On the Mr. T front, I just picked up some below spot gold (man-jewellery, 60g, 9ct £590) at a pawn shop and also found a high-street retailer having a 50% off sale on gold chains which were ~few% above spot, where I grabbed a bit too.. No, I won't be wearing it :D

EDIT: except maybe in private to see how ridiculous it looks!

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Without having watched the interview, I can say that the fact that they have got Mr T is not a sign of the top but of the fact that they really don't get gold and have read FA about it.

He's actually the face of some US cash-for-gold business IIRC, that's why he's on air. But he seems to hesitate a little when they talk to him about gold as an investment. I think like deep inside he knows it's a mistake to sell gold now. :)

Good interview with Felix Zulauf this week:

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Bro...3A16%3A2010.mp3

when you are in a secular bull market as strong as the gold market is timing corrections is virtually a fruitless undertaking. I reckon a regular constant purchasing on a monthly basis makes a lot of sense for most average investors

I reckon a lot of folks on here fit the average investor category. Folks looking for a "liferaft" that can help protect them. Yes you can accumulate more ounces via trading intermediate peaks and pull backs etc but you can also lose your shirt that way. I note that one of our more flamboyant gold/silver swinger traders has gone awol after countless attempts at shorting tops and turns.

I reckon a lot of folks on here fit the average investor category. Folks looking for a "liferaft" that can help protect them. Yes you can accumulate more ounces via trading intermediate peaks and pull backs etc but you can also lose your shirt that way. I note that one of our more flamboyant gold/silver swinger traders has gone awol after countless attempts at shorting tops and turns.

Ker?

Today we celebrated a festival of Dassera. We gave each other gifts. The gift is gold. And only gold. Its a nice feeling to give and receive gold. :D

My best wishes for the festivities!

Wikipedia: "Mysore Palace in all its majesticity and glory during Dasara"

800px-Mysore_Palace.JPG

$1770? When is that booked in for?

Are we all assuming that the parabolic move in gold will be largely as a result of dollar devaluation rather than anything else?

With a move to $1650 and GBP/USD at $1.85 that is a sterling price of £891, so nothing spectacular in sterling terms.

Is it still a buy (physical) though with sterling cash? or better to use a USD account and load up at bullion vault? or just short the USD?

Are we all assuming that the parabolic move in gold will be largely as a result of dollar devaluation rather than anything else?

With a move to $1650 and GBP/USD at $1.85 that is a sterling price of £891, so nothing spectacular in sterling terms.

Is it still a buy (physical) though with sterling cash? or better to use a USD account and load up at bullion vault? or just short the USD?

Been spread betting US miners in the UK for well over a year dollar devaluation priced in pounds its been great. Reckon I've got a few months left and then it'll be time to change strategy at the end of this move.

Thinking a big chunk of VXX something like that to generate USD as the pound collapses and gold retraces. Then rinse and repeat is the plan.

I too am expecting $1.80 ish before parity.

No, the parabolic move will be a result of hysteria, but this will be amplified by currency movement (hyper-inflation excluded)

Shouldn't that be £1,038.61/t.oz? Why 1.85:1 rather than 1.59:1?

There is never an advantage to exchanging your cash and buying in another currency, but there may be a benefit to selling in another currency. It's too late to trade this IMO, you would need too much luck on your side, just short the dola if that's what you want to do.

No, the parabolic move will be a result of hysteria, but this will be amplified by currency movement (hyper-inflation excluded)

Shouldn't that be £1,038.61/t.oz? Why 1.85:1 rather than 1.59:1?

There is never an advantage to exchanging your cash and buying in another currency, but there may be a benefit to selling in another currency. It's too late to trade this IMO, you would need too much luck on your side, just short the dola if that's what you want to do.

I should not have used the word "parabolic" we are some way off that yet I believe, what I should have said was the coming surge.

I am working on gold being $1650 early next year and the GBP/USD being at around $1.85.

$1650/1.85 = £891 ozt

Never an advantage? I agree and have long since tended to view gold as an alternative currency that floats against others. It is frustrating though watching dollar moves and never benefiting so I live in hope that there is an angle that I have missed.

Gold's parabolic move over the whole bull run is nothing but devaluation of all fiat currencies. All fiat currencies are in a race to the bottom, one takes the lead then another takes over.

Gold isn't really going up, it is the currencies it is valued in are losing purchasing power.

The british pound looks the weakest on here;

20101019-c5ur5jnm4bfggjftmgj7ytsiie.jpg