• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

£614 tonight, more to do with the falling pound though........

anyone else missing cgnao's posts? he's not posted for nearly a month now, what's going on - we should be told!

(Daddy Bear over on HPC has a remarkebly similar style ;) )

Yes, I was thinking the same of daddybear. Not sure though.. Seems a little less forthright.

There is an interesting article on marketoracle showing how the gold price tracks the under or over valuation of the housing market, albeit with a 2 year lag. It cites a historic chart with future projections that if correct could see gold at $200 by 2012 due to deflation.

:o

I know everyone on this thread is very bullish about gold for several good reasons. I too have a position. However, I think it is good to take note of any bearish sentiments to get a balanced view.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article10185.html

totally conflicting charts. does anyone understand how the two datasets arrive at different answers?

The chart from the article is very misleading. I haven't (and will not) read the article.

where do you see the total number of ounces per house bottoming? <100?

Yes. We might go down to 50oz this time round.

The chart from the article is very misleading. I haven't (and will not) read the article.

You’re not missing much.

He concludes with (Paraphrased), “I haven’t really proved anything. I might look at it again in ten years”

The plot of housing price over/under value lagged two years compared to the price of gold from 1980 to 2008 (28 years) gives a 78% R-Squared. OK that's not 95% and it's not exactly a long time-series but at least the projection is within the range of the correlation.

Mmm...interesting, might be worth having another look at that in ten years time.

There is an interesting article on marketoracle showing how the gold price tracks the under or over valuation of the housing market, albeit with a 2 year lag. It cites a historic chart with future projections that if correct could see gold at $200 by 2012 due to deflation.

:o

I know everyone on this thread is very bullish about gold for several good reasons. I too have a position. However, I think it is good to take note of any bearish sentiments to get a balanced view.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article10185.html

What a terrible article.

Andrew Butter is managing partner of ABMC, an investment advisory firm, based in Dubai ( hbutter@eim.ae ), that he setup in 1999, and is has been involved advising on large scale real estate investments, mainly in Dubai.

Quite telling methinks. ;)

Quite a jump. And silver back to 12.70. Still not buying though. I reckon at some stage this summer we will see a big dip and will load up then. :rolleyes:

Due to further deleveraging and a deflation scare in the schizoid market.

I can feel the shiny stuff trying to pull the dry powder from me, but I too have a nagging doubt.

If I was to buy today it will be driven by fear. The seasonal paterns show dips in the summer. I really hope I am right :unsure:

Do you have a link / article info ???

I have probably read it, but you know what its like. I read tooo much sometimes and it just merges into one :lol:

It was posted on jsmineset recently that MA has said that gold will either take off 19th April or Middle of June. Will try to find the link. 19th April seems currently to be a change in direction at the moment.

http://jsmineset.com/2009/04/14/gold-the-crowds-confusion/

When:

Let’s give credit to the best of market timers, Martin Armstrong. He calls for the earliest gold turn on April 19th versus the latest point of turn in mid June. If it is June he sees this as indicative of $5000 gold.