• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

You can’t make this stuff up. No later than 5 minutes after I received this email, Charlie Gasparino popped up on CNBC, announcing an Ambac deal was close at hand. The DOW then rallied 180 points…

Hey Bill,

Where's Charlie Gasparino when you need him? I think you could flip a coin on the Hail Mary today. I'm sure they'll try at some point, but they did it yesterday, and it didn't follow through. I think one of your readers pointed out that the fund managers who jump on that bandwagon and help facilitate the Hail Mary, pull in their horns at some point, and the PPT loses some of its sting. This leg down feels kind of "black holish" to me, so we might just get sucked down into the vortex, and blow through the January lows.

Question is, when does the Fed play their last trump card? I have a feeling we'll see an emergency cut in order to defend the January lows. That's going to be their line in the sand. If we get no Hail Mary today, and close on the lows, Asia will be looking at a nasty night, and we could be staring at the lows tomorrow, which means we might get a cut tomorrow morning, or the next day. Of course, there's no guarantee that the cut will even work it's magic this time around.

It might be good for a bounce, but the last one's effect has completely worn off...Bottom line, this market needs a good puke to help get back to normal. The best thing the Fed could do is take away the punchbowl, but that will NEVER happen, at least not as long as Helicopter Ben is at the controls!

Cheers, P de la V

UNREAL, except so often too real. The DOW roared back, closing only down 45 to 12,214. The DOG closed up 2 to 2260. As I watch the CNBC market wrap-up pundits beaming on TV after the close, all I can think of is the old PRAVDA. Who woulda thunk it so many years ago?

Oh yeah, NO AMBAC announcement!!! BEYOND FARCE.

The US economic news presented in the MIDAS commentary has been horrendous for MANY WEEKS. I mean terrible. IMO the ONLY reason the market hasn’t cratered yet is due to the antics of the PPT and its sycophant followers.

Before the PPT trotted out their carnival barker, Charlie Gasparino, yields on US Treasuries were tanking. They quickly shot up after the PPT did their thing again. CNBC’s Rick Santelli noted, however, the derivatives laden credit default swap spreads are not coming down … thus the drop in US Treasury interest rates was not achieving the desired results in other related markets.

This suggests to me that the possibility of a US financial market system failure is growing. From a MIDAS a few weeks ago…

February 14 – Gold $907.60 up 60 cents – Silver $17.22 down 10 cents

The Unthinkable Might Be Close At Hand!

…Planet Wall Street continues to tell the investing public "Everything is fine." Why else would the DOW keep rallying like it does time and time again? Meanwhile, not since the 70s have I seen a collection of so much negative news for the US economy and financial markets in a month’s time. Because of the constant market rigging over the past many years, which led to excesses of all kinds, the system is BLOWING UP. We are one derivatives crisis (sort of like a neutron bomb going off, setting off one financial nightmare chain reaction after another) away from catastrophe and the unthinkable. Yep, the Titanic analogy again. One day the world looks one way. The next day it is likely to look totally differently.

Is that too alarmist? I don’t think so. Just a real possibility thanks to The Gold Cartel, Working Group on Financial Markets, Counterparty Risk Management Group, and the Exchange Stabilization Fund. They have gone too far in their market management. As a result, they have allowed the patient to unknowingly get so sick from his secret addiction that the market managers usual HEROIN FIX won’t soothe the problem…

-END-

silver

From Ted Butler’s commentary today:

Up Against The Wall

There were some surprises in the most recent Commitment of Traders Report (COT) for silver futures on the COMEX. The COT, for positions held as of Feb 26, showed a big drop in the uneconomic spread positions, a notable increase in small trader short positions (most likely as a result of call option exercises that went into the money), and a decline in the total commercial net short position for the first time since the middle of December. (The raptors were buying this past week.) These all represented changes from past patterns, especially noteworthy since prices rose strongly in the reporting week.

But there was no surprise for the most important pattern in the silver COT, namely, the concentrated short positions of the largest 4 and 8 traders. Once again, each set new records, as the big shorts sold into the rally. The big 4 are now net short 62,229 contracts, or over 311 million ounces. That’s the equivalent of more than 177 days of world mine production. The eight largest traders are now net short 79,042 contracts, or more than 395 million ounces, or more than 225 days equivalent production. Never has there been a greater concentrated position of any type (long or short) in silver, or in any other commodity. If Nero were alive and responsible for commodity regulation, I’m sure he would be fiddling as the danger in the silver market burns out of control…

-END-

Adrian:

Bill,

While having total disdain for the Cartels motives I have never underestimated the enemy; they have always shown themselves to be shrewd and powerful at manipulating markets. That was my opinion up until 3 hours ago...what they pulled today was the dumbest stunt imaginable...in the midst of a commercial signal failure and with cartel groupies covering of late they are trying to quench the fire with gasoline. The pathetic attempt to rescue a terminally ill USD via the Japanese fell on its face yet the desperados still went on a crazy morning PM raid. I am sending this from my phone because I am at my bank wiring funds to take advantage of this generous gift from the Cartel!!

Cheers

Adrian

If you ever wanted to know why GATA is having another conference, today’s Gold Cartel raid ought to be your answer. If you're able to get away from your daily chores, make plans to be there (details can be found at www.GATA.org).

The gold/silver shares did not have the luxury of Darth Vader's merry band and remained in the tank. The XAU lost 7.86 to 195.62 and the HUI lost 17.42 to 484.23.

If what we are witnessing regarding the manipulation of US financial markets was not so serious, it would be comical. It all seems so goofy, childish and obvious. The brain dead can spot what is going on here. Since there are a lot of people in the world who are not brain dead, these antics have reached their own Tipping Point, in that they are increasingly sending more and more investors into gold and silver ... people who want to own something that makes sense.

This dip in gold and silver should be a quickie, as the BIG MONEY moves in to pick up cheap gold. As for silver, it ought to make new highs very soon as the Commercial Signal Failure kicks in further.

Early MIDAS tomorrow as I am on my way to San Diego. My sister Diane is being honored on Saturday for her work with foster kids.

GATA BE IN IT TO WIN IT!

MIDAS

You can’t make this stuff up. No later than 5 minutes after I received this email, Charlie Gasparino popped up on CNBC, announcing an Ambac deal was close at hand. The DOW then rallied 180 points…

Hey Bill,

Where's Charlie Gasparino when you need him? I think you could flip a coin on the Hail Mary today. I'm sure they'll try at some point, but they did it yesterday, and it didn't follow through. I think one of your readers pointed out that the fund managers who jump on that bandwagon and help facilitate the Hail Mary, pull in their horns at some point, and the PPT loses some of its sting. This leg down feels kind of "black holish" to me, so we might just get sucked down into the vortex, and blow through the January lows.

Question is, when does the Fed play their last trump card? I have a feeling we'll see an emergency cut in order to defend the January lows. That's going to be their line in the sand. If we get no Hail Mary today, and close on the lows, Asia will be looking at a nasty night, and we could be staring at the lows tomorrow, which means we might get a cut tomorrow morning, or the next day. Of course, there's no guarantee that the cut will even work it's magic this time around.

It might be good for a bounce, but the last one's effect has completely worn off...Bottom line, this market needs a good puke to help get back to normal. The best thing the Fed could do is take away the punchbowl, but that will NEVER happen, at least not as long as Helicopter Ben is at the controls!

Cheers, P de la V

UNREAL, except so often too real. The DOW roared back, closing only down 45 to 12,214. The DOG closed up 2 to 2260. As I watch the CNBC market wrap-up pundits beaming on TV after the close, all I can think of is the old PRAVDA. Who woulda thunk it so many years ago?

The US economic news presented in the MIDAS commentary has been horrendous for MANY WEEKS. I mean terrible. IMO the ONLY reason the market hasn’t cratered yet is due to the antics of the PPT and its sycophant followers.

Before the PPT trotted out their carnival barker, Charlie Gasparino, yields on US Treasuries were tanking. They quickly shot up after the PPT did their thing again. CNBC’s Rick Santelli noted, however, the derivatives laden credit default swap spreads are not coming down … thus the drop in US Treasury interest rates was not achieving the desired results in other related markets.

This suggests to me that the possibility of a US financial market system failure is growing. From a MIDAS a few weeks ago…

…Planet Wall Street continues to tell the investing public "Everything is fine." Why else would the DOW keep rallying like it does time and time again? Meanwhile, not since the 70s have I seen a collection of so much negative news for the US economy and financial markets in a month’s time. Because of the constant market rigging over the past many years, which led to excesses of all kinds, the system is BLOWING UP. We are one derivatives crisis (sort of like a neutron bomb going off, setting off one financial nightmare chain reaction after another) away from catastrophe and the unthinkable. Yep, the Titanic analogy again. One day the world looks one way. The next day it is likely to look totally differently.

Is that too alarmist? I don’t think so. Just a real possibility thanks to The Gold Cartel, Working Group on Financial Markets, Counterparty Risk Management Group, and the Exchange Stabilization Fund. They have gone too far in their market management. As a result, they have allowed the patient to unknowingly get so sick from his secret addiction that the market managers usual HEROIN FIX won’t soothe the problem…

-END-

A while back I was having lunch in a restaurant off 42nd street and Charlie "the gossip" Gasperino comes in with a couple of his buddies. It was freekin hilarious you would have thought Elvis had been sighted. Everyone was drooling over this buffoon. I love the way on CNBC he starts a conversation by saying, "I just got off the phone with Joe Bloggs from Massive Company, and he gave me the inside scoop". Yeah, Charlie, keep taking the meds and reading the teleprompter.

last one from GATA Midas aka Bill Murphy and that's it...

pretty pertinent!

Warning, please be advised, that there is wacko nut case stalking planet wall street with outlandish claims and prognostications of sky high bullion prices. This crazed fool is shunned by most major media and common folks as being a bit on the edge, a loose cannon. Well, in the fall of last year, October 2007, extra special note was taken by yours truely when this crazed lunatic said that gold would be several hundred dollars higher, and specifically put the price at $950/oz to $1150/oz within six to nine months. The minimum call was $950 by June 08. Most planet wall street cool-aide drinkers yawned, and just thought this creep was nothing but a blow-hard court jester, dressed up like a Mycenaean King in gold laced garb, playing the fool, for the big laugh, and they did laugh at him. Honestly, I was a little skeptical when gold was struggling in the $700s, and told all my friends in the cafe about the gutzee call made by that lone-star gold bug. Well Well, as it turned out, June 08 950$ was the minimum, and dang, the price range was hit within 3 months of the call, JUST NAILING IT, and March 08 $1150 as a maximum, now seems a sure bet, within 30 days. In going back, as it turns out, this gold-freak, has been right on the money FOR SIX YEARS running with the bullion calls and correct analysis. Guess who is laughing now? Who is this guy? Well he goes by the name Midas, now having my sincere congratulations!

Derrick

Hi Bill,

I have an idea!

But first some background... over the years, I recommended about 30 friends to take out the free Café trial, in particular the daily Midas. As far as I know, not one took it any further ie none paid the subscription. They virtually all said they didn’t understand it... and it was too time-consuming for them to look at old Midas' to try to understand it.

I think at somewhere obvious, there should be a permanent whole page dedicated to new people at Café - with very easy to understand explanation of manipulation. You could use my proof.doc - refer attached latest.

By "somewhere obvious", I mean a link either:

-at home page, or

-on your Guests page (either before or after they enter contact details), or

-or at "Le Menu" Table page, immediately above or below the top picture...

but either way it must be large and obvious, something like "New Members click here."

I recall you had my proof.doc copied to a table (I think it was Matisse Table)... but it wasn't an obvious location to new people, and it eventually faded away as other articles appeared at that table.

Regards, Sid

Thanks for the note Sid, but this site is not for everyone, especially lazy people who don’t want to do any homework. Think of all the money those people have foregone over the past 9 years because they didn’t take some time and learn something new. That’s their problem and loss.

This is not Einstein stuff … matter of fact it could not be simpler. The market was artificially suppressed … not very difficult to understand. Demand for physical gold has been far greater than supply … thus the price must go way up to ration the dwindling mine and central bank supply … also not very difficult to comprehend.

Hi Bill:

Perhaps this is why most folks are still "asleep" concerning gold and silver.

Lord knows you've got enough to read, but thought this might be pertinent.

I've tried to understand why people are the way they are because I know they're not stupid.

Something is very wrong. In searching for some answers, I came across this:

"The Underground History of American Education" by John Taylor Gatto, found on-line here: http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/underground/index.htm

Taken from the prologue, found here: http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/underground/prologue6.htm QUOTE

Dumb people are no longer merely ignorant. Now they are

indoctrinated, their minds conditioned with substantial doses of commercially prepared disinformation dispensed for tranquilizing purposes.

Jacques Ellul, whose book Propaganda is a reflection on the phenomenon, warned us that prosperous children are more susceptible than others to the effects of schooling because they are promised more lifelong comfort and security for yielding wholly: "Critical judgment disappears altogether, for in no way can there ever be collective critical judgment....The individual can no longer judge for himself because he inescapably relates his thoughts to the entire complex of values and prejudices established by propaganda. With regard to political situations, he is given ready-made value judgments invested with the power of the truth by...the word of experts."

Ellul puts it this way: "The individual has no chance to exercise his judgment either on principal questions or on their implication; this leads to the atrophy of a faculty not comfortably exercised under [the best of] conditions...Once personal judgment and critical faculties have disappeared or have atrophied, they will not simply reappear when propaganda is suppressed...years of intellectual and spiritual education would be needed to restore such faculties. The propagandee, if deprived of one propaganda, will immediately adopt another, this will spare him the agony of finding himself vis a vis some event without a ready-made opinion."

END

Ready-made opinions, probably via CNBC, CNN or FOX.

Respectfully,

Edward Ulysses Cate

Hi folks, another former HPC gold poster here, had enough - they're taking the pi55 over there, may go back now and then to speak about hpc but doubt it will be often after the way they behaved.

BTW, I was originally Impartial, I am no longer I am a Comrade In Golden Arms inspired by jsmineset.

glad we have a new gold thread and Dr. Bubb deserves the publicity and members at his site.

let's have it.

Hey Bill,

Cheers, P de la V

-END-

You can near set your watch, for when the cartel attacks gold ,before the main man speaks ,just like JS says is true,and que the cheerleaders with the pom-poms slithering about on CNBC talking the markets up. I think we need a wee picture,if i may dare of an explosion of the derivatives unravelling. :rolleyes::):lol:

ahhh thats better.

post-1607-1204680381_thumb.jpg

Hi folks, another former HPC gold poster here, had enough - they're taking the pi55 over there, may go back now and then to speak about hpc but doubt it will be often after the way they behaved.

BTW, I was originally Impartial, I am no longer I am a Comrade In Golden Arms inspired by jsmineset.

glad we have a new gold thread and Dr. Bubb deserves the publicity and members at his site.

let's have it.

Good on you for picking that name :rolleyes:

let's have it.

Welcome Comrade In Golden Arms :rolleyes:

Same as me i read their attacks on you tonight and others especially the pox ridden STC , i stop posting over there about 6 months ago, not that i had anything useful to say, but i was bored with the usual can't eat gold blah blab blah.

OMG this is major scandal, the sneaky bag of snakes at hpc have put a rendering filter on the url that points to this topic.

I would laugh if it wasn't so sneaky.

copy and paste the url to this thread, try and post it into a hpc.co.uk new thread (or any thread) and post it - the url is automatically changed to a link to their old gold thread which they locked on their site!!!

LOL

ridiculous bunch.

Welcome Comrade In Golden Arms :rolleyes:

Same as me i read their attacks on you tonight and others especially the pox ridden STC , i stop posting over there about 6 months ago, not that i had anything useful to say, but i was bored with the usual can't eat gold blah blab blah.

Thanks GL, as goldfinger pointed out, the non invested over there are usually the most panic stricken and aggressive.

OMG this is major scandal, the sneaky bag of snakes at hpc have put a rendering filter on the url that points to this topic.

copy and paste the url to this thread, try and post it into a hpc.co.uk new thread (or any thread) and post it - the url is automatically changed to a link to their old gold thread which they locked on their site!!!

LOL

ridiculous bunch.

W**kers, sums them up in one word.

let's have it.

Hi CIGA/Impartial,

Thought you conducted yourself really well this evening over at the asylum. Although I found events over there today highly amusing, I must admit, I'm somewhat flabbergasted at their juvenilistic bravado as it clearly demonstrated the degree of pressure that they are now under following yesterday's ill-conceived upheaval.

Should the price of PMs continue to appreciate relentlessly, as I think it will, then the unfortunate actions of a very few will prove extremely difficult to justify and will only serve to further tarnish the reputation of what is already becoming a highly suspect web forum IMO.

LOL

ridiculous bunch.

Make no mistake, they know they've over-stepped the mark on this one and now they're panicking over the likely long-term consequences...

The funny thing is those lot on HPC that constantly deride gold would have made some good profits if they had bought some when they fist started their aurophobic behavior, maybe that it why they are so bitter?.

I don't understand why it gold is such an emotive subject for people. I do not see the same degree of vitriol directed at other assets such as agriculture,oil,equities etc

Maybe gold has some deeper meaning or memory embedded deep within peoples psyche.

Just working my way through this thread, glad to see fellow gold comrades from hpc.

The reason there is so much anamosity was explained by GM Loeb.

"The desire for gold is the most universal and deeply rooted commercial instinct of the human race."

Gerald M. Loeb

Imagine posting again and again there was no point investing in an overpriced barbarous relic, only to see it increase in price by near 50% in a year, how would that make you feel? And most of those were moderators.

Gold, like snakes, crocodiles, spiders, fibonnaci and certain human instinct natural reactions may have a deep rooted impression in our genetics.

let's have it.

Welcome CIGA!!! Great handle, great to see you here - now where is stonethecrows??? :rolleyes::):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi CIGA/Impartial,

Thought you conducted yourself really well this evening over at the asylum. Although I found events over there today highly amusing, I must admit, I'm somewhat flabbergasted at their juvenilistic bravado as it clearly demonstrated the degree of pressure that they are now under following yesterday's ill-conceived upheaval.

Should the price of PMs continue to appreciate relentlessly, as I think it will, then the unfortunate actions of a very few will prove extremely difficult to justify and will only serve to further tarnish the reputation of what is already becoming a highly suspect web forum IMO.

Hi WP

Glad I found his thread, no need to post over there so much now - however the banter with ignoramuses was sometimes sadistically pleasurable, I might post a few anarchic ramblings now and again to stir 'em up, especially when gold decisively takes out $1000.

Welcome CIGA!!! Great handle, great to see you here - now where is stonethecrows??? :):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That crazy beeeyatch needs her head examined, I got to admit she does not post like i would expect a female to, maybe she's a lady boy.

Personally, I don't actually think she even holds any gold, no true gold holder would get the FVCK out of gold after a 2% correction which seems to have petered out already.

:lol::rolleyes:

Welcome CIGA!!! Great handle, great to see you here - now where is stonethecrows??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW Hello to you too.

good to see the extended 'gold' family back together again.

We will also get some excellent insight from Dr Bubb and Frizzers here without doubt.

Thanks to impartial found this site.

I just cant believe they moved the Gold thread over at HPC and have now locked it.

Oh Well at least I have now found a whole new forum and am looking forward to reading everyones views on the markets.

Hi Marmite,

This thread I'm sure will be better, bigger and stronger than the other one.

We are living in very interesting times and we will have lots to talk about as we take this journey together.

LOL

ridiculous bunch.

Gotta get crafty and use the word dot instead of . and forwd slash instead of / etc etc

The bar stewards are monitoring this thread and I bet those of you defecting will also have your PM facility at HPC spiked ... just like GF.

I have one message for smelly/bart/olfart and gang - CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have shot yourselves in the foot by spiking the very thread that earned the owner (Brendan M) THE MOST MONEY on ad click throughs!!!!!!

What a bunch of useless idiots you are!!! If I were Brendan I'd fire the lot of you!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A while back I was having lunch in a restaurant off 42nd street and Charlie "the gossip" Gasperino comes in with a couple of his buddies. It was freekin hilarious you would have thought Elvis had been sighted. Everyone was drooling over this buffoon. I love the way on CNBC he starts a conversation by saying, "I just got off the phone with Joe Bloggs from Massive Company, and he gave me the inside scoop". Yeah, Charlie, keep taking the meds and reading the teleprompter.

He thinks he's a made man, a wise guy, Tony freaking Soprano, LMAO! :lol:

Hi CIGA,

Glad to be here :lol:

Who is over from HPC ??? Goldfinger / impartial............

Hello to everyone.

Is this forum a general investors discussion group. Sorry, I am new here and havnt had a chance to read through all the topics to get a feel for things.