Gold/Silver moving a lot higher while the euro stays flat for the first time in a while....

Euro Monday 961

Today 985

That's a 3% move in three days...

Look's to me the Soviet Euro is getting taken to the woodshed with the the rest of the dead wood.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

This is all you need to know about the fool who wrote that article in London's City Propaganda rubbish FT (aka toilet paper in the trade).

Edwin Truman:

From 1977 to 1998 Truman directed the Division of International Finance at the Federal Reserve System

From 1983 to 1998 he was a staff economist for the Federal Open Market Committee.

In December 1998, President Bill Clinton, appointed Truman Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury for International Affairs.

In 2001, he joined the Peterson Institute for International Economics as a Senior Fellow.

In 2009, he was recruited by Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner as a temporary advisor to develop policies for the April 2009 G-20 London summit[4]

And still clueless. Incredible.

These days the Aussie dollar's pushing parity with the US dollar.

Interesting to compare both gold and Aussie against the US dollar. The rise in gold this last month has been matched with the rise in the Aussie.

aussiegold-1.gif

comp-1.gif

On a future reversal of the recent capital flow, gold as priced in Aussie should spike up while the US dollar price may come off a little.

Longer term Aussie/ US dollar and Aussie/ Gold:

longerterm.gif

Looks like CAD and AUD have nearly identical price for oz of gold

Australian Dollar +0.60% 10/14-04:40 1.0038 0.9963 1386.68 +1.27 +0.09%

Canadian Dollar +0.38% 10/14-04:44 1.0045 0.9955 1386.81 +3.46 +0.25%

I am a follower and believer in gold as real money but also fall into the camp that believes every part of our capital markets are being manipulated.

Where have the smack downs gone? I am a believer that the USD is staring into the abyss but also believe it has some life in it yet. In 08 I felt we should have exceeded the current price but because of continued intervention they kept a lid on it. Why have the stepped back now?

Could they be trying to create a blow out top or is there some other motive?

Looks pretty anti-climactic to me yet.

http://gold.approximity.com/since1968/Gold...rium_Price.html

Gold_Price_to_MZM_Equilibrium_Price.png

I like this graph and is one of the reasons why I was wondering if they could be allowing it to run a bit before hammering it down again, similar to the 1970's, before the real action comes as all fiat unravels in 10 years time?

What price level would gold need to hit in $ terms before we reach the 1975's first peak?

I like this graph and is one of the reasons why I was wondering if they could be allowing it to run a bit before hammering it down again, similar to the 1970's, before the real action comes as all fiat unravels in 10 years time?

There will be ups and downs on the way.

What price level would gold need to hit in $ terms before we reach the 1975's first peak?

Around $2,600 at today's levels.

I am a follower and believer in gold as real money but also fall into the camp that believes every part of our capital markets are being manipulated.

Where have the smack downs gone? I am a believer that the USD is staring into the abyss but also believe it has some life in it yet. In 08 I felt we should have exceeded the current price but because of continued intervention they kept a lid on it. Why have the stepped back now?

Could they be trying to create a blow out top or is there some other motive?

It is not that they have stepped back it is that they are losing control. They can only sell lots of paper shorts if the specs then sell rather than stand for delivery.

Jim Willie has been explaining on the Max Keiser show that some Asian & Arab billionaires have been front running the LBMA and comex and standing for delivery. This could be also seen by the fact that the last two options expiry periods the price closed higher into, rather than the usual capitulation by the specs after bullion bank selling.

As I have been trying to explain in DrBubbs other thread (The Gold Rally: Has it "Just Begun"? (as bulls think)) things stay the same until they change. We shouldn't expect the bullion banks to always be able to carry on selling endless amounts of paper shorts to control the price. At some point some buyers with serious money are going to stop them, which looks like what is currently going on with the higher closes into the last two options expiries.

$2000 odd is starting to sound a reasonable price when you consider it would only take a couple more years of compounding at the present rate of 20% to do it.

I thought we had established that the rate is not presently at 20% but actually is accelerating. Do you expect the boring 20% rate during the mania stage?

20101014-pmek7cy99ercstbb955hcjwryh.jpg

I thought we had established that the rate is not presently at 20% but actually is accelerating. Do you expect the boring 20% rate during the mania stage?

No, we'd "established" nothing. Might have to disagree to agree on that one. :lol:

I could nit-pick over the way you've drawn that chart, but no point really. Give it some time, and I think we'll see a small correction.... the price of gold doesn't just move one way. Look at some other charts where gold is priced in a third currency such as the Aussie... it helps to "triangulate" things.