collapses and fiat is proved to be ok, then great. My pension should be worth something. If however, as I suspect, fiat is a confidence game and the music is about to stop (starting somewhere like Ireland), then I'm still safe. So I am simply waiting for the tsunami, as Fitkid says. And if it doesn't come, fine!

Hi chris ct,

same comment as I said to Schaublin, plus:

I agree it feels like any day now.

My comment was aimed at the posters who have mocked me over the last 2 years tbh. Plenty have called me a troll or conspiracy nut, just proving I am not. Everything is coming true, all that was predicted from a monetary pov (of which I always acknowledge those that helped me get to this point). :)

GOM all the physical holders are just chilling out waiting for the TSUNAMI to appear they probably dip in now and then but dont need to be glued to pcs watching daily movements thats for the traders.

Also your question about how many actually have physical i would say very few thats why when i hear the expression GROUP think i laugh my head off.

agreed fitkid. :)

try not to get banned, otherwise we will miss your input. ;)

Hi chris ct,

same comment as I said to Schaublin, plus:

I agree it feels like any day now.

My comment was aimed at the posters who have mocked me over the last 2 years tbh. Plenty have called me a troll or conspiracy nut, just proving I am not. Everything is coming true, all that was predicted from a monetary pov (of which I always acknowledge those that helped me get to this point). :)

Errr... we haven't had hyper-inflation. :lol:

Most have seen an ongoing economic crisis.... though the way in which it plays out could surprise many.

Gold May Advance to Record for Fourth Day on Speculation Dollar to Weaken

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-09-21/g...ll-further.html

Gold, little changed, may climb to a record for the fourth straight day driven by speculation that the dollar will weaken should the U.S. take further measures to stimulate its economy.

Bullion for immediate delivery traded little changed at $1,278.40 an ounce at 4:51 p.m. Melbourne time after surging as much as 0.8 percent yesterday to an all-time high of $1,283.80. The Dollar Index, which measures the U.S. currency against six counterparts, dropped for a second day.

“The main thing is just a continuing nervousness about the U.S. economy,” MineLife Pty Senior Resource Analyst Gavin Wendt said by phone from Sydney. Investors are concerned that the nation may take stimulus measures that would boost inflation and devalue the dollar, he said.

Gold has advanced 16 percent this year and is heading of its 10th annual gain. Confidence among U.S. homebuilders in September unexpectedly held at the lowest level in more than a year, a National Association of Home Builders/Wells Fargo index showed yesterday.

Bullion for December delivery on the Comex in New York was little changed at $1,278.50 at 4:54 p.m. Melbourne time. Futures touched a record $1,285.20 yesterday. Silver for immediate delivery fell 0.4 percent to $20.64 an ounce. The metal reached $20.9950 on Sept. 17, the highest level since March 2008.

Federal Reserve commentary later today that may suggest interest rates will remain low could encourage gold buying, Credit Suisse Group AG analyst Stefan Graber said by phone from Singapore today.

‘Extended Period’

“This would be, in our view, supportive for further strength in investment flows moving into precious metals and gold in particular,” he said.

The Fed is forecast at a meeting today to affirm its pledge to keep interest rates low for an “extended period” and to maintain the floor on its holdings of securities, according to economists surveyed by Bloomberg.

Gold may also gain support from increased central bank buying as they seek to reduce their exposure to the dollar, MineLife’s Wendt said.

“They will diversify even more with gold,” he said.

The dollar declined to $1.3077 per euro at 4:59 p.m. Melbourne time from $1.3061 yesterday. The currency reached a five-week low on Sept. 17.

Central banks and government institutions will be net buyers of gold this year for the first time since 1988, London- based research company GFMS Ltd. said in a report last week.

Most have seen an ongoing economic crisis.... though the way in which it plays out could surprise many.

Hi RH,

Errr......we are in a hyperinflation, right at the early stages imo......remember that brilliant chart & data from FOFOA that Steve Netwriter posted a few weeks ago, well the US & UK one will look very similar, the problem is that (as with most data), it comes out after the event has happened. Far too late for the majority. I like to be a minority case, contrarian as per usual. ;)

Hyperinflation is only a tiny part of the hyperinflationary scenario, so it's harsh to criticise on this detail. When the Pope arrives in the UK and they change the currency, THEN you'll get it.

some are even starting to get worried about physical allocation in Bullion Vault. This is a sign of the times isn't it......

https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=67184

Someone there raised a good point about the 'buy in at the best price' feature - I also thought it was a cynical trick to play on newbies. I closed my position there some time ago and feel better for it especially after the new 'partners' :unsure: moved in.

https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=67184&page=3

PS. I'm sure this won't affect you, but the "wizard" on their website which is designed to help noobs trade on their exchange is nothing short of a scam. I believe users have a reasonable expectation that this programme will get them the best price available, but it absolutely does not. If you use it, you are trading directly with BV (they don't tell you this) and they basically rape you. I complained to them about it, and was ignored. Another reason not to use them.

Someone there raised a good point about the 'buy in at the best price' feature - I also thought it was a cynical trick to play on newbies. I closed my position there some time ago and feel better for it especially after the new 'partners' :unsure: moved in.

https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=67184&page=3

PS. I'm sure this won't affect you, but the "wizard" on their website which is designed to help noobs trade on their exchange is nothing short of a scam. I believe users have a reasonable expectation that this programme will get them the best price available, but it absolutely does not. If you use it, you are trading directly with BV (they don't tell you this) and they basically rape you. I complained to them about it, and was ignored. Another reason not to use them.

I prefer BV to GM as with BV they let me just sit on my US dollars for any length of time. Not so at GM, they asked me to move along with my US dollar position... so I only sit on gold there. :lol:

The trading station at BV is a bit of a gimmick imo, but it is useful for the odd time you want to switch between metals/ funds etc.

If DJIA:Gold is at 1:1, will you still sell gold?

djiagoldrelativeratio.png

Nice chart.... pretty obvious where gold is heading. I don't think the nominal price matters that much [money illusion], as the fall in asset prices would match it. The ratio is the one to watch.

The Nikkei fell to near 25% of its peak. If the Dow followed a similiar path then it could head down to 3000/ 4000 over the next decade, which would also see gold at that level if the ratio of 1:1 is met.

If the deflation misery/ stagnation of the global economy that this process would bring is bad enough, governments may be forced to go back onto gold. This might see gold rehabilitated into the mainstream at a lower level. Yet, imo if currencies were tied back to gold, this would have two effects; restore the balance in international trade while also leading to a crash in local asset prices [as opposed to a slow grinding deflation] as money becomes more attractive to hold.

I prefer BV to GM as with BV they let me just sit on my US dollars for any length of time. Not so at GM, they asked me to move along with my US dollar position... so I only sit on gold there. :lol:

The trading station at BV is a bit of a gimmick imo, but it is useful for the odd time you want to switch between metals/ funds etc.

Don't you mean that BV have access to your dollars to invest as they wish and pay you zero interest :lol: